It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OKC officer pulls man over for anti-Obama sign on vehicle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

OKC officer pulls man over for anti-Obama sign on vehicle

Full Article

An Oklahoma City police officer wrongly pulled over a man last week and confiscated an anti-President Barack Obama sign the man had on his vehicle.

The officer misinterpreted the sign as threatening, said Capt. Steve McCool, of the Oklahoma City Police Department, and took the sign, which read "Abort Obama, not the unborn."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-2-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ridiculous!

I don't seem to recall anybody being pulled over for their "Kill Bush" bumper stickers.

Here is another interesting snippet from the story...

But his run-in with the law wasn't over yet.

''The Secret Service called and said they were at my house," Harrison said.

After talking to his attorney, Harrison went home where he met the Secret Service.

''When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren't going to ransack my house or anything ... they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn't a part of any hate groups."

There you go ladies and gentlemen!

Hold on to your first amendment rights.

www.newsok.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-2-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sounds like a cop let his personal beliefs interfere with his job.

Gotta love cops.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Sounds like a cop let his big fat ego get in the way of his job, like most of them do

Gotta love cops.

I just amended this quote for you

This is daft man. A sticker,is threatening? HA!

Welcome to hell,world,welcome to hell. (was gonna put USA, but it's world wide, this BS)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
No.... this is what America is coming to since the election.
from Texas to Maine..
We are not allowed to show dislike or unapprovals of obama.

police arrest threaten ect....until what you was doing stop's.

I don't know if it's because police- fear black's in America will riot on us for unaproval of obama.
Or there's more to it..
Like a secret law to speak ill of obama = arrest.

Not the America i grew up in i know that much.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

How stupid.

A sticker on a car. And, then the Secret Service shows up at the guy's house?

How stupid..... :shk:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Sorry to tell you this but this didn't started with Obama administration this is a legacy of administrations before him.

While I don't see anything wrong with showing a sign against Obama, I don't see it should be a surprise here since the signing of the Patriot act by the moron congress we have things like intimidation of civilians has been happening all the time.

We are just getting used to it.

The ones that are in favor of Obama will applaud the over reaction of the Police just like it happen when it was Bush one targeted.

Got to love what our nation has become.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

if the patriot act is so bad..why has not obama.. tried to get rid of it?
exactly he love's it.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
TheAmused, The idiot act I mean the patriot act is renew every year by congress, let see if Obama put an end to it.

Because obviously congress is very happy with it.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What an outrage. The police officer who stopped this gentleman needs to lose his badge. I will personally get involved in this one. It is not a street cop's job to enforce political statements no matter how much they disagree with them. The First Amendment has been violated in this case, so where is the A.C.L.U? Oh, they're Obama fans too, so you won't be seeing them do anything. I have powerful friends here in Oklahoma City, including lawyers, who will be happy to take this case for free. I will try to contact the victim and see if he requires assistance.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by TheAvenger]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What a waste of taxpayers money.

I guess the doughnut shop must have been closed for the day.

I expect this type of behavior to be a recurring theme.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
No only the "dougnut" shop my friend but the coffee shop, this police officer was running on empty and with a very bad temper at the moment.

do they do idots test before people joining the police now a days?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

Love your Avatar! I think I'll make a sign saying the same thing and put in my yard.
Might give me a chance to get some target practice!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I seem to have a penchant for picking losers lately...

2000, I voted for George W. Bush.

2004 ,I refused to vote for President.

2008, I voted for Obama.

I voted for him because I heard too much out of McCain that sounded like more of the same. I also had hope that this young lawyer from Shi... Chicago was not realluy as liberal as he had appeared, that he was more of a thoughtful realist who had simply been paying his 'dues' to the party in control in his area to further his true beliefs.

Now I hear of 'no lobbyists' in his administration, apparently except for the ones he wants, I have heard nothing about the Un-Patriot Act being decried by his administration,and even though I agree with his present stance on the Iraqi/Afghani Wars, it is somewhat of a fudge on what he originally promised in the campaign.

