It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Me Prepare

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
not sure if it,s been mentioned but any kind of animal traps will put food on the campfire. Depending where you bugged to, firing a weapon may not be such a good idea.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is what I came up with. Seems like a lot but I really can't think of how to make the list smaller. I have removed my two locations and the routes to them.

SURVIVAL PLAN & KIT

SCENARIO:
Economic Collapse/Civil Unrest/Martial Law

GOAL:
Survive for at least one year & seek more permanent solution.

SURVIVAL LOCATION:

3 ROUTES:

ALTERNATIVE SURVIVAL LOCATION:

2 ROUTES:

MINIMUM REQUIRED ITEMS:
4X4
Large heavy duty tent
4 Sleeping bags
4 Cots
2 sets of clothes each
2 sets of shoes each
4 sets of gloves
Advanced First aid kit
5 gallons of water
Water purification tablets
2 Large bags of brown rice
2 Large bags of red beans
Rope
3 Towels
Soap
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes
Mosquito & bug defense
Camping Eating set (Plates/forks)
Toilet Paper
Fire Proof Matches
Pistol and ammunition
Shotgun and ammunition
Wind up radio
Bow saw with replacement blade
Multi Tool
Hunting knife
Tent repair kit
Dustpan and wisk
Candles
2 Pots
2 Pans
5 canteens
Giant Golden amaranth Seeds
Motrin
Benadryl
Army Survival Manual
SAS Handbook
Axe
Shovel
Hammer
Nails
Propane tent heater
Battery operated fan
4 Flashlights
4 Headlamps
Case of batteries
5 Propane Cylinders
Multi Vitamins/Minerals
1 Gal Bleach
Compass
Map
Basic prospecting equipment
Outdoor camping wood stove
Snare wire
Duct tape
4 Whistles
Signal mirrors
Zodi Hot Water Shower
2 Cases of assorted canned foods
Can opener
7 Tenth of an ounce U.S. Gold Eagle Coins
40 one ounce silver U.S. Eagle Coins.
$200 USD
160 Euros
Large container of salt.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

I'd be interested in getting involved in putting something together, even if if it helps alleviate some of the "What should be in my BOB" posts. Don't get me wrong, I think it's fantastic to see so many interested, but there is so much info in previous posts, well, you know.

On another note, 2 months ago i decided that an addition to my and my wife's BOB would be jump drives. They cost between $15-$25 for a 2gig,
weigh like 1/3 oz. and store huge amounts of info. They can be encrypted, at least enough to stop most from decoding. Manuals, important docs. etc.
Being a father and hubby, I might even have a few photos that I would hate to lose.

Any ideas on the form that this manual would take?

I realize that there's an abundance of information here on the survival forum, but most people simply don't have the time nor the energy to read through the thousands of individual posts. I've done it before, and it's really difficult to digest all the information presented.

A primer or small pocket guide that covers the essentials with an appendices is what I had in mind.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

Man your not planning for survival, your just planning on moving to the countryside. You need to lose most of that crap. One major key to survival is the ability to remain mobile and leave no trace of yourself. Learn to make twine and rope from tree bark and animal tendons. Learn to make a lean-to with tree branches. And one major thing is get a bow and learn to hunt with it. People won't be able to find your location when your hunting for food that way.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

I understand what your saying, but I have the Wife and two little kids. If it was just me, the list would be much smaller.

I can be fairly mobile by storing the items in plastic bins. Using a tent is also mobile.

Sort of a very extended camping trip until I would find or make something better.

The bow is a good idea.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panda Bear
reply to post by Sailor1

What you want Sailor is 'Potassium Chorate' ( not potassium nitrate. . . it has 3 time the oxygenation valve )

Thank you, I will look at that. Adding Fe2O3 (Iron Oxide) increases burn approx 2x, with KNO3, I am looking at stuff that would be available "off the shelf", The Potasium Nitrate is found in Stump Remover sold at home depot. 'Potassium Chorate' may be a little harder to come by but I will look at the chemistry, and again thanks for the advice.

Sailor

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

I understand the wife and kids thing. I have three kids and wife and we use minimal gear when camping and they love it. Trust me you won't need all that stuff.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join