It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11:11- Please help with meaning?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hey All-

New here, and don't know if this is the place to post this, so here it goes.

About ten years ago, I started noticing something really strange. Every time I looked at t clock, it would show 11:11. At first I didn't think anything of it, because I was young, and welcomed strange things. After a while, I became a party game to all of my friends (No, I am NOT gay!). I mean, whenever I went to a party, I could tell people right when it was 11:11. It did not matter if I was drunk or not at that point in time, or what was happening, I would just blurt out "Hey, its time!", and sure enough, it would be 11:11.

After about a year of this, I started getting more "scientific" about my strange ability. At this point, my whole family knew about this (I was about 20 at the time), and since I lived at home, it helped to have them around me. We are all Christians, and believe strongly in God. So they helped me keep a log of when I would notice the clock. If I was at work, would actually call home to my mom, dad or brother or just leave a message on the answering machine telling them that it was 11:11. When I would call them, they would look at the clock near them and confirm it, but the clock at work may have been off by a minute. I began to think that my body had conditioned itself to do this, like the way you can train a rat to run a maze, or make a dog drool at a specific sound. It seemed that I would tell it was 11:11, day or night and confirm it on any clock I was around, and when I would "remote" the message to someone over the phone, most times the time was correct on their end, not mine.

Then it got real wierd. I started actually waking up at 11:11. Didn't matter if it was morning or night (yes, sometimes I would sleep late in the mornings, I was young, and would stay up late partying or playing with friends). I started to get real scared, and would actually go wake my parents up when I would wake up. They wanted me to see a professional, but I was to proud to do something like that. A few nights, I had my brother stay up after I would go to sleep and watch when it got close to the time. It really freaked him out to see me in a dead slumber, then suddenly wake up right on schedule!

Well, this went on for another year, and finally I stopped doing it. Think I was around 22 at the time. When I finally got married to my wife at age 27, who knew me back when I would do my party trick, it was great. We bought a house together, and have now started a family. After the first year we were married, we were going home on the ferry one night, and was up top on the passenger deck. I was looking through the boards of flyers they have, you know, the ones that show you all of the local tourist spots, and there was a flyer with a BIG fat red 11:11 on the front! I pulled it out and started to look inside, and it was some organization in Port Townsend that had a support group for people who see the 11:11. I was close to calling them up and going to see them, but was afraid of getting abducted by some "Cult" group. I showed it to my wife, who instantally remembered that I once had the dread 11:11 following me a long time ago. We laughed at it, and since I was not seeing it at the time, I threw the flyer away and stopped thinking about it.

The thing is, last night I woke up and looked at the clock, and sure enough, 11:11. Then this morning I looked at the clock at 11:11. Now I am afraid that it is back. I went online this afternoon, and found this website, so I thought I would post this and see if anyone else has had this happen to them. I am going to talk to my pastor this weekend about it, if it persist.

Anyway, thanks for the help, if you have any suggestions, it would be appreciated!

SevenAngels

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ahh... im relatively new here... BUT i know this exact topic has been posted quite a number of different times... (ie:people only seeing 9:11 on a clock, ect)..

I think the gist of the posts were that subconsiously you're only remembering when you look and its 11:11... it only happens twice a day you know.... I suggest searching a bit and seeing what others have already said about this... (unless they're all feeling nice and reply again to you!
)

Oh well.. good luck with 'it'

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
here's one link that discusses it. only searched for about 2 minutes

www.abovetopsecret.com...

