It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One Member Read the Stimulus Bill??!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

How on this Earth could our President Obama think that most of the crap in that bill is good for us? Did he read any of it? Does he even care? There is NOTHING in that bill that will have any bearing on me or anyone I know. But I bet it will help out all the friends of those who signed it! Lucky them!!

It is his, Reid, and Pelosi's bill; they don't care as long as it passes.

And, no, the bill will have little to no bearing on you, me, or any other regular American....unless you count the couple of bucks extra in our paychecks each month (OH!!!...I can finally get that toaster I've always dreamed of :shk: ).

And, of course it will help those who signed it out, along with their donators and buddies.....didn't you know that's all that matters??

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This will make for some interesting political debate during the next couple of campaign cycles.

Dems are unanimously yes on the bailout that they didn't read.

Reps are unanimously no on the bailout they didn't read.

Should it work, and I believe that it will work temporarily and here will be some jobs created, the dems will get all the credit.

But when it runs out of gas, which I believe it will also, the democrats will have a tough time explaining to the people the massive debts and massive tax increases that will have to pay for the debts.

The problem with stimulus spending is that it needs to stay constant or increase for years after, it can never be a one time deal or the new jobs and economy built on that stimulus will crash once the money runs out.

Long term, I see this as horrible for the democrat party and that may be the reason why democrats are pushing for a fairness doctrine and other stuff to cover themselves.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm shocked, shocked to find that voting without reading is going on here! One would have thought that not reading the Patriot Act and the NIE for Iraq (before the vote to authorize force, which got us into the invasion of Iraq) would have clearly shown it is preferable to know what you're voting for. As Pete Seeger sang, "When will we ever learn?"

Congress members rely on summaries. I hope this vote at least does something positive versus the outcomes of the above mentioned votes.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

OH!!!...I can finally get that toaster I've always dreamed of ).Text

Unfortunately, you won't be able to afford the bread to put it.

[edit on 2/13/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ha, with the tax credit you will recieve roughly 500 bucks a year, with that all of us will stimulate the economy.......puke

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

OMG, LMAO.....that was great.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well, now you have stolen my moment of joy about the single thing this freaking pork package may do for me.

Back to being completely mad, frustrated, and aggravated.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by aquiesce
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ha, with the tax credit you will recieve roughly 500 bucks a year, with that all of us will stimulate the economy.......puke

puke for sure.

if they really wanted to stimulate the economy, they would've just taken all of the money that they are giving away and divide it among the taxpaying citizens of the United States. debts would be payed, homes purchased, businesses revitalized or started....but that would be going against the best interest of the major corporate players in the worldwide economy.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Shucks, I'm sorry. Your toaster line almost made me wet my pants.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I can add snarky humor to almost any situation.

This one is harder than most because it is such BS.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If anyone still doubts that the Democrats and Republicans are different, may I remind you that this was exactly the same thing they did with the USA PATRIOT Act. A 342 page document that was introduced 13 days after 9/11. Only two members of congress, Ron Paul, and Dennis Kucinich read the bill before its' passage.

This is the way government take over. The elite wrote the bills, and our supposed "Representatives" look the other way, choose not to look at all, or make it so that anyone who did read it could not possibly have the time to object. This is the face of the new coup. Who needs revolution or consensus when you can just make your take overs legal.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

And I've said it in another thread, and I'll say it again.
This is why there is actually some hope here. Not much, but some.

Face it, we are doomed, UNLESS America is allowed to simply splinter into regions.
Maybe this is why Mississippi and New Hampshire are trying to pass such "drastic" legislature. A secession.
Question is, when the stuff hits the fan, and it will soon, will the Federal Government try to hold their power, or take their money and run?
I hope they take their money and run. It'll be worthless anyhow, and maybe then we can rebuild without having to shoot our neighbors.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Federal Government give up power?? Haven't their recent actions shown that they will do anything to hold on to their power??

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I hope so too. But I don't think anyone but the gullible few at that point will be on the governments' side.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

It would seem that way. However, I feel that it depends on how vocal the dissent becomes and just HOW FAR the States are willing to take it.

It may actually work out for the best that way. In fact, I'm starting to hope for it.
The only thing that matters in this game is what the Bankers decide. They are the ones making the decisions here. Now, IF it can be shown to them that it would be beneficial for them to allow the US to break apart, they may allow that to happen. I hate to sound defeatist, but this is the way I really feel.
If that doesn't happen, I feel that we are headed down a road of complete chaos on the streets and martial law / civil war... I would hope that we can just wake up and stop supporting the Government and in the meantime declaring State's Rights Sovereignty, and the Fed would just stay the hell out of the way.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
When things become worthless...their power will also become worthless. They dream a wet dream that when everything outside their little power game goes to poop, their world will remain intact.

Well unless there are two Earth's and they just bounce back and forth from one to the other when we see them, their perfect little power world will come crumbling down with the rest of it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I know that if MY State Proposed legislature like that of New Hampshire's, I would be in the streets raising awareness in THEIR SUPPORT.
I would gladly support the State of Arkansas over the Federal Government at this point. I feel that a lot of others would also, respective of their own states.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

My feelings exactly, Burns. This is why I say what I say.
I hope they just take their loot and get the hell out while they can. And they may.

But, they won't have much of a place to go. That is probably the only thing making my hopes a pipe-dream. In reality, I'm afraid that this is like an end-game scenario. The cards are called and are going to fall where they may.

I still like to hope, though. ... ...

God I don't want to have to shoot anyone.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

That's right and the average person is going to continue to see rising food cost at the store until that 13 dollars is going to be revealed for its true worth.

I am concerned about what is being transferred in this bill that as you say the average person will never become aware of.

But then we are not average are we?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by aquiesce

Maybe, the Republicans had their rude awakening and might do a little better in the future.

What has me ashamed is the fact that intelligent people still make a distinction between Republican politicians and Democrat Politicians.

These people do not represent the American Citizen.

They are all criminals who need to be removed from office.

The only difference between them is the matter of who gets control of the stolen money that doesn't even exist to spend.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join