It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saving Jade Goody - Urgent Humanitarian Appeal.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by patsy22

How very dare you.

I'm so compassionate I'd even allow Jade Goody a State Funeral, preferably today, although I'd reluctantly wait until she's dead.

In other news, Jade has sold the rights to her wedding photographs for the princely sum of £700,000. She's got her priorities right, of course, she's demanding that popular pop combo "Girls Aloud" play at her wedding !! Given that her wedding dress was free (donated by Harrods, no less) I wonder if the girls will be playing free too ?

Ah. The joys of being an ordinary cancer sufferer.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Dont expect much more compassion from me for 'onco-mom' - just found out today one of my best friends has a brain tumour at 32. She's the breadwinner in the house and wont have any of the fantastic privileges which Ms Goody enjoys.

Makes the 'beatification of Jade' brigade seem even more ridiculous.

Oh..and absolutely, let's applaud her accomplishments as a businesswoman. Let's give her a huge award and recognise her innovative value creation tactics.

1. Get dysfunctional
2. Get on Big Brother
3. Get drunk
4. Get naked
5. Get drunk and naked
6. Get out of Big Brother
7. Get a lout of a boyfriend
8. Get back into Big Brother
9. Get racism
10. Get kicked out of Big Brother
11. Get dropped by your agent
12. Get sorry
13. Get sorrier
14. Get better managment (Max Clifford)
15 Get more sorry
16 Get more popular with the Celeb mag chickies - oooh someone we can relate to!!!! Thick, fame hungry and a poor reflection of Britain

Ooooh, dont the public love her...she really is astute. That's a fab business plan...allow yourself to be the pawn of some management company because you are so hungry for attention. She has to stick with that lifestyle because she cant do anything else that brings in the cash - well, she could...but she has gotten used to the cash.

And you think we should be celebrating her business brain? Please, that would be like a turkey stuffing cranberries up its a*** just in time for xmas.

If you dont like it, then please feel free to post your brand of media catalysed 'compassion' to the forums of Closer, Heat and Hello.

Whilst I have compassion for her - it's a circus that is being created around her. It's unhealthy and it's media hysteria. You're falling for it.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
One of ATS's members, Titorite, started a thread about his RIFE unit. He says it can cure cancer:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm putting this information here hoping that it can help somebody. I've noticed that many people on this thread have friends or relatives who are suffering.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
She was on Big Brother and many tv shows and was and is a very popular celebrity adored by the masses.

And yet every forum I know where this topic has been touched on has been dominated by apathy or it's been divisive and at least half the forum have little or no sympathy at all. I'm not sure where you get "adored by masses" from.

Jade's main draw has always been and will be until her death is that of Victorian voyeurism. She's peddled as a freakshow and a curiosity. A volatile woman who lurches from ignorance on practically everything under the sun to witless malapropisms.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Oh for god's sake stop whinging about how horrible she is...YES, she's a chav celeb...so WHAT?! Somehow she's still smart enough to make more money than most of us will ever see in our whole lives.

The only REALLY important point of this entire sorry event (and I do feel immensly sorry for her, despite the cash) is that there has been what doctors are calling the Jade Effect....the number of women going to smear test has gone up by 20% in the last few months because of her, and her visibility, and her big mouth. I know smear tests are not perfect, and can be misinterpreted, but generally, they are pretty effective, and the follow up treatment is WAY better than what she's going through right now.

I wish a mod would just close this thread. It hurts to read it...I know, I have a choice, but I'm in a bad place just now with this. My uncle is in hospital with advanced lung cancer, and almost certainly won't be coming home. I won't see him again. He smoked for 50 years...does that mean he doesn't deserve treatment, as some people have suggested here? I *absolutely guarantee* that no-one would have the nerve to suggest that to my face.

Jade doesn't need money...she needs compassion and understanding for the hellish situation she's in. If you can't give that, then keep your mouth shut.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

I wish a mod would just close this thread. It hurts to read it...I know, I have a choice, but I'm in a bad place just now with this. My uncle is in hospital with advanced lung cancer, and almost certainly won't be coming home. I won't see him again. He smoked for 50 years...does that mean he doesn't deserve treatment, as some people have suggested here? I *absolutely guarantee* that no-one would have the nerve to suggest that to my face.

