It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schro's, Shock's, and Ian's American Vacation (Road Trip 09)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Ok peeps here's the BIG news ...

Hide you liquor, your women, and your expresso makers.

Ian McLean, MemoryShock, and the SDog are going on a cross country road trip Jack Kerouac style, and our "scroll" shall be ATS/BTS/MATS.

When you ask is this ill fated odyssey going to take place?

The dates have yet to be set in stone but we're aiming for Mid-March.

This is the rough outline of the plan. I'm going to leave DC and drive straight to Vegas for a little spiritual reunion with an old friend of mine. I'll chill there being "spiritual"
for a day or two then head to the City of Angels to pick up Shock. We'll then head up to the bay area and scoop up Mr. McLean and start the madness in earnest.

Our general plan is to head to NoCal/So. Oregon then across into No. Nevada. Head South via the extraterrestrial highway to Arizona, Grand Canyon, Sedona, Zion, then North East to the Monument Valley/Four Corners area. From there probably head to New Mexico and eventually into Texas through Houston and on to New Orleans to take stock of the situation there. Then Florida panhandle, So. Georgia, the Carolinas, outer banks, and on to DC. Then, a quick shot up NYC where we will probably end our trip.

That's the gist of it. The idea is basically to have an idea of the general route but to decide each night where we really want to go the next day. On the way we will try to discover new and interesting places and even visit with a couple of our good ATS friends. We will take loads of pictures and video to upload into a yet to be created media blog over at MATS and we will also post or link to them in this thread.

And this is where we need your help fellow ATSers and the reason why we are announcing this a month in advance. We would love to do some ATS oriented stuff. We plan to visit natural vortices, UFO hotspots, maybe even a cemetery or two.
But we'd also like to visit some abandoned military facilities where one can (legally) tour underground bunkers and the such and other conspiracy oriented points of interest.

So we need some suggestions. Places you have been to and loved and/or places that you know to be out of the ordinary. Keep in mind that as we are doing this in March we are purposely avoiding the Northern part of the States to stay clear of foul weather. So if the places you think are worthy of a visit are outside of the general parts of the country we are following, they will have to be explored on our next adventure. But if they are anywhere near the Western, Southern, or Eastern United States please fire away with ideas.

I can't tell you how excited the three of us are to get on the road, have some laughs, learn a couple of things, witness beautiful country, and share the whole experience with our fellow ATSers.

Chances of survival for America are slim to none but what the heck ... WE will be fine, and isn't that what really matters.

So please, we'd love to get some ideas from you people no matter how cooky they are.

Wish us and America luck ...

We're going to Wally World!

Disclaimer: This is in no way an ATS sponsored or affiliated event. It's just three guys going on a drive and sharing our experiences with other members.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I already heard about this from MS and I think its an excellent idea. I´ll be following this thread to keep up with your trip and also looking up possible mystery-locations (depending on where you are at any given time) in Google. At least in that way I can be "a little bit part of it".

Im almost as excited about this as you guys must be.

Take cams.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
WOW

what an excellent idea

looking so much forward to listen to all your experiences and watching videos and pictures.

so good luck america.
3 amazing guys are travelling around you.

how long do you plan your round trip?

btw. other guys make books out of such a trip!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I can't tell you how excited the three of us are to get on the road, have some laughs, learn a couple of things, witness beautiful country, and share the whole experience with our fellow ATSers.

Definitely excited; not only am I thrilled to get an oppurtunity to meet and hang out with two of ATS' more prolific personalities but to experience the wide variety of culture in such a short amount of time. I make no apologies if I try and imitate some accents along the way...

Chances of survival for America are slim to none but what the heck ... WE will be fine, and isn't that what really matters.

America doesn't stand a chance...I almost feel a bit sorry for some of the people we will undoubtedly meet...

Though I will confess to a bit of trepidation regarding Texans...

So please, we'd love to get some ideas from you people no matter how cooky they are.

Ideas would be great! For starters, how do people feel about Bohemian Grove?

It is about 2 and a half hours north of Ian (I stayed at a friends house for a few months ~fifteen minutes away...
). Likely the result would be a lot of scenic footage but perhaps we can find something specific..short of Illuminati Rituals of course...

Wish us and America luck ...

I think America needs the well wishing...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Let me know when you all are coming through South Georgia so that I can....well, seek shelter from the destruction and bad influence.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I completely envy you.
Been my dream for years to do that.
How much time have you guys set aside to visit all these places?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I completely envy you.
Been my dream for years to do that.

