It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Americans kill American troops?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I keep seeing threads asking if our troops will turn their guns on us and other threads showing evidence of troops training for domestic gun confiscations, martial law, etc. So, I pose this question: Will Americans kill American soldiers IF the aforementioned happens or the tales of doom and gloom come to fruition?

Note: I am not advocating violence in any way. I am simply raising a counter query.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by skoalman88]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by skoalman88

lol i'm not sure if I want to comment on this. Some things are better left unsaid on the internet. I will say if anyone ever tried to harm my family or me I wouldn't just sit around.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by skoalman88

I would not point my guns at American troops UNLESS it came down to them or me, come try to get my guns, take away my rights, and you get the ammo first period!

With that said I believe, hope and pray if it ever does get that bad that the troops would be on our side though and I think most will.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by glan]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I hate thinking negative but I think if hell broke loose it'd be your neighbors and your fellow citizens you'd have to defend against.

It's a huge moral struggle I'm coming to terms with. I view the sanctity of life as the biggest law of life. But would I sit there and let a fellow citizen raid my home and my supplies? I'd warn and it would be a heartfelt warning as I don't want to take a life.. but in the end I would do it to ensure mine and my familes survival.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by glan

Exactly, glan. I seriously doubt that our troops would not be on our side. Based on many conversations with many active and former military members, I realized they support freedom. Granted, orders could be followed, but when it comes down to shooting a family in their home, I don't see it happening.

If it does come down to the above, I can see the military joining the people. That said, however, the powers that be are stocking the military with foreigners, people with no affiliation to our country, a state, a city or a town, or even a neighborhood. That frightens me.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I like how people keep asking what would happen if U.S. troops opened fire on U.S. citizens, it makes me laugh sometime at how easy it is to forget that this has already happened more than once. Does anyone remember Kent State Ohio?How about Hurricane Katrina and the clusterf*** that became?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My answer... If they come to my house to infringe on my freedoms...YES. If they come to try and take my guns away...YES. Any body (and I don't care what title they hold) who spits on the graves of the Founding Fathers and who spits on the Constitution is an ENEMY. Plane and simple. For the record I am a U.S. Marine.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
they had better watch out trying to police us.

it wont be pretty if they go and shoot a civilian. there will be 200 in his place mad as hell.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by skoalman88
reply to post by glan

If it does come down to the above, I can see the military joining the people. That said, however, the powers that be are stocking the military with foreigners, people with no affiliation to our country, a state, a city or a town, or even a neighborhood. That frightens me.

I'm not trying to sound like an internet tough guy or anything but if thats the plan I'm not too worried. We have some of the best trained and equipped soldiers in the world. Add some heavily armed civilians into the mix and i'm convinced there is no one who could take over. That being said I don't think the military will be on our side

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Let me just posit this... I have no desire to turn my guns on any human being, regardless of where they are from. However, if someone, anyone, comes and tries to harm me or my family or if anyone should come with the goal of curtailing my inalienable rights, I will surrender my ammo one round at a time!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I dont want to kill anyone. But..here's an untimley question..IF someone yuo dont know, regardless of them being a civilain or soldier, is pointing thier gun at you, with finger on the trigger, ready to squeze at any given second..what would you do? Fall or survive. Ide wanan survive. If it appeared without doubtfull question, troops were confiscating my and freinds weapons, setting up neighborhood or city permiters without informiing us whats going on, somethings DEF up, and i dont wanna get suckered or stuck in that predicament. Just becuase their troops and not civilians is not really that much different. Suppose wall street collapses right now, peoeple in major citys go on a looting binge, which seems to be what they do in every event...your thier too, stuck in it. For wahtever reason, a civilian pulls a gun or knife on you...i would hope survival comes to mind. Personaly, ide get out of his way, but if yuor made to deal with it, im going to defend myself, and worst case scenario, im dying, im gunna try n take the guilty one with me then.
Just cause thier soldiers, dosnt excuse them form beeing any different from civilian. Hell, i saw a documentary after Katrina...the local police were filling caridges of merchandise from a wal mart, along with the civilians. The cops knew it was outta thier hand anyways. In a positive way, at least it was a communtiy effort lol. Cops and civilians, looting hand i hand

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Only if its a unfair fire fight. and I know the guy they are shooting at.
but dont fight fair if you got too.... these boys are well trained and well armed... and poor home owner is just a target to these boys...
when my son graduated from Army bootcamp... I noticed the boot recruits were chanting ... uha I got shoot somebody .... aru .... I want to kill someone ... so they are training murderers these days.... so be careful and plan ahead for such an engagement.

and you will need a few of these .... abovetopsecret search "ASER"

new topics

top topics

join