It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's Game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
ok..... I finally figured out what Mr. Smarmy is up to ....

just now listening to his radio show.... he revealed Rupert Murdoch's memo to news folk from yesterday saying (not verbatim) that Rupe said:

"this economic crisis is going to call for the restructuring of NATIONS"....

2 seconds later Beck states : "folks we are headed for dark, dark times...."

and proceeds to list ways that we are NOT going to fix this.....

problem>>>> SOLUTION = NWO.

Beck = NWO stooge. Don't be fooled.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by sayiamu]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
First, Glenn's not smarmy. He's too doughy to be smarmy. Craig Kilbourne is smarmy. Cary Elwes is smarmy. Glenn's not smarmy.

Second, if taken completely at face value all by itself I might by your connection. To buy the connection I'd have to ignore the months Glenn spent railing against the NAFTA Super Highway, Amero, open borders crowd, the Patriot Act, etc....

The man might just be a walking contradiction and honestly believe that the only way to fight globalism and a United Nations style rule would be to unite all the nations in global governance but I'd like to believe he isnt that stupid.

Go back about 8 years and listen to every one of his shows. Then tell me he's an NWO stooge.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

I think you give Beck too much credit. If anything he's a member of ATS.
The conversation he's having is one that millions on the internet especially here on ATS. Remember we're still ahead of the curve here.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I remember seeing the show where he "woke up"

He said something like, I spent a weekend researching this stuff and I didn't want to believe it but it's true.
He was referring to the north american union, he floored me when he said that on national tv.

Been a fan ever since.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
wouldn't an anti-NWO guy see a restructuring of nations in the future as being "dark, dark times ahead"?

i mean, i'm not in the US and have no idea who he is except from mentions here but thats just simple logic.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Fully on board with your thoughts.
Would like to add that he has talked about NWO and wants to stop it.

OP - No flag for this thread. Too many of you trying to get big threads against Beck as you know the one's for him are HUGE..........

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Beck's job is to get ratings basically. All talking heads will say whatever they need to say to keep the numbers high and the advertising dollars rolling in.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I guess he fancies himself a bit of a prophet in his prediction: "folks we are headed for dark, dark times...."

How does he know they are going to be "dark" times? What does "dark" times even mean? Will pro football seasons be cancelled? Will there be a huge war? Will it be dark times everywhere on the planet? He's is projecting his fears about the economy and passing that off as news. Newsflash: Glenn Beck is worried about the future

Rupert Murdoch represents the "class", or maybe better "unclass", of folks who think they are above governments. They think they are responsible for us. Think about the Cremation of Care ceremony at Bohemian Grove. They think that because they are rich they can tell us what to do because they figure you have to be smart to be rich therefore the richer you are the smarter you are.

Refuse to let the media tell you how to think.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

nope...this guy is a "super patriot" who is gonna hold your hand and walk you through what, in the end, our only hope and solution will be...

not buying his act.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
its just fear mongering to get you scared and keep you tuned into fox news.

anything that comes out of fox news serves an agenda, but the agenda is what you should be searching after, not where becks loyalties lie.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Glenn Beck's only game is ratings.

He's good at raising them... He is capitalizing on the growing climate of fear and uncertainty related to the economic crisis.

What Glenn Beck is most concerned with at the end of every broadcast is did he over-dramatize things enough to cause people to tell someone or post it on the internet so that the next day more and more people "tune in"!!

Don't be fooled indeed!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sadly, no one has hit it on the head yet. I know Glenn, I worked for Glenn and I can tell you that he is neither smarmy nor a ratings whore. He is not a member of ATS and does not believe "fear mongering" accomplishes anything.

The reason that Glenn has the high ratings that he has is that he is true to himself. He hasn't changed his position on a matter to boost ratings. In fact, many times his "take" has hurt his ratings or cost him listeners/viewers. He tells it like he sees it and believes what he is saying. He is popular because he is one of the few people out there telling you the truth - and people know it!

