It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw Debris from the Satellite Collision!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is probably as close as I will ever get to seeing a 'real UFO'.

I live in Austin, Texas. Yesterday, Sunday, I was jogging on a trail in southwest Austin and sat down for awhile to do some stretching. I was scanning the sky as I was getting my wind back, and I saw a bright flashing fireball as I was staring to the northeast.

This flash/fireball lasted a quick couple of seconds, but was so impressive due its overall brightness in a sky already bright with early morning sunshine.

Later yesterday I saw some local news reports of fireballs being seen up and down the I-35 corridor between Dallas and Austin. Later news scanning noted that these sightings appeared to be related to the collision of the Russian and American satellites last week.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this along as it was a very neat phenomenon to witness, and it appears to have been related to actual space exploration activities.

Regards....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
are you sure it was debris from the collission?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, obviously I have no idea what it was. As noted above, I saw that the local news was reporting that the sightings among Dallas and Austin were related to the satellite collision. I'm still monitoring the local news and seeing if any other explanations are provided.

My brother in law is a weather observer at the Austin airport and is checking in with his sources today and seeing what the overall 'pulse' is regarding these sightings.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Okay, my BIL just sent me an email with an updated explanation from a friend of his at the FAA.

The FAA has now said the fireball appeared to be a natural phenomenon, and a University of North Texas astronomer said more specifically that it was probably a pickup truck-sized meteor with the consistency of concrete.

The FAA backed off its weekend statement that the fireball possibly was caused by falling debris from colliding satellites plummeting into the atmosphere.

So, there we go....I saw a pickup truck-sized meteor with the consistency of concrete. It was still cool, though.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Txhunter67

I wasn't trying to be snide with my post. I was pointing out that it wasn't debris from the satelite and, possibly, something more than simple space junk.

top topics

join