found another one :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
11:11 seems to be a number thats popped up with a lot of people including myself. It's possible that its a biological doomsday clock waiting to go off ... tick tock tick tock ...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
there's a guest thats on coast to coast AM occasionally that talks about the numerology behind this/related to seeing a certain timef- george noory says he sees "1:11" or "11:11" all the time. I'm gonna try to get her name off of the C2C AM website, but it might take a while, i dont remember the last time she was on.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Something similar used to happen to me. I didn't wonder though, I knew why. At lunch I would always know when the bell was going to ring...just about always!! Even if I was just sitting there at the table with my friends with my head down almost asleep, I would suddenly wake up and say "The bells about to ring!" and put my head down. Sure enough, a few seconds later it would always ring. I think it really is just a mind conditioning thing. The bell would ring at that time SO MUCH, that I would always know. My mind had sort of it's own alarm clock after a while. Sometimes I can do that with waking up too. If it's really important to, or I don't want to wake up at that time, I will. I would'nt worry too much about it, chances are you get paranoid and then your mind sort of sticks that number into your head. It's come so many times in your live, you subconciousley know when it's going to happen. Much like me with the lunch bell, only 11:11 comes alot more than the lunch bell did. But when you start thinking about the number, worrying about it coming, it sort of awakes something in your subconcious. I hope I was of some help, chances are people have said this to you many many many times.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
We all have a built in clock, my son who I yell at forever to get him up for school, will wake himself up to go hunting at 4am. Apparently that time means something to you. It will probably be revealed to you in some way eventually. I would not worry about it too much, it will only interfere with your life if you allow it to by placing too much importance on it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I believe we all have internal clocks in our head too. If you get fixated on a certain time, you may tend to look at a clock at exactly that time. I can actually tell myself I need to wake up at a certain time and this usually works. Of course I still use an alarm clock since I don't always like using my internal clock.

One of my roomates in college once told me to shoot him with a water gun that I had if he didn't wake up for his alarm clock. (I usually got up a few minutes before him.) Anyway I went to sleep like normal but apparently was thinking about the time his alarm clock should go off. I had my water gun locked and loaded sitting beside my bed.

Anyway I woke up and thought I saw the time he said he needed to be up. I started firing away quite happily
and then had to apoligize when I suddenly noticed I fired one minute before his clock alarm went off.
So yes I believe we all have internal clocks and can get a set time in our head by thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I remember waking up two days in a row with my digital alarm clock on 11:11.
Something about it felt weird, almost like 'coincidence' wasn't a satisfactory explanation.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Just some random thoughts here...

First of all, this is an excellent post.
Plenty of details, and facts.

I too am a Christian, and my knowledge or Revelations is above average, I would say. I do believe there may be a future seven year period of tribulation as many Biblical scholars have predicted...The 11/11 date COULD POSSIBLY be an important one. Perhaps this is the date of the next major terrorist attack (conveniently just after George "II" is re-elected??) Perhaps this will be the date that signals the start of the Great Tribulation.

Of course the Twin Towers were a massive "11" in the sky...

9/11...was the date of the last attack.

11/11/1918 was the armistice that ended WW I...86 years ago...or two sevens from the end of the WWIII...100 years to the day from the end of WWI?? (maybe the second seven years will be a time of relative clam after the major annihilating is over??)

You may want to read my thread on "A Beautiful Mind" in connection with this, as the number "11" figures prominently there also.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I can tell you when its 3:04 all the time, spelled backwards it resembles Hoe. I dont suspect anything more than mere coincidence though.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
this is the best 'vibe' i've found ..... the multiverse and 11:11(link)
i love this stuff. i just changed my computer clock to daylight savings, ...at 11:11. man, it freaked me out(in a good way).
solara is the name of the disinformant from coast to coast.
....other numbers:
any three consectutive numbers(111, 222, 333, etc.)
12:34
1:23
there are many 'magic' numbers. 11:11 seems to be bombarding the collective mind of mankind. i guess the question is, how do identify with others?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It's ur brains clock working....

UR brain is SOOO POWERFUL....dont underestimate the power of ur brain, both conscious and subconscious....Ur mind...

I used to work at night time....have to be at work at 9:00pm....

If the alarm clock wouldn't go off, i would either wake up by myself, literally jump outta bed knowing i was late, and then check the clock right next to mah bed and see it was exactly 9pm, or i would sleep usually until work decided to ring to see wtf was happening...

Also wheni was at school, my alarm clock was always set so loud so i would wake up and get outta bed....instead of hitting the snooze button.

