It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military’s killer robots must learn warrior code

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
reply to post by Darky6K

Good topic for a thread, Darky, Flag & Stars!

But the Nuns at my old grade school might wanna wash your mouth out with soap for that opening word!

Thanks, but I guess it pisses me off. How else can I express my anger?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Oh come on.

Why on earth would the military opt for AI in their drones even if that form of AI existed?
What benefit would it serve them?

Instead of simply giving a kill order...
...they'd have to give a kill order, explanation, a morale boosting speech, and a benefits package before sending them into the field.

I think the military would be quite happy with mindless drones rather than AI.

The only reason a fighting machine would ever turn on the wrong people is because it's target system was screwed up.
It wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. Sensor systems screw up (regardless of type), data gets corrupted, it's why fail-safes, e-stops or remote stops are mandatory on all machines.

There always has to be a way to shut it down in case of error, that's a fundamental rule I don't think any of my colleagues are willing to break.

Essentially, you won't find a real AI on any military fighting machines... I don't think you ever will.
The military enjoys having command and control over it's units, without having to explain everything to them.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ok, That's it!

First thing in the morning we raid Cyberdyne Systems!

<< 1   >>

join