It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saving Jade Goody - Urgent Humanitarian Appeal.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

Lets get things into perspective here.

Is Jade Goody the only 27 year old with two children who has cancer? What about all the other 27 year old mother's all over the world who are dying of cancer? Why is Jade Goody more deserving of our attention than them?

Let us not forget that Jade Goody is a millionairess, hardly short of a bob-or-two, unlike the millions of people dying each year of preventable diseases where treatments costs pennies to buy.

Honestly, this Jade appeal is sensless and out of proportion to the real issues of this world.

FreelancerUK

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
reply to post by vesta

You know Niall197 what you are right to your opinion but try to see it from the point of view that regardless her misstakes Jade is still but a person who is suffering. And she as well as your mother deserves/d that we care about their lives and death. I for one will send you and your mother love and light (for her past and your future) and the same to Jade Goody. There is enough light and love to go around. Even to those who may have erred in the past and to thosew who may still be. The energy of goodwill is infinite and the more you use the more is created. So go ahead spread it freely. It can only improve your experience in this world.

Love and light

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Never heard of her... dont watch cruddy so called reality shows, and not a country fan. This may sound harsh but as far as sympathy , sorry anyone has cancer, but i cant bring my self to feel sorry for her..
She has money, she can get any treatment she wants..
Try living on S.S. and getting by with treatment.
I have no feelings for a rich person that gets sick. They have the resources to get any medical treatment they want.
Before you jump on the band wagon and think i dont care about people, i lost my dad to cancer, and am about to loose a good friend to cancer, and i have another friend that is battling cancer and mom beat brest cancer.
I have seen it first hand, and trust me, people with the money have it made.
They have no room to bitch or complain. They can afford a extra $1000 a month for one pill a day, They can afford to have their bills taken care of and not have to worry about if they have a house to live in on top of facing the grim fact that there is a very good chance they may make it.
Tell her to take her butt to mexico, they have some major advancements there that our FDA wont allow, they probably can cure it, and she may get lucky and find someone that can treat it and really help her and save her..
for the rest of us... the ones working to make it day to day.. we know that there is no hope that it will kill in the end because treatment that could save us is out of our reach because of money.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
1amd1 , your post is inspiring and , to me , humbling . I hope she pulls through . Cancer knows nothing about creed or colour or wealth . I don't have any insight regarding life's mysteries . everyone has to live with their thoughts or conscience in good health and bad. There has been no hate on this thread , just a normal reaction to the image Jade has projected .

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I would be interested in seeing if there was merit in a joint marketing effort between 'octomom' - nadya suleman - and 'oncomom' jade goody....

Both seem to be milking the celebrity gravy train.

I would not wish cancer on anyone (having experienced the loss of my father)...and would hope that she would survive it (and am moved by the story personally).

Yep...she's raised the money to take care of her kids

She's going to marry her violent 'chav' boyfriend, her dysfunctional mother wants to adopt the kids...blah blah blah.

You can pretty much guarantee that the whole 'goody' clan will be sorted financially unlike most other non-celeb cancer sufferers.

Hats off to young women having more smear tests done...I guess it's just a matter of time before a campaign starts to set up a foundation in her name which will battle cervical cancer...

Anyone else seeing how this is going to pan out?

Poor girl. Poor family. But this is the first time I have heard a call for humanitarian action over a minor celebrity...it just is a symbol for me of how completely upside down our culture has become..

What date are we setting for next year's 'jade-a-thon'? I volunteer to man the donation line.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've never liked Jade Goody. To me she was just another attention seeking talentless racist wannabee. However, having lost my own Mother to cancer I find it hard not to feel sorry for her. What must she be going through knowing she is leaving behind two children?

Cancer is a terrible disease. A cure is well over due.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to Jade and I hope she doesn't suffer the pain and anguish I watched my Mother go through.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Saving Every Other Terminally Ill Person - A Humanitarian Appeal
Seriously I feel for her and her family but all this furore over her problems, all this sympathy...... she is no more important than any other terminally ill person.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
No matter how hard I try I can't escape the media's obsession with trivial talentless spunkbubbles . They even show clips of big brother on the news! Poor Jade still beleives it all or she would not be taking part in this circus . Anyone who reads this post who buys the cheapskate redtop papers who put these people in the headlines rather than wars or dying kids should think on .
Let's all hope she gets well and things start to change .

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Honestly, this Jade appeal is sensless and out of proportion to the real issues of this world.
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Right on my friend,
what is saddening (and scary) is that those, for whom J Goody is a household name and know all the intamate details of her life. probably have no idea whatesoever what is going on in our world.

Junk TV and tabloid journalism seem to be having the desired effect on a huge portion of the UK public. Keep them entertained and dumb them down.

It's sad to think that this cartoon reality has infected ATS, but from many of the responses that have been posted it would appear that ATS members are not falling for the BS.

As everyone else I sympathise, but every inch of space this woman commands of a newspaper is one inch less for a baby suffering from the effects of depleted uraniun etc.