But more troubling is the reaction of any attempt to disagree with him. This is only one example. I can't wait until the histroy books come out on Mr. Obama. I can alll but guarantee that he will be the only President listed that has no mention of his middle name. I recently started a thread about the similarities between FDR in 1933 and Obama in 2009. In that initial post, in order to keep the equilibrium between the two men being compared, I used "Franklin Delano Roosevelt" and "Barack Hussein Obama". I was lambasted as an 'Obama-hater', although I still see nothing in that post that denigrates Obama in the least.

I was recently contacted by phone for participation in a national poll. That doesn't happen often, so I was excited about it, until I heard the direction the questions were going. It started out innocently enough: "what is your impression of Obama/Peloski/Shelby/McCain/whoever". But then the questions turned to my views on how the election of Obama would affect racism. What? Can I not vote for someone without regard to skin color? Is there some physical law I am unfamiliar with that states that nothing a man does ir stands for is as important as the color of his skin?

I am moving away from support for Obama. I may have indeed made a mistake. If so, then I publicly apologize for my naivety and poor judgment. There should never be a leader who is beyond reproach or above criticism.

And it's not only this one cop that is the problem; if the Secret Service was notified, then it is the whole blasted Police Department that should be tried for treason. Isn't that offense still punishable by firing squad?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
TheAmused, The idiot act I mean the patriot act is renew every year by congress, let see if Obama put an end to it.

Because obviously congress is very happy with it.

Why would he put an end to it??? Obama voted YES on March 1, 2006 for re-authorizing the Patriot Act.

Reality: Obama Has Consistently Said He Would Support A Patriot Act That Would Strengthen Civil Liberties Without Sacrificing The Tools That Law Enforcement Needs To Keep Us Safe

Obama Said That the Senate Compromise on the PATRIOT Act Was "Far From Perfect" But Modestly Improved the Original Law By Strengthening Civil Liberties Without Sacrificing the Tools That Law Enforcement Needs to Keep Us Safe.

factcheck.barackobama.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Good find, nyk537.

At least I can post here while we have at least partial freedom of speech

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Typical ignorant thug cops....sick freaks. I would SUE the cop for all he has or ever will; I would take his home and car and savings and do my best to drag him into a Federal court for violating my civil rights.

Nazi thugs...it enrages the sound mind to imagine some bald headed, high school grad cop arresting someone and taking their property because he is too stupid to see that it is free speech. That cop should be fired, sued and charged federally.

I would tell those secret service scum to GO GET A WARRANT, MORON!! NO WAY would I allow them to walk thru my home just to see if I am not ' politically correct' enough for them. To hell with them!!

People better start growing some cojones and using them or we will find ourselves in some secret prison, just like all the other innocents we have managed to brutalize and ruin because of the criminal Bush cabal.

Maybe if this cop were publically humiliated...the towns people should demonstrate outside the cop station, AND the cops HOME, to show that we will NOT tolerate this outrageous assault on our freedoms.

I KNOW cops are pretty dumb...and they are always looking for a way to violate our rights...but this cop is so stupid, or evil, that he deserves a thrashing and banishment from carrying a badge or gun ever again.

Hmmm, there might be a way to charge him crimnally as well; denying someone of their civil rights while carrying a gun is a 10 year minimum!! Maybe if a few cops started doing hart time for abusing us, they might use what minor smidgen of brain they have to think before they act.

Ruin the thug cop...he deserves it.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So there you have it, SOS37, he will be very happy with the idiots act after all.

But remember now he is the president, so we still can hope a littler bit.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
forget the cops man
that's nothing

the Secret Service went to his house??????????

Because of a sign???

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm not so sure the cop made a mistake. "Abort Obama" could be taken as a direct threat to the President. To abort is to stop, the sticker is essentially saying "Stop Obama, not the unborn". It is known that some pro-lifers can be wackos (blowing up clinics, etc) so I think the cop and the secret service made the right decision here.

What did the guy mean with "Stop Obama, not the unborn"? Is he simply suggesting we not vote for him four years from now, or is he suggesting someone assasinate him to save the unborn children? I think in this case the police and the secret service did no wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join