So, you don't have to like Glenn, his politics, or his beliefs. But you should respect the man for being only 1 of a few willing to tell it like it is!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
He tells it like he sees it and believes what he is saying. He is popular because he is one of the few people out there telling you the truth - and people know it!

He's out there telling not the "truth" (which is really hard to know for anybody, you have to be a prophet to get anywhere near), but his highly opinionated view. In that regards, he's no different from ANY TV personality and despite what you are saying, he can't afford to not care about ratings either. IMHO he doesn't seem like a very smart person in either case.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It is just not that complicated.

Glen Beck works for the MSM.

He might get one show by them were he says something that they don’t want you to hear but that would be the last show and he would be going the way of William Cooper.

Every word that comes out of Glen Beck’s mouth is signed sealed and approved.

Yes he is a stooge but he is also you puppet master.

Why the move from CNN?

Well I think a look at CNN’s demographics would show a higher viewership of people that are too comfortable and already controlled to need coercing. They also have a larger non-American viewership and his message is being directed to us good old Bubbas.

Unfortunately more Bubbas watch FOX then CNN and it doesn’t make a difference because it is all part of the same game.

Glen Beck is herding the people that TPTB most fear. We have to be controlled, manipulated or killed.

You can believe that Glen Beck is one of you if you wish but don’t be surprised when he kisses on the cheek and collects his thirty pieces of silver.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am afraid I will have to disagree with what you are stating. I have watched a few of Glenn's videos posted by my fellow ATSer's (very much appreciated I might add) and found him to be honest, sincere and a breath of fresh air.

When he was talking with Ron Paul you could tell he was being very careful with his words as he obviously knows too many wrong words and he will be shut down.

Personally I applaud him; he reminds me of the Jones trying to get some truth out there; good for him and good luck Mr Beck.

Chalk up another one for the good guys.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

smarmy

adjective
unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech; "buttery praise"; "gave him a fulsome introduction"; "an oily sycophantic press agent"; "oleaginous hypocrisy"; "smarmy self-importance"; "the unctuous Uriah Heep"; "soapy compliments" [syn: buttery]

listen to every one of his shows for the last 8 years? ...uhhh no .... I wonder how many times he mentioned 911 and the "war on terror" ..and how there are "forces out there that hate us for our freedom" ... LOL

NWO stooge .... shame on you for falling for it.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
He's out there telling not the "truth" (which is really hard to know for anybody, you have to be a prophet to get anywhere near), but his highly opinionated view. In that regards, he's no different from ANY TV personality and despite what you are saying, he can't afford to not care about ratings either. IMHO he doesn't seem like a very smart person in either case.

Fine, "opiniated view"...
That is HIS truth! And, yes, it is VERY different from "other tv personalities" for a number of reasons. Finally, I KNOW THE MAN and can tell you that he does not do shows for ratings. Of course he "Cares" about the ratings, but he isn't going to sell-out his opinions or beliefs in order to increase his ratings. He would rather be dropped than to sell-out. Trust me, I know!

Finally, he is more intelligent and better read than most people I know and that is saying a great deal!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

funny ...when I see him on FOX .... first thing that comes to mind is TOTAL SELL OUT.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I only seen this once , but i swear to God I saw it. Once when Glenn was turning around to show a graph I saw some writing just about his butt. I froze the frame and enlarged the pic. Then I saw the truth "Rupert Murdok hand goes here" ........batteries not included

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Where was Beck on the economy 3 years ago...2 years ago...a year ago? A year ago he was fear-mongering the Iranian situation...it was the end of the world! US/Israeli military intervention was mandated!

Now he's riding the popular wave of economic Armageddon, and he'll be allowed to continue as long as his position serves his employer's agenda. Beck provides a steam-valve, a loophole...he's the Fox News challenge to Lew Dobbs...the politically oriented Olbermann/Maddow. Yes, ultimately it is about market share. Beck may be sincere in his political views, most of which I disagree with, but he is way behind the curve with his oversimplified economic commentary.

GL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join