I would either wake up 1 min b4 the alarm would go off coz i got so annoyed with it being so loud and didn't want to hear it, or as instantly as it was on, my hand would do a very very quick wack of the snooze button making it shut-up with it's loud noise (it was in between radio stations so making a loud noise)...

How quick i owuld react to that thing was uncanny.

My mind, body new that thing was gnna go off and made itself prepared to deal with it asap...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Biological clock feed by an OBCD. Its really easy to break, set any alarm clock, preferably on your watch to always go off at 11:00. ALWAYS, every day. then maybe two or three weeks later set it at 10:30 ALWAYS everyday. Go to bed everynight at 9:30pm first, ALWAYS everyday. Then after two or three weeks go to bed at 10:30 ALWAYS, everyday.

Soon you will never notice that other time again.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
As a footnote to this thread, the British Government teaches its field operatives certain methods of keeping track of time and setting personal alarms by memory.

One of the widely used methods is picturing an analogue clock-face when you go to bed with the time (say you get into bed at 11.35pm), you then simply picture the hands reaching the time you wish to wake (say 6am) and go to sleep picturing the image of the clock hands.

I have used this myself a number of times, and while it is not accurate to the second, it usually it to within 5 minutes or so. It just goes to show that your brain can, and does, keep track of the time subconsciously.

B

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the post and help. It was just after seeing the flyer on the ferry that I (we) thought that it was wierd, that it sounded like many other people had this problem and were placing some sort of religous or other meaning to it. That is why I posted this in the first place, to see if anyone else was seeing 11:11. I am now not looking at the clock around that time every morning or night, and have not started waking up at night to it now.

If I find the flyer, I will post it here to show ya what it looks like. (Can you post pictures here?)

Thanks again!

SevenAngels

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That's too weird my friend. I always notice the clock on 11:11 or 3:33 or 5:55 or such whenever all of the numbers are the same. Whenever all of the numbers on a clock are the same, you're suppesed to make a wish...hokey? Yes. Superstitiously stupid? Yes. But not for me, I've had several weird occurances with this. For example, I was walking down the street one night, someone I cared for a whole lot had gone missing. I was praying to God, talking to God (for the first time ever my friends) through the moon. I fell on my knees. Then a phone rang in my pocket, he had come home. I fell on the ground looked up at God and started to cry. I looked at the clock on my phone, it was 11:11, I said thank you one more time, and the clock changed.

That's God right there for ya.

I've always believed in silly superstitions that I know myself are not true, like making a wish when all of the numbers on the clock are the same. Certain numbers on the clock, like 1:49 for example, remind me of silly little things, I made one of the most beautiful, wonderful epeiphanies of my life at exactly 1:49am. I wear a watch that doesn't work...and it's set to 1:49.

Maybe these things aren't necessarily "spiritual" or special in any way, but theyre used, at least for me, as those little reminders about how beautiful life really is.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
11:07 is my time. My parents even said when I was a baby I would wake up at 11:07 and start crying almost every night and during the day too. Now, I just get a really sick feeling in the pit of my stomach at that time.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
wow, didn't this was such a large case. i had this happen about a year ago for atleast a month or two. i'd see 11:11 or 1:11 or 2:22, mostly the first though. whatever they mean, i dunno, it freaked me out a bit. happened again a few weeks ago, but i kinda brushed it aside.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Oh my goodness.... I know this is posted from quite some time ago however, I have been searching for people that this also happens to just trying to gain some kind of explanation and understanding. 11:11 has been a prominent part of my life from as far back as I can remember. Not just as an internal clock but everything from the counters on the VCR, timestamps on emails, numberolgy of adding marriage dates, the list goes on and on. I started telling my friends about it and then swore I would call or email them everytime it would happen to me. They finally started asking me to stop pleading with me that they did in fact believe me but had no idea what it meant. I truly believe it has a deeper meaning into life other than an internal clock that can be turned on and off..... it happens way too often for me and its not just with time. It is on signs, receipts, stop watches, totals, refunds, unbelieveable.... but no one can really seem to explain it. Just nice to have company in strange instances. ; )

top topics

<<   2 >>

join