It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director Warns of Terror Attacks on U.S. Cities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

FBI Director Warns of Terror Attacks on U.S. Cities

www.washingtonpost.com

FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III today warned that extremists "with large agendas and little money can use rudimentary weapons" to sow terror, raising the specter that recent attacks in Mumbai that killed 170 people last year could embolden terrorists seeking to attack U.S. cities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
So, does this mean a false flag will be happening soon? The FBI director saying we "will" be getting terror attacks, that are not the big events, but more like Mumbai events?

One particular concern, the FBI director said, springs from the country's background as a "nation of immigrants." Federal officials worry about pockets of possible radicals among melting-pot communities in the United States such as Seattle, San Diego, Miami or New York.

A Joint Terrorism Task Force led by the FBI, for instance, continues to investigate a group in Minneapolis after one young man last fall flew to Somalia and became what authorities believe to be the first U.S. citizen to carry out a suicide bombing. As many as a half-dozen other youths from that community in Minnesota have vanished, alarming their parents and raising concerns among law enforcement officials that a dangerous recruiting network has operated under the radar.

The prospect of young men, indoctrinated and radicalized in their own communities . . . is a perversion of the immigrant story," Mueller said.

What this is implying is that U.S. citizens may be behind our new terror attacks.

So then, will that be the reason to treat all of us as "terror suspects"? Will then more "patriot acts" be introduced that strips us of even more rights?

So, now I guess we can expect something soon, now that he has come out and let us "know" to expect a "home grown" terrorist act. In other words, he is telling us, we are not safe from our own citizens and immigrants.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I actually think the next false-flag attack will be a big one.

It was the "rumour" news reports of "terrorists" obtaining nuclear or biological weaponry that scared me the most.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I've heard this many times, i believe its mainly to keep people constantly on their toes.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If something like Mumbai happened in Texas, the terrorists would be dead in about 30 seconds.
So this guy speaks through his rear end as usual.
Obviously they have something on the table they plan on doing.
Or they are just trying to scare people more, into giving up more of there freedom for safety.
This could be less of a false flag attack, and just more of a fear tactic to push more freedom removal.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

So, welcome to the real world. Home-grown terrorism has been around for decades, so why should the US be any different?

A terrorist could literally be anyone who has an agenda that is different from the norm. They are not a different species, colour, race or gender than anyone else. They could be your neighbour or even a member of your family. They dont go around with big tatoos on their head saying 'I am a Terrorist'.

I am sorry if I sound blase, but here in the UK and Europe we have lived with terrorism a darned sight longer than you have in the US.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Not to worry.

We have Auntie Janet as head of HLS, she'll whip them into shape very soon.
She has to get a life first, then watch out bad guys!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Oh, I don't believe it is just "talk", I believe something must be in the works. At least they aren't constantly using that colored flag bits anymore, that takes us from orange to yellow to red, bit, like they used to.

Interesting how he mentioned cities too, so shall we all take a bet where the "home grown terrorist attack" will happen? I would say Miami, would be a real good bet. Due to all the immigrants there, so it could be blamed on them, and that would start a "distrust" of the American people of all immigrants. Those will probably be the next people we are suppose to fear.

Who have they trained and in what matter and in what way?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So, if they expect some sort of gun attack like Mumbai, can we please cut the crap with gun laws and let us carry so we can mow these #ers down?

What a novel idea.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Why would they advertise another false flag attack?

It would seem to instill LESS faith in the government if they told people it was coming and then it happened.

Better to do what Cheney and Armitage did on 9/11 if they really want to pull it off.

No when the next false flag hits there won't be any warning, and it'll probably be pinned on another group deemed "undesirable" by the string-pullers.

This source is probably from a legitimate uptick in counterterror surveillance that they're using to keep people scared. Can't say I'm surprised.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
OH No...they have obviously been using those mind reading weapons...because I had the intention of coming over and blowing up the illuminati and Bush and the banks. I can see th headlines now..."little old lady solves all our problems" Amazing what you can do with some flour and bleach etc.

On a more serious note..I think Portland or Seattle is in their sights.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
All you Bush haters forgot something very important in your rage. Bush kept us safe for 7 years. This wasn't dumb luck and Obama will drop the fragile guard and something bad will happen. It won't surprise me when you try to blame Bush again, but the President will be Obama.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
On a more serious note..I think Portland or Seattle is in their sights.

No way...Crowded shopping mall in the Midwest during heavy traffic. You frag a mall full of kids in Omaha, blame it on whoever you want, and the entire country will be screaming for the blood of whatever villain you give them.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by xxxJClarkxxx]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm no Obama supporter. But you need to stop listening to what you hear on the news and go read government reports. We're not safer today, and just because nothing happened for 7 years doesn't mean that Bush had much to do with it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErnestT
All you Bush haters forgot something very important in your rage. Bush kept us safe for 7 years. This wasn't dumb luck and Obama will drop the fragile guard and something bad will happen. It won't surprise me when you try to blame Bush again, but the President will be Obama.

To be completely honest ..it doesnt matter who is in the presidents chair..it will still happen because the figurehead doesnt have a clue what is going on behind closed doors.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Weee yet another homegrown terror alert when all these American citizens are getting ready to protest en mass. But of course it has nothing to do with them being fed up with the current crisis. NO it has to do with those citizens being terrorist's.

Under the current sets of laws in place those people who are going to hit the streets in protest over the crisis are terrorist's. Geeze guys ready the bills when they come out and pay attention to "who" is "labeled" as "what".

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErnestT
So you're giving Bush credit for keeping us safe for seven years? Did I read that correctly? If I did, then GWB gets full credit for the 9/11 attacks, deal?

Listen, if terrorists are hell bent on killing us, there is nothing we can do to stop them. Well, short of demanding everyone walk around naked that is, even then, we couldn't completely stop them.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well, this reminds me of the thread about the Russian ship firing on the one from China, with a rumored nuke onboard. Seattle was mentioned there too.
Whatever does go down will not be any homegrown terrorist attack, I feel. Rather a carefully planned out cartel/renegade one just like they all are. If they call marital law, I'm very worried we'll have foreign militia, such as the Chinese involved. Here in Canada, while we only had roughly 32 million the government decided to bring in millions more, many from China, to bring it up to 40. I feel we have a secret army prepped up here already just waiting for the word, go. That may be why it was reported Hillary had said for them not to worry about human rights, while she was visiting in China.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

I am sorry if I sound blase, but here in the UK and Europe we have lived with terrorism a darned sight longer than you have in the US.

It's very possible that the lion's share of terrorism in Europe over the last 50 years is due to "cells" planted by NATO and western governments. Something has not been quite right for at least 50 years......

www.youtube.com...

(Operation Gladio)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well according to my map of pins I have on my wall , the next attack is either in Miami or in Nebraska around the Hastings area. I find it intresting that a couple of you nailed these locations as well . I love this site

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join