It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasacarl's ColaChicken and Chips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Heyas ,

I have 2 great recipes , not really that complicated and i know the chips are well known to everyone , but i thought i would let everyone know anyway.

1) Coca-Cola chicken.

Mehtod : Heat Pot with oil and place chicken in gently. Add 1-2Cups of SoySauce. Once that's done add 3-4 cups of Cola. Let this simmer for about 2-4 hours and let the cola reduce down to a thick syrup. The chicken will be nice and sweet and very tender , falling off the bone. Yum yum

2) Chips with oil , very basic , put oil in pot . Put chips in pot , done.
Best oil to use is Peanut oil or vegetable oil. Very nice.

Happy eating .

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nasacarl

May be a stupid question but I am a wreck in the kitchen..

I'm a Diabetic... Does this work with Diet Soda?

It sounds really good

[edit on 2/21/2009 by darkangel831]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I used to make fillets with tomato sauce. I would mix the tomato sauce wit soya sauce and smack it on the chicken and then simmer it.. It was beautiful. oh woops also use my garlic and ginger lotion so it tastes actually good.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
About the only thing I have ever made good like that, was to simmer Pork Chops in the Spagetti Sauce for a couple of hours..

Then pour the whole thing out on the pasta..

The chops just fall apart and gave the sauce a nice flavor

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The meat goes red and tender. It looks so neat especially complimented with some vegetables and rice.

Anyways yeah i'm still living at home and my mum gets me to cook on the sunday afternoon. I always end up using the ginger and garlic mixture at the start of each cooking recipe. Even when i'm cooking broccoli I add this mixture at the start and then add a bit of water with soya sauce. I grew up eating brocolli this way and its my favourite vegetable by far.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

I like Broccoli if it is cooked... Not a fan of it raw..

What amounts do you use in your Garlic/Ginger mix.. (Unless it is secret..
)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
my mum keeps a little container filled with a paste mixture of half ginger and half garlic. Haha i've been learning to cook since i'm moving out next year. I really don't want to eat trash when I do.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Fast Food does get old... Real quick

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
yeah I really don't eat fast food anymore unless I'm out during the night on weekends.
i'll definitely miss a good home cooked meal when i do move out.

lol that chips meal is funny.. Try making your own chips. Cut potatoes into chips form and put into a bowl. pour boiling water and leave for 15 min I think .. then pour the water out and fry.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Why the water?

Can't you just put the cut potatoes in hot grease?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkangel831
reply to post by nasacarl

May be a stupid question but I am a wreck in the kitchen..

I'm a Diabetic... Does this work with Diet Soda?

It sounds really good

[edit on 2/21/2009 by darkangel831]

Hmm , im not sure. I have never tried with diet soda. Im guessing you would get the same effects but its the sugar in the cola that makes this dish nice and sweet. Could work tho.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Yeah cutting your own chips from potatoes then frying them is the way to go.

With the cola-chicken some people prefer tomato sauce instead of soysauce , but i much prefer the soy.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Mmmm nasacarl's coke chicken is really great... try it!

Is this a little too funky for most people ? If you've tried it tell me , i only have it on occasions , its not something i would eat very oftern

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I've heard of using cola as a marinade for steak before, never for chicken, interesting indeed

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Food & Cooking!!! Holy Crap - I didn't even know we had a forum for this! We should make it a collective goal to get receipes that can bake in the oven while we can sit here on ATS. Serioulsy, my family has been suffering lol I enjoy cooking and am good at it (me & husband op) but as of late, I have a much greater interest Hmmm...wonder what that could be. Now we've been eating fast food and Hamburger Helper LOL

Not trying to derail thread or start new topic as I've already voiced my opinion in the idiots thread who said Autism is the result of 'whatever stupid opinion they gave.' Did I say idiot? oopsies! They just upset me cuz I have an autistic daughter. Anyway, my point is I think Spam and Hamburger Helper and the rise of processed foods COULD be a reason for the alarming rate of autism all over the globe.

Thanks for this receipe friend! And yes, lets get quick and easy receipes going or crock pot dinners and baking dinners so we can enjoy more ATS time. LOL

Take care friends! omg - I sound like Nancy Grace ::screams and scampers off::

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I sound like Nancy Grace ::screams and scampers off::

Hahaha, god that made me laugh. Thanks for making my day

Yeah BTS has all kinds of chilled topics, to cool down after reading all those conspiracy posts. Good day - nasacarl

top topics

join