It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One Member Read the Stimulus Bill??!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It is a shame that we elect politicians that can't read. Even if they are all speed readers they still did not have time to digest all the implications of each project. This is a travisty of monumental magnitude and remember this day and what your elected officials did unto We The People and your Republic.

We are at a pivotal point in our country's future do we as a Nation stay as We The Sheeple or become We The People again?

Today this vote of the stimulus package is the methodical distruction of our once beloved Republic. Again do all of you understand what our elected Representatives and Senators did unto you today, We The People by passing this garbage of a bill? It will take 10 years to pay back just this particular stimulus package alone at a cost to you, We The People of 3.27 $Trillion$ dollars.

This is Monopoly money to them and when the economy takes a nose dive into a total collapse sooner then later do we blame the Stimulator, Pelosi and Congress or do we blame ourselves for letting it happen?

[edit on 13-2-2009 by amari]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Wow. Everyone bashes the bill and I would bet my last dollar that most of you have no idea what is in it either. I have read the entire thing and i really don't have a problem with anything they are doing. Just about every part of it will create jobs.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Wow. Everyone bashes the bill and I would bet my last dollar that most of you have no idea what is in it either. I have read the entire thing and i really don't have a problem with anything they are doing. Just about every part of it will create jobs.

Stimulus bill text

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Excellent. You have done more than our politicians in office ( you read 1100 pages since last night?). I read some, heard some and am not a fan of how fast it passed. I am against this one, also.....

Just to mention, I was against the previous bailout for the auto industry and the... eeek, other stimulus bill.....

[edit on 13-2-2009 by aquiesce]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Do you know what Reinvestment means? it means that the money that will be going into the stimulus will first pass through the hands of financial institutions and investment groups like the Carlye group, and after they get their cuts in the investments they will pass the rest to the nations programs.

Also a creation of an Infracture bank and many other agencies that will sprouted after to handle and manage the bill is also in the workings.

What we the tax payer will get is jobs that still nobody knows how they will be created and maintained and the tab with interest in the whole deal.

Then the banks are now in need of more money, so yes another bail out will be very soon in the table also.

Tell me that you still don't see anything wrong with this yet.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Here's some interesting things I found in here:

appropriations.house.gov...
Homeland Security Appropriations.

REAL ID: $100 million, $50 million above 2008, to help states to comply with REAL ID, which requires state licenses to meet new standards in order to be used for federal identification purposes. This includes $50 million for DHS to develop a data "hub" that links state DMVs to other record-keeping agencies to allow State governments to verify applicants' identity documents when they apply for new drivers licenses.

Most States are against this Real ID as it is up to the state according to the tenth amendment that states:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

This includes licensing such a drivers license, marriage license, and identification. State constitutions across the entire US have this power reserved to their jurisdictions and the REAL ID is a violation thereof.

There's a heel of alot more..But if they're slipping this Draconian crap in then god knows what else. This stuff is in this bill. Stuff that most Americans are against.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
DO any of you care to recognize the third of the bill dedicated to tax cuts?

That being said the total cost - less the cuts is half a trillion and change.

HEY but the 1.35 trillion in tax cuts in 2001 was fine, right?

thought so...

I read a 15 page summary of this bill...

YOU neocons got me worked up - I think the bill is much tighter than the TARP crap.

ALL the ado smells like WILLIAM AYERS and BARRY SATORO and HE'S,,,, HE'S and ARAB....

AMEN GOP

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

First of all no one here is a neo-con. You seem to think that because most of disagree with Obama that somehow we love Bush or whatever and this isn't the case. BOTH political parties are in this for themselves.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
One of the issues that we need to understand is that the economical stimulus first purpose is to finance our deficit debt, then stimulate the economy

Any person that knows economics know that you do not finance your debt without a commitment to pay back because it only accumulates interest and you will need more financing to be able to make ends meet.

This become a cycle and one that is difficult to get away from.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It wasn't a third, it was 20%. So, how does a tax cut not benefit anyone?
I, personally love when the government stays out of my pocket.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Most of the tax cut brought up by the Republicans will benefit as usual their favorite part of the population in he wealthiest of the nation.

America hard working tax payer doesn't need a miserable tax cut they need long lasting jobs that will not disappear once the money is gone.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

VERY VERY SAD DAY TODAY!!

My world was shattered with truth today!!

I don't have the words nor the rage anymore to say exactly what I think..... but I have posted many earlier - plus I think my signature says it all!

BTW: I LOVE THE AVATAR - AWESOME!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

How about the railway system connecting Disneyland to Las Vegas?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You bring up a great point. The jobs created will disappear once the contracts have expired. And woes be to the man who has a part-time job who quits it for a full-time/temp job on a government contract, because once the money has ran out, he's just another statistic.

Complaining or even discussing tax-cuts?!!!

haha
... HAHAHA! Guess what, first of all, I LOVE the idea of a Tax-Cut, however you want to call it. However, I won't get my hopes up, the DEBT OF THIS BILL, far and away overbalances ANY tax cut they are going to give us. Even IF you factor the Government Jobs into the equation.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Pork, pork and more pork.....

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It sounds like the congressmen did not get enough time to read the bill. I heard a reporter (Glenn Beck- I think) attempt to read part of it today and it wearied me to try and understand even the little bit I heard. If you were able to wrap your head around all 1,100 plus pages and believe that it sounds like a winner then I am happy for you. Go ahead and bet your last dollar it will be more useful as toilet paper soon IMO.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by aquiesce
reply to post by questioningall

How about the railway system connecting Disneyland to Las Vegas?

Lord, I need to get some ibuprofen.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You'd be better off with a tranquilizer; it'd help more.

I am sure this bill might do a tiny bit of good in the short term. But, in the long run, we are being saddled with tons of debt that our kids and grandkids are going to still be dealing with when they are our age.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Boy, I know where you are coming from, the more I read and hear, the more I am getting pissed off.

Hello, where is the change????????

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aquiesce
Maybe, the Republicans had their rude awakening and might do a little better in the future.
I hope this is true.
This bill has two years to make good or I think Obama will have a house full of conservatives to deal with for the second half of his term.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join