We're going to take sooo many pics and videos that you will practically be there with us.

How much time have you guys set aside to visit all these places?

About a week to ten days from the day we pick up McLean

Who knows, we might never stop.

[edit on 15 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

talk about a whirlwind trip.
i'd take a month at least.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm sure you would have figured it out for yourselves, but I'll just tell you: all of my suggestions have a secondary agenda .. getting y'all to come close enough to me where I can meet you!!

Anyway, here ya go. I'm more into the paranormal, so my suggestions will tend to lean that direction, also.

Le Flore County in the Southeastern part of Oklahoma, specifically around the small town of Honobia, is a Bigfoot Hotspot. (Note that ATS Mod NGC2736 lives in this general vicinity).

Near Joplin, Missouri is one of America's most famous (and reliable) spook lights, the Hornet Spooklight, also called the Tri-State Spooklight.

In Eureka Springs, Arkansas, which, being a 19th century Victorian style village nestled in the Ozarks, is a really cool place to visit, is the Crescent Hotel. It was built in 1886 and has the reputation of being one of the most haunted hotels in America.

In Guthrie, OK is the Stone Lion Inn, which also has a reputation for being haunted. Note that if you get into this area at all (central OK), you will most likely have the opportunity to meet many Sooner ATS'ers, including Springer, myself, whitewave, Daddymax, Midnightbrigade, and others.

There is, however, a mostly abandoned military base in Southeastern OK (not far from the Bigfoot place) called Camp Gruber which supposedly has some connection to the OKC bombing and is where the Rainbow Division trained. There's a thread on ATS about it here.

The site of the OKC bombing, itself, might also be an interesting place to visit.

I hope I've managed to put something up here that will attract you into my area!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Even thow you didn't mention the The Hear of Dixie.
Mobile Alabama is said to be a very haunted place. Since you going to hit the panhandle area you won't be to far away.

Found this paranormal group you may want to get intouch with to see if you can set up a time to go with them if you want.

parasouth.ghostinthelens.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is going to be a blast. If only Schrodog, Memshock and I can agree on appropriate travel music - I did mention to you guys that I only listen to Country and J-Pop, right? And I never use headphones?

We will definitely vlog our journey. Time to figure out this 'internet video' thing! The thought of having our ATS friends virtually 'travel along' is incredible. Just have to figure out how to deal with Internet connections while traveling.

Ideas would be great! For starters, how do people feel about Bohemian Grove?

Interesting idea! I wonder what there is to see there, 'off-season' as it were. Is it publicly accessible?

I had also though of visiting Mt Shasta, in Northern California. Do any ATSers know of interesting 'energy points' and things to see in that area?

Now I have the song 'Holiday Road' in my head!
*hums along*

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Nothing to see at Bohemian Grove imo because its not publicly accessible. Nothing to see since more than 50 years at Roswell either...except for cheesy souvenirs.

Mt Shasta...now that sounds better. Anywhere there. Also at night. Dulce NM might prove interesting too.

And remember...its not only about locations but also about state of mind. If you have a sense for it, you can discover mystery and intrigue almost anywhere.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
This is going to be a blast. If only Schrodog, Memshock and I can agree on appropriate travel music - I did mention to you guys that I only listen to Country and J-Pop, right? And I never use headphones?

Wait, WHAT?

I thought we agreed on Greek music whilst breaking plates outside the car window ...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

And, the conflict begins already.

....wonders who may not come back from this trip the same as they were when they left....

[edit on 2/15/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

If you two don't stop it back there I'm gonna tun this car right around!

I mean it Ian, give Shock his hat back.

I don't care WHO started it ...

I don't care, you're not the moderator of me!

McLean put that "Debate Champion" sash away, we know already.

Right, thats it, I'm pulling over!

[edit on 15 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
If only Schrodog, Memshock and I can agree on appropriate travel music - I did mention to you guys that I only listen to Country and J-Pop, right? And I never use headphones?

Yeah..definitely a problem...I only listen to Gangsta Rap...

Shizzle mah'nizzle...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Y'all are giving us a little too much insight into your mental states. Music taste says a lot about a man.....

....one of them is gonna end up buried in the desert somewhere and we will never hear from them again.....

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have a cover story for y’all if you need it. insert name here was abducted by aliens. Or the MIB attacked us and only insert whom ever left here I think that should cover all the bases. And always you can blame it on Masons everyone else does.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I hope this doesn't end up like Thelma and Louise..guy style.

[edit on 2/15/2009 by Blogstalker]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join