We seem to have our piriorities all wrong.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
i had know idea who this was.,,,,,so i googled

and,,,,
she's a rascist and following her remarks she was voted off the show

600,00 people a year die of cancer,,, that's like 1 a minute

so why does this lady deserve anything special over all the everyday joe's who are hurting and fighting this???
i'm sure her celebrity has brought decent wealth,,,,,you aren't suggesting we send hewr money are you

also---35,000 kids starved to death in africa today

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by annefran
I would be interested in seeing if there was merit in a joint marketing effort between 'octomom' - nadya suleman - and 'oncomom' jade goody....

That was cruel satire and politically incorrect wordplay...

probably the reason why I chuckled.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
tell her to google "cancer is a fungus" and have her find a doctor that will expose her tumor to sodium bicarbonate.. baking soda.

-

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Cancer's a pretty awful thing - I think everyone agree with that. I grew-up in my grandfather's house who was bedridden for the last few years of his life and I was there when he died of cancer. I know how traumatic cancer can be.

However, I really don't understand why Jade Goody is any more deserving of a thread than anyone else with cancer, I really don't. Yes, she's got children - as will have many unknown cancer sufferers up and down the country. She's no more deserving than them of this kind of attention.

To be honest, I might even find her less deserving. No matter how favourably people think of the woman, any career she has is based on the fact she's stupid and ignorant. Some would argue that you could add 'racism' to that list too given her involvement in what happened with Shilpa Shetty.

None of that is to be lauded, celebrated or encouraged at all. Her actual fame, including her first appearance in Big Brother was orchestrated and managed by other people. Think back to her admitting she was getting coaching and advice over her behaviour just as she was facing an almighty backlash in the media. After her first big brother appearance, everything she's done has been down to advisers of one form or another. Her only real talent in perpetuating her career was being able to sign on a dotted line about percentage cuts.

So again, why is she any more deserving than anyone else? Why not have a thread for cancer sufferers in general regarding petitioning relevant parties to promote alternative therapies?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Your not the only one who has lost someone to cancer,,,, and quite frankly shame on you,,, for not having the compassion to understand Jade.

You....... should have learnt compassion,,,,,, how could you be so cruel.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Jade career was never based on ignorance or stupidity. She used her celebrity to create a brand and she sold it.

Very clever I say. She was also a good business woman,

Jade had a tough childhood,,, and she made mistakes,,, but you know what,, the one person who will be shedding tears for Jade right now,,, will be Shilpa Shetty,,, because she understood Jade,, and her mistakes,,, and she forgave her.

Jade is 27,, has 2 young boys,,, and deserves or love and prayers.

No one on here,,, has the right to call her,,, and deny her understanding and compassion.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You should never have started this topic.

All you have done is given people with little or no understandingof Jade,,, and excuse to hurt her.

The decent thing you could do is close this thread as many who are posting here dont understand or frankly havent the heart to care.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by patsy22
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Jade career was never based on ignorance or stupidity. She used her celebrity to create a brand and she sold it.

There was no 'Jade Goody' brand when she first appeared on Big Brother. She created one with the 'East Angular'-type idiocy which may have been an act later on, wasn't at the outset.

Very clever I say. She was also a good business woman,

Nothing clever about it. You see similar behaviour in young children that try and capitalise on the first time an adult laughs at something the child has unwittingly done. Once they make that connection they capitalise on it. There's nothing actually "clever" about it - unless you're regularly outwitted by young children or something.

As for the actual "business" - there's nothing to commend Goody on for that either. I pointed out earlier other people have really propped-up the business end and done the deals. Following the first couple of series of Big Brother, it became the norm that contestants were approached by representatives, rather than them having to scout out for that 'management'. Goody didn't even have to exercise her brain to look for that management. I'm baffled as to why or how you think Goody has been "clever" in any of this. She's tenacious and probably hard-working, but "clever"? Where's the evidence of this?

No one on here,,, has the right to call her,,, and deny her understanding and compassion.

Sorry, I have the right to dole out compassion and understanding as I see fit.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Niall197

Your not the only one who has lost someone to cancer,,,, and quite frankly shame on you,,, for not having the compassion to understand Jade.

You....... should have learnt compassion,,,,,, how could you be so cruel.

How can you be so judgmental?

Not everyone will feel compassion for people they don't know, nor will ever know or even meet. Even fewer so for "media darlings".

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You should never have started this topic.

All you have done is given people with little or no understandingof Jade,,, and excuse to hurt her.

The decent thing you could do is close this thread as many who are posting here dont understand or frankly havent the heart to care.

I don't want to be rude Patsy but what did you expect the vast majority of us don't understand or care about Jade Goody and never will.

A humanitarian appeal, at first I thought you were joking. We have humanitarian appeals for natural disasters not for this.

She is of no importance to anyone apart from her own family and those who worship the cult of celebrity.

As far as escallum starting the thread she has every right to do so, however don't be shocked at how people react.
This is an example of how seriously messed up modern living is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join