I'm going to be the second person (see detachedindividual's post on page 2)to call you on this, but who has said that Jade or your uncle doesn't deserve treatment?

Why are you accusing people of this? No matter what people think of Jade, no one's said anything about her not deserving treatment.

Jade doesn't need money...she needs compassion and understanding for the hellish situation she's in. If you can't give that, then keep your mouth shut.

Actually, given the fact that you're in the position that you're in regarding your uncle (which is understandable and a lot of the posters in this thread, myself included, have been in similar positions), I'd suggest that it's you that needs to detach themselves from the thread, not anyone else. It's obviously a personal and painful issue for you and it's fairly clear that you're carrying over your pain from your private life onto a thread about someone else.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yup, you're right...I'm gonna leave it...had it with this. More than likely had it with ATS for a while. I'm completely staggered by the lack of understanding and imagination here. The whole point of forums like this is that we can bring some of our own experiences to it if we want...sorry that they happen to be so emotional and uncomfortable to read. I posted here BECAUSE it's so personal and important to me. There is a huge message here that no-one is talking about, in favour of complete character assassination, and that's kinda shameful.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
Yup, you're right...I'm gonna leave it...had it with this. More than likely had it with ATS for a while. I'm completely staggered by the lack of understanding and imagination here. The whole point of forums like this is that we can bring some of our own experiences to it if we want...sorry that they happen to be so emotional and uncomfortable to read. I posted here BECAUSE it's so personal and important to me. There is a huge message here that no-one is talking about, in favour of complete character assassination, and that's kinda shameful.

I think you're missing something. A lot of the posters you disagree with here have been through what you're going through at the moment. I grew-up in my grandfather's house and was there when he died of cancer - it's not as if I don't (or anyone else) understand or sympathise with the issue of how sad and traumatic cancer is. Again, can you point to a post that suggests otherwise, or point to a post that suggests she shouldn't have treatment of? You keep stating that people are doing this, but I'm not seeing it.

Jade's 'chav' status is only being brought up because of the bizarre request for 'humanitarian appeal'. All people are asking is 'why Jade? What's so special about Jade? Where's the thread about other, equally tragic cancer-suffering young mothers?'

Lastly, my last post wasn't a 'butt out' thing, despite your previous post where you suggest that some of us 'keep our mouth shut'. It was more a case of your personal experience is probably too raw at the moment. Personally, if I was in your position, I wouldn't have wanted to get contribute to a thread about cancer at the moment.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Some of you people don't understand at all.

Look when a plane crashes the newscaster states 160 people were killed, "no Briton's were on board",or no Americans were on board.This allows us to dismiss the incident as 1) We don't know who these people are,2) We never saw them,3) We don't know them,they are strangers, we don't know their culture, we don't want to know either, in other words they don't exist in our conscienceless for more than a transient second.

Now contrast this with the plane which landed in the Hudson river,in America a few weeks and no one was killed.The news programs spend a full 12 minutes on that"tragedy"out of a 25 minute long news program.

That week at least a full 5 hours was devoted to the survivors on the news.
Interviews were done with the survivors,their relatives,the plane crew were hailed as hero's.they were showing over and over again how the survivors got out and there was massive publicity on the radio,the TV,the papers.Even though nobody died.

The following week the publicity was less but 2 weeks later again massive publicity was given with video footage of the plane landing on the river.Again everyone was interviewed after it was confirmed birds had gone into the engines.

The plane survivors were real people.We know their names,their faces, we know that one was a hockey player, another one was a a student going to see his mother in Seattle, another one was going to a convention.In other words we saw these people as real cogent,alive people.

We saw their faces,We saw them as real people.

It is true thousands of other people have cancer but they are not real as we don't know them.We have never met them,or seen their faces, or are familiar with their pain or hopes, dreams,aspirations.They are not part of our world view.They are complete strangers.

The human mind cannot imagine more than 6 or 7 distinct points at the same time as Koestler proved.

In the same way Jade Goody is alive, real to us,she is part of our lives as she has been on TV for many 1000's of hours,she is on the radio,the TV,the papers,the magazines.She cannot be dismissed.She is more real than real.She is a part of our lives.She is a part of our world shaping reality and as such is more important as evidenced by the massive attention being given to her as a result of our huge interest in her.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

"more real than real"?

