It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian President Visits Kenya, Seeks Closer Relations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Iranian President Visits Kenya, Seeks Closer Relations

www.payvand.com

The two governments have also reportedly agreed to establish direct air links between Nairobi and Tehran, set up a shipping line between the Iranian port of Bandar Abbas and the Kenyan port of Mombasa, and to build an Iranian trade center in Nairobi.

Kenyan media reports have also raised the possibility that Iran may be poised to sign a deal to help Kenya build a nuclear power plant to generate electricity. An Iranian company has already been hired by the Kenyan government to construct a hydroelectric power plant north of Nairobi and a gas power plant near Mombasa.

Kenya seeks nuclear energy program

Joshua Musyimi, who heads an energy development project at the Kenyan Ministry of Planning, says the government has made no secret that it is urgently looking for a partner, who can provide the technical know-how to develop a nuclear energy program for Kenya. He says soaring electricity demand, volatile oil prices, and limited natural resources are some of the reasons why Kenya is interested in nuclear energy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There has been great concern expressed over Iran's increasing nuclear capabilities. Not everybody is convinced that it is just a nuclear power plant they are working on but also nuclear weapons. Now we have Iran helping Kenya build a nuclear power plant. Given President Obama's close personal ties with Kenya and its government, we can assume that he is fully aware of and approves of this partnership. We also know that he wants to open new dialogue with Iran.

What exactly is behind this convenient partnership between Iran and Kenya with President Obama beaming in the background? It is certainly an excuse to stop criticizing Iran's nuclear development if it's helping out Kenya. Kenya has come to count on US backing for whatever they do. Will that "favorite son" backing gradually expand to include Iran's activities? Or will Iran use Kenya as an outlying base? Does this further endanger Israel?

www.payvand.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Star and flag, this is intresting, considering that china is also taking over allot of the places in africa, could this be a direct link trading with china? think about it, to make it look like you're trading with africa.. but in reality you're trading with china

More people should be looking into this... I'm going to jump into some re-search

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Here goes the government green men.

It's causes the rothshicld ahem ahem I mean the people of UNIAMERICA great concern that this man is gaining nucs"

Who cares, USA is in no positiion to say anything until it gives up theirs. So put up and shut up until you do.

I'm dealing with kids when it comes to this topic over and over. Stop it already please. If Kid A gets a lolly then the other kids gets one. Otherwise no kids get any.

This is the only way of dealing with it folds, yes I'm saying to the Rothschild. Owe up or shut up Rothschild
Now back on topic, isn't it great that the Iranian leader is making diplomatic talks with Kenya.

Seems good to me.
Peace
to all my fellow bankers in America, the money got nuced. Keep it real folks

[edit on 25-2-2009 by universe attracts wisdom]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Iran is getting its nuclear fuel and other help from Russia. I think it' an ineresting situation. Kenya's politics has been pretty corrupt but our president is best buds with their government, is very close to Railla Odinga who was responsible for much violence upon losing an leection, because obama's father comes from the same tribe as Odinga and in Africa everything is about the tribes. So I wonder what this close friendship really means? How supportive will be of his beloved Kenya working hand in hand with Iran who up until now has been a source of real concern.

I think Iran is interested in "helping" Kenya because of that regard Obama has for his ancestral country. I have no idea if Russia wants in on that. But its an alliance that makes me uncomfortable.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Israel wont be too happy about this. Iran spreading nuclear facilities...I just dont see this ending peacefully.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

seems to me they have good reason to worry. obama has shown himself to be less pro-israel than the last few presidents. clinton's current visit make that clear. i think condoning this partnership could be part of that change in policy. it certainly gives iran a lot more territory in which to hide things they might not want in public view. although it's officially about nuclear power, the issue really is nuclear. would obama object to ANYTHING that kenya might do in collaboration with iran? I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher

seems to me they have good reason to worry. obama has shown himself to be less pro-israel than the last few presidents.

I'd have to disagree with this considering obama never once condoned israel from attacking gaza, although he does show he has an "anti-Israel attitude" he doesn't put it into play when it counts :\, i can sort of see his personal agenda an the american governments agenda conflicts allot, you can blatently see this when he does his speeches.

I take it what you meant by "less pro-israel" meaning he dislikes israel more then the last presidents?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Obama this Obama that. WILL YOU ALL SNAP out of it. Obama is a puppet. If you thought Bush was a puppet in comparison to Obama, you better think again. Bush has a history of power, statue and wealth behind him. Bush's father was head of CIA, they own major oil companies. With all this power that the Bushes have, they are not even on the top end of hierachy but still were puppets. So you can bet your backs Obama is a duck in a very large pond. The ruling familes that have been there since the begining of America. It will stay this way until you all stop reacting and being sucked into this nonsense.

Obama doesn't decide or make plans. He takes the orders from his backers. He is a simple higher class black American from a middle class background. That is it!!!!!!!!

