It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor Virg Bernero Tears Fox Anchor a New One.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just wanted to post this because I just found it today,
and frankly it's pretty hilarious.
Lansing, MI Mayor Goes Off

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You go, Mayor Bernero! (Applause...)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That's what i'm saying! I think he put it quite succinctly, man that is one mayor with big brass ones just laying it all out there....Makes me proud to be a product of da glove!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That is the very definition of being owned.

I have to say you did this clip a disservice by not explaining it more clearly; this man speaks out for the public and the double standard applied by gov't, which will always favor Wall Street over the working man.

He speaks eloquently and with conviction about the destruction wreaked by gov't in collusion with business to ship jobs overseas and destroy the middle and working class by shipping jobs overseas.

A must-see.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by gottago]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Perhaps I have done it a disservice...I just thought that the video really speaks for itself though.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
We need to turn this guy loose in the Capitol Building with order of "sic 'em boy".

Too bad they would have him put down. America needs fighters like this in government. One of very few that understands his job is to represent the people and not himself.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

For certain Ahab!!! It's sad that there aren't more people like him working within the confines of the federal government.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
God bless him. It's real out here and they don't get it. People are mad as heck. Look at those folks in Cali. No state refund. Friggin' IOU? You know how many were counting on that to pay some bills? You think the gas company is gonna take my IOU?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Unless this was all staged.

Is it to far beyond the imagination to understand that working man might need crafted moments like these so they dont do somthing themselves?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I highly doubt that it was staged....this is probably the LAST thing that Faux News wanted to be broadcasted live over the airwaves to who knows how many people....some of them likely working men and women themselves, sitting home after being layed off or fired.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
That is the very definition of being owned.

I have to say you did this clip a disservice by not explaining it more clearly; this man speaks out for the public and the double standard applied by gov't, which will always favor Wall Street over the working man.

He speaks eloquently and with conviction about the destruction wreaked by gov't in collusion with business to ship jobs overseas and destroy the middle and working class by shipping jobs overseas.

A must-see.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by gottago]

Last I checked, many Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Mercedes, etc., are made in the US. Aren't the American-brand automobile manufacturers the ones who have been producing cars in factories in Mexico and Canada for the American market, while the foreign-owned labels have been building new plants in the US?
Seems the big three are the ones guilty of shipping jobs overseas, yet V. Bernero defends them, as if his job depended on it- which it does, by the way.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Seems to me that he took his chance on air and threw it all out there.

He supported the benefits that the workers received, but did not support the out sourcing and other bad business practices done by them.

A very good point has been made. The media is trying to make us feel that we are getting to much. WE are the reason these companies are failing.

Mayor Bernero sees past that as you saw.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I've heard him spout this same rant in at least 3 other interviews.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

I've heard him spout this same rant in at least 3 other interviews.

I have as well.

Michigan's unemployment isn't the highest in the nation because of NOT having unions.

I live in Michigan, trust me, it blows out here. The unemployment here was high LONG before this crap all came down.

On a positive note, at least i'm only a few hours away from Canada.

new topics

top topics

join