?

?

?

?

a media construct is more real than real? Now that's news to me.

I like to think that as a group (and this is a paradox) that we do not subscribe to 'groupthink'. The media frenzy is groupthink. Your idea of us all campaigning Max Clifford is misplaced - HA!

And yes, you've had me too, because I have spent too much time thinking about this complete and utter media construct.

I'm getting sensible and focusing on the learning I am taking from this.

1. Have a regular smear test.
2. Think about those far less fortunate than Jade Goody who have cancer and have very little support
3. Think about the real humanitarian issues around the world.

Congrats. You have sucked us into this trashy topic.

:bash:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Merriman Weir

Some of you people don't understand at all.

No, some of us do get it - and I'm reading your post (which is a response to one of mine) as more than suggesting that I'm one of those that don't get it.

I think you're confusing 'not getting it' and 'disagreeing'.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

In the same way Jade Goody is alive, real to us,she is part of our lives as she has been on TV for many 1000's of hours,she is on the radio,the TV,the papers,the magazines.

None of that, is reality.

None of it.

Regardless of how many hours of any show one watches, cast members do not become part of ones family. They become familiar faces, they are part of an impersonal memory that some may mistake as personal.

I've watched and enjoyed "Dirty jobs" with Mike Rowe. I know his face, his voice and if I saw him on the street I would recognize him. He is not my friend, he is not my acquaintance. If the TV has really got you believing that you KNOW the people on there just because you've seen their faces then you've given in to it's awful power.

The real world has lots of people in similar positions to Goody, and they all deserve the compassion you seek for one person.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I totally agree with any help given to Jade to make whats left of her life bearable and filled with joy, but there are thousands of us who want to share our joy of her wedding but have to pay heavily to see it as its not on national Television but an expensive pay to watch system.
Think about this

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
One of ATS's members, Titorite, started a thread about his RIFE unit. He says it can cure cancer:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm putting this information here hoping that it can help somebody. I've noticed that many people on this thread have friends or relatives who are suffering.

Could you please contact Jade Goody or her agent as soon as possible and ask them to take this treatment as quickly as possible?

Time is of the essence.

You could use the6 degrees of separation theory to contact her.This theory says you are only 6 persons away from any other person.

I urge any ATS member to contact Jade Goody and advise her please to take this treatment.

She has a life to gain.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Rather than everyone spamming Max Clifford, wouldn't it be more effective if you acted as the conduit for everyone offering support on ATS?

You would take responsibility for gathering the information and sending it in?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by annefran
Rather than everyone spamming Max Clifford, wouldn't it be more effective if you acted as the conduit for everyone offering support on ATS?

You would take responsibility for gathering the information and sending it in?

I had been hoping something like that would happen, however I have just emailed Max Clifford with the suggestion and made it plain that I cannot vouch for the unit myself. I've just suggested that they investigate it for themselves.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

All I see in this thread is people acting "jealous" that Jade is getting attention for what she's going through.

This kind of thing is to be expected with celebs, people need to stop focusing on the gossip and media, and show a little bit of compassion like caitlinfae is trying to show.

Good for you caitlinfae.

If your jealous then fine, you just gotta realise no matter how much you hate her, how annoyed you are that people are suddenly becoming compassionate towards cancer patients, it still does not stop the fact, that only good can come from this. e.g more women going for tests. And that's a great thing.

Peace.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by caitlinfae

All I see in this thread is people acting "jealous" that Jade is getting attention for what she's going through.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

Jealous - no...incredulous...yes...

It's incredulous that we can now turn death into a complete circus.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by annefran

I am very sorry to report with great sadness report that Jade Goody has died now from cancer.

I am very upset that such a luminary in our lives has gone.We will never see her again.

I am devastated that she has been allowed to pass away despite my best efforts to get this board to offer her assistance in curing her cancer.

She has left 2 small children who will be at the mercy of a jailbird.

I know intend to write a major eulogy to Jade Goody and urge Governments to erect some kind of remembrance monument to her as she has had an even bigger impact then Princess Diana on the populace.

I feel very angry that many people thwarted and diverted my best efforts to digress from the aim of this thread which was to help her to beat cancer and I hope you can live with your conscience and your self centered selfishness.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by esecallum]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join