I'm so tired of people's lack of unawareness. Obama is running around with the zionist's. They are the ones behind Israel unacceptable behaviour and it's the reason why Obama doesn't condone it. Make you wonder If Obama really is the most powerful leader in the world.

I'm so sick of this, Obama this and Obama says that. Its too staged and pathetic for me to even watch him or watch other people hopping off this.!

Iran is a threat, because Iran is standing up for itself. DEAL WITH IT people.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by universe attracts wisdom]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by allsop

I take it what you meant by "less pro-israel" meaning he dislikes israel more then the last presidents?

Yes! I've been listening to too many speeches lately and forget how to put things in a straightforward way!

I personally don't think this is a bad thing. I'd love it if, since we as a country are dead broke, we'd stop sending money to israel and let them stand on their own. That doesn't mean that I trust Iran and believe their new partnership with Kenya is based on just trying to help out. They expect to get a lot of traction from this situation.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think this story is a just another sign of Iran's growing influence upon the world. As a country, they're growing all the time and they're emerging as a big player. This is the reason they've been branded part of the "Axis of evil". The status Quo( the west and her allies) don't wish for Iran to get an even keel in respect to Arms, energy and air superiority.

I don't see a problem with this project. It all seems above aboard and they have every right to sell their expertise to different countries around the world. If it benefits Africa, then that's a good thing.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by paul76]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by universe attracts wisdom

I agree that Bush was a puppet and I certainly agree that Obama is a puppet. Probably they are both puppets of the same group. Certainly both political parties put Obama into office at this time.

I thought the reason we are worried about Iran is that they want to destroy Israel and will soon have the nuclear weapons to do it. If they would just stand up for themselves that would be fine. It's the nuclear war part that makes me nervous.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I thought the reason we are worried about Iran is that they want to destroy Israel and will soon have the nuclear weapons to do it. If they would just stand up for themselves that would be fine. It's the nuclear war part that makes me nervous.

Who's worried about Iran wanting to destroy Israel? Do you have any proof that Iran will acquire Nuclear weapons weapons any time soon? Do you have any proof that Iran wishes to destroy Israel?

Many thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I agree that Bush was a puppet and I certainly agree that Obama is a puppet. Probably they are both puppets of the same group. Certainly both political parties put Obama into office at this time.

I'm delighted that some people in America now that.... Really I feel better already.

No thats propaganda. Not to be blunt and cut you so short. But you really need to STOP watching the T.V

Seriously do some research, look at history, look at the finacial and econmic situations of each country concerned. Look at the dynamics of the country, and don't be fooled by certain agendas.

Your were already fooled by the Iraq war with WMDS.
The U.S government want to trick the people into thinking Iran is the net W.M.Ds Iraq.

Iran never incited or said this statement of wanting to wipe out Israel, that was clearly debunked on ATS and worldwide if you have been aware of this. The Iranian leader has been at UN meetings. He has no wish to go to war with Israel and sees no point in fighing Israel. But he will defend his country if attacked.

It's about oil and the dollar thats why they want to anilate Iran.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by universe attracts wisdom

Iran never incited or said this statement of wanting to wipe out Israel, that was clearly debunked on ATS and worldwide if you have been aware of this. The Iranian leader has been at UN meetings. He has no wish to go to war with Israel and sees no point in fighing Israel. But he will defend his country if attacked.

It's about oil and the dollar thats why they want to anilate Iran.

I haven't been on ATS all that long. No, I didn't know that statement had been debunked. It always did seem a bit over the top to me! You may have noticed that our media in the US has turned into complete crap so there's no telling what's true and what isn't. I'm very relieved to hear it and not all that surprised. War, after all, is big business. I'm sure it is about oil and the dollar but there has been a strongly pro-Israel sentiment that amounts to huge money being sent yearly to Israel by the US government. I imagine that anytime the perceived threat to Israel can be heightened, they can expect more weapons and aid.

Every country has the right to defend his country if attacked. I'm not clear on whether or not Israel has atomic weapons that we the US probably gave to them. I've never been comfortable with this either as it seems manifestly unfair, but I believe that the official US policy is that Israel can be trusted while other countries in the middle east can't. Which brings us back to Kenya. I would really NOT TRUST Kenya to have nuclear weapons. There's no telling what they might do. I'm not suggesting that Iran is trying ot help Kenya develop nuclear weapons because they are helping them build a power plant. I just mean that like my government, I don't trust everybody to have the weapons just to keep things fair.

Do you think Iran is helping Kenya strictly on a business basis, because they need the money (like everybody else), and that I'm reading too much into this?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

This is about nuclear power not nuclear weapons, completely different things and the latter far harder to accomplish(iran doesnt have nuclear weapons as of yet either) and yes Israel has reportedly 200 to 300 *illegal* nukes.1/5th of all aid America sends out each year goes to Israel.And yes this is just business and a good way to make some money,countries give tech to other countries all the time for some extra cash.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Solomons]

top topics

join