It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amaterasu: An Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok, ok. I know. I have been here quite a while and should long ago completed an introduction... But as I recall (and I could be wrong), I just jumped in with both feet, leaving the introductions to others.

The reason I choose now to introduce myself is because now I have a mission. That mission is to bring ideas and concepts that might get us out of all this hell that has sprung up since I was a kid.

To that end, I wrote a short book. In my book, I start out from the perspective of where we might get ourselves to, and then introduce, via a diary, the ways in which we might get there from here.

I welcome all readers of my book - it is FREE here:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add comments in the thread I started for comments here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Granted there are elements in my story that some might take as being not of truth, but they can be disregarded and still the solutions I suggest would work. It IS a story, and not a dry analysis or aglomeration of facts. Its purpose is to entertain, developing a picture of what it might look like if we chose to take control, as well as give a road map to that place.

As for who I am... I am a collector of data, preferrably esoteric. I correlate and contemplate that which I encounter, assigning probabilities that any given datum or set of data is true, based on what I see happening around me.

The more something explains what I see, the higher probability I give it.

I am a struggling graphic designer/artist with skills in editing, video production, animation and... Writing. At this point I could use a job, but would rather give my book to the world in the hopes that employment becomes moot.

So now I have officially introduced myself to ATS. [smile]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
As an admirer of your posts, let me be the first to welcome you to your welcome!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
As an admirer of your posts, let me be the first to welcome you to your welcome!

[smile] Thanks! Now read the book! [wink]

All kidding aside, thanks!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Welcome. I had thought of making a belated introduction for myself but thought it would be shameless narcisism... I may just do so now !

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Nice to meet you amaterasu.

You re a beautiful and kind young lady.

Big Hugs!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Welcome. I had thought of making a belated introduction for myself but thought it would be shameless narcisism... I may just do so now !

I debated it with m'self, in fact... But then concluded that what I have written justified this. [grin]

By all means! Introduce yourself!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Nice to meet you amaterasu.

You re a beautiful and kind young lady.

Big Hugs!

Hey, dog!

Thank you so much! Hugs right back atcha!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Welcome. I had thought of making a belated introduction for myself but thought it would be shameless narcisism

I may just do so now !

To the OP:

You are already on my friend list, so no intro needed...

Good luck with your book Am...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I'm so glad that Springer let you post in media.I feel very lucky that I had the chance to read it so early.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29
To the OP:

You are already on my friend list, so no intro needed...

Good luck with your book Am...

Thanks! I figured there were a lot of newcomers that might be interested, and it's all in a good cause.

You're on my friend list too!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

I'm so glad that Springer let you post in media.I feel very lucky that I had the chance to read it so early.

Well, I guess I didn't need permission... But when I first ventured to Springer with it, the media site wasn't yet up, and then I failed to think of putting on the media site and had to be coaxed by mods! LOL!

Would love to hear your thoughts on my discussion thread...

Glad you were one of the first!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hey Amaterasu, didn't you post an 'introduction' podcast about three years ago now?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Hi AE,

Welcome to ATS! Have we met?
lol

Hey, I gotta say, the book is fantastic! I started reading it on Monday and I highly recommend that everyone else does too. It just goes to show how incredibly talented ATS members are.

Oh... in regards to my latest u2u, here's Amaterasu from the game Okami that I was telling you about. The wolf is possessed by the spirit of Amaterasu. How cool eh!

IRM

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
Hey Amaterasu, didn't you post an 'introduction' podcast about three years ago now?

No podcasts from me. I wouldn't know how to get one going! LOL!

I may have linked to a pod I have posted elsewhere... But I doubt it. I only have a couple of pods that would interest family only.

Thanks for your response!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Hi AE,

Welcome to ATS! Have we met?
lol

[grin]

Hey, I gotta say, the book is fantastic! I started reading it on Monday and I highly recommend that everyone else does too. It just goes to show how incredibly talented ATS members are.

[blush!]

Oh... in regards to my latest u2u, here's Amaterasu from the game Okami that I was telling you about. The wolf is possessed by the spirit of Amaterasu. How cool eh!

Truly lovely! I am a fan of all things Japanese, so I appreciate the image! Thanks!

top topics

join