It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Begs President to Keep His Job

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Oh, goody.

By RUSH LIMBAUGH

Dear President Obama:

I have a straightforward question, which I hope you will answer in a straightforward way: Is it your intention to censor talk radio through a variety of contrivances, such as "local content," "diversity of ownership," and "public interest" rules -- all of which are designed to appeal to populist sentiments but, as you know, are the death knell of talk radio and the AM band?

All "populist sentiments" aside, I really hope this turns out for Rush and he keeps his job against the grain of "public interest" and "local content." OxyContin doesn't grow on trees you know?

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Screed]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
"populist sentiments"

In a DEMOCRACY!

Just imagine.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This is breaking news you yahoos! What say you?

The default head of the GOP just sent an open letter to the President begging for relevance?

Oh, you need this to understand:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screed
Is it your intention to censor talk radio through a variety of contrivances, such as "local content," "diversity of ownership," and "public interest" rules --

Straight out of Atlas Shrugged. Seriously. The 'Fairness Doctrine' is something that Ayn Rand predicted in her fictional novel from 50 years ago. Everyone should read it.

I can't stand Rush but he has a right to be on the air.

[edit on 2/24/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but I heard the Rothschilds actually commisioned Atlas Shrugged... Are we seeing the agenda being played out right in front of us...?
Ultimately, this crap will only work against TPTB, turning any banned host into the forbidden fruit.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by HiAliens]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Yea Obama, let Limbaugh keep spewing his hate speech! Sure he hopes you fail as a president, and so he also feels that the country should fail. But hey Obama, let him keep his job!

I heard him and Ann Coulter are planning on spawning an offspring together. While not being able to be called a "Love Child" as neither Rush or Ann are capable of such a liberal emotion, the child will however be the culmination of conservative family values.

Possible names? George W Regan, Newt Bush, Damien Thorn.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Dear Rush,

You are just pouting because the President hasn't mentioned your name again.
You're trying to maintain the image among those of your political persuasion that you are somehow relevant to this country.

Local content, diversity of ownership, and public interest are all Good Things for the consumer. Not that you'd care about that. But they're not censorship. Look it up. Censorship is the practice of scrutiny in order to delete or oppress objectionable material. NewsFlash, Rush. The FCC already does that. And while a large part of America finds you and your message extremely objectionable in every way, we can't legally do anything about it without infringing on your free speech rights, which we support.

If you find that you just can't compete with the local stories, like the Las Cruses Chili Festival Cook-Off, and what interests the public in these areas, like stories on wolf extinction, then you're not even as relevant as your critics think you are.

Go back to your cave, Rush. Spew your ignorance into the airwaves. No one is going to interfere with your racist, bigoted, filth that you call a radio show.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Didn't Obama make it clear that he was not going to reinstate the fairness doctrine? Is Rush running out of material to lie about?

Nah. I find it impossible to believe that anyone can have trouble coming up with something to talk about when facts are not a big concern.

*Edit:

If Obama wasn't the "bigger man", with more important things to do, I really wish he'd take 5 minutes out of every day to remind the public that Rush Limbaugh is a drug-using, racist hypocrite.

Even Howard Stern gets in cheap shots on Limbaugh - that's low.

[edit on 2/24/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan I can't stand Rush but he has a right to be on the air.

FF, Lord only knows we don't agree on much, but my understanding of US law is that he is entitled to be on the air.

Unless he is individually sued by each and every person he maligns...and I'll be he has a host of lawyers to advise him where that line is...he has constitutional protection. Mind you, under UK law, I believe they'd hang him and leave the remains for the crows. Lucky him

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
If Obama wasn't the "bigger man", with more important things to do, I really wish he'd take 5 minutes out of every day to remind the public that Rush Limbaugh is a drug-using, racist hypocrite.

I wish he'd take 5 minutes out of his day to respond honestly to this, because it's something a large portion of America is concerned about.

If he is really still against the "fairness" doctrine being reinstated, he can come and say so instead of constantly taking personal shots at private citizens like Rush and Hannity.

Of course, maybe he's busy doing all those "more important" things like hosting PR stunt "fiscal responsibility" meetings immediately after signing the biggest spending bill in history.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Maybe I should move to the UK...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Administration says again: Obama opposes bringing back the 'fairness doctrine'

The statement is the first definitive stance the administration has taken since an aide told an industry publication last summer that Obama opposes the doctrine -- a long-abolished policy that would require broadcasters to provide opposing viewpoints on controversial issues.

"As the president stated during the campaign, he does not believe the fairness doctrine should be reinstated," White House spokesman Ben LaBolt told FOXNews.com.

I'm actually kind of disappointed... but then again, I doubt it would stop people from being partisan idiots, but instead, they would just have to have OTHER partisan idiots on the show.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Great.

Unfortunately depending on who Obama appoints to FCC, it doesn't matter.

Reinstating the fairness doctrine is a decision they don't need Obama for. In fact, he has nothing to do with it.

So the fact that a lot of other leading Democrats are calling for the return of this thing is indeed cause for concern.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have absolutely no respect for the guy. I have never listened to his show other than a few clips and those clips alone make me hate him. If this guy is about to lose his job by some action by Obama, direct or indirect, then I think he gets brownie points. =)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
If he is really still against the "fairness" doctrine being reinstated, he can come and say so

How many times do you need to hear it?

FOX Nuse

"As the president stated during the campaign, he does not believe the Fairness Doctrine should be reinstated," White House spokesman Ben LaBolt told FOXNews.com.

Sorry, I see Mick already got to it.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

As I've said, that's all good, but he needs to be a little more specific about how opposed he is to it.

Especially since it isn't up to him whether or not it makes a comeback. The decision to reinstate the fairness doctrine can be made completely without he President.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

If it isn't up to him, then why should it matter how he feels about it? If it's going to happen (or not going to happen) then why does his position even matter?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Didn't Obama make it clear that he was not going to reinstate the fairness doctrine? Is Rush running out of material to lie about?

The answer is yes to both of those questions.

Rush limbaugh has single-handedly defeated the conservative party with his hate speech.

First off - the fairness doctrine (while i dont really care either way) only says that you, as a broadcaster, should have to devote time to both sides of the aisle. Not even equal time (so as to not confuse this doctrine with the "equal time" act)

Just provide a constrasting view.

For a long while, FOX news was able to do this with Hannity and Colmbs. (spelling?)

While i never watched it - (i can't stomach fox news) - atleast they were presenting two sides of the argument (though many would argue that the one democrat in the crowd kept getting over shadowed)

Either way, Limbaugh is a blow-hard who continues to say whatever it takes to gain attention and money.

The top 5 greatest quotes from the EIB Man himself

and my personal favorites:

On Black People:

"Why should Blacks be heard? They're 12% of the population.
Who the hell cares." -Rush Limbaugh

‘take that bone out of your nose and call me back.’
Rush Limbaugh
Source:Notable Quotables, mrc.org
Source

So in summary, Rush Limbaughs job is to gain attention and get his name mentioned.

Period.

The Fairness doctrine would only help perpetuate such a noble goal.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ayn Rand was a lousy writer and a poorer thinker I am surprised that anyone takes her seriously....

.... but then again I am surprised anyone takes mush loosebowels seriously either.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Off of your link, this quote got me laughing so hard:

R says:

How do you choose from an absolutely overwhelmingly huge set of options?

You could staple transcripts to a giant wall somewhere and throw five darts, and every time, you’ll get five perfectly wonderful possibilities for dumbest things ever said…

What a great comment...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join