It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One Member Read the Stimulus Bill??!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Leader Boehner speaks before the House after House Democrats push through an 1,100 page, trillion-dollar spending bill with less than 12 hours of public review time.

www.youtube.com...

This is inexcusable. Any government that operates this way is reckless and devious. Shame on them. They are making a mockery of our system of government. I really wish I could express my anger, but it would all get deleted. It IS time for a revolution.

How can anyone be proud of this bill? What a joke!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

So what is it that you are so angry about that you want to start a revolution over?

The part that few people took time to read a 1100 page bill?

or... the fact that it cost a trillion dollars?

or... that somewhere in there you found out you were only getting $400 from the government this year in your tax return?

Hey, I like that Avatar, it has some really nice colors in there.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I guess I would be proud, if I lived in say, San Fransisco and cared about spending $30mil on saving the marsh's harvest mice.

But since I don't live there, I can't see how that will help me out.

But hey, I still get my $13 extra per paycheck!! Yippee!! Yay Stimulus!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
They did the same crap with the Patriot Act. Not a single one of them had read the bill in it's entirety, yet voted almost unanimously for it. They're all useless in my opinion..

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

All of it has me angry!!!

I'm not mad that few people took the time to read it, but that they were not given the time to read it. I think the PTB that rushed this piece of work through more or less are acknowledging that it is a piece of trash as they didn't even have the guts to let it be read.

I can't wait for the Obama dog-and-pony road show to drum up support for it to begin.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Same thing happened with the TARP bill. Original bill was shot down when it was only a couple of pages long. They then offered a massive document and your Reps passed it in a day or two.

These guys are too busy to read a bill like that. They have a break coming up next week, they need to plan for their time off.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yeah, 1100 pages of a new bill that is named "Emergency Bill", nothing new Obama delivers, he likes to bamboozle the american public just like all politicians.
I gotta give him credit, though. All the liberal spending he had planned on bringing in over the next four years got done within 30 days of him coming into office. Just give it a threatening name and make it impossible to disect.

Things need to change and it won't happen with this string puppet.

Maybe, the Republicans had their rude awakening and might do a little better in the future.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Hey, they had more important things to do. Don't you realize that Monday is a holiday for federal employees? It had to be passed today so that those hard-working people in DC could have a well deserved holiday weekend. With as much work as they put in, they deserve it....they know it, so they didn't need to read it. They had holiday plans to get to.

....after leaving for a bit to go vomit....

The Dems have the power now and they are showing that they are not shy about wielding it.

They don't work for us; they work for themselves.

And, it is sickening. Every freaking part of this is sickening.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Occurs they don't read the bill and neither they wrote anything in it, but rest assure that our Pimps the lobbyist and private interest lawyers spend quite some time putting the darn piece of crap together.

And Trust me neither you or me where in their minds and harts when they did it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Excellent points, you raise a good question, and not to sound naive, but could we have until 11:00pm last night even if we wanted to?

I am just as exhausted by the dog and pony show as anyone, can you link us where to find it now? Perhaps we can begin to dissect it properly.

Your title made me feel guilty...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Not to mention Pelosi had to hurry and jump on a jet to freakin Europe. She can't miss her flight on her taxpayer paid JET.

I stated this in another thread, and I'll state it here as well.

HOW IN ANY REASONING CAN ANYONE THINK THIS WAS OK?

HOW?

Someone tell me. ANYONE. Tell me what justifies this.

I want it now. Who approves of this garbage?

Give me some answers. What justifies the passage of a bill without READING IT?

tell me!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

you can read it here

Division A and Division B are the bill text

Warning: HUGE .pdf files

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by LLoyd45

What baffles me is how they vote NOT KNOWING what is in the bill. What if someone threw in an earmark reenacting slavery as legal!? Can you imagine how stupid they would all look?

This just goes to demonstrate how our "reps" are BEING TOLD how to vote and most likely being offered "protection" for doing so, otherwise they would have to actually read the bill before voting.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
geez, 1100 pages??? no wonder nobody read the thing, lol. in all seriousness though, we are in serious trouble here....they can only prop everything up for so long, i wish they would just let it all fall already so that we can give the government a major overhaul. our system of credit right now is ridiculous, was bound to implode from the beginning.
on a completely different note, if any veteran ATS'rs can U2U me i have a quick question and i'm not getting an answer in the questions forum, it would be helpful and thank you

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm still reserving judgement on obama, but this seems to me exactly the kind of thing that I would have railed bush about.

The evidence so far seems to say that he is little better than dubya - just wrapped up in different paper.

I'll wait and see some more .......

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

He has only been in roughly under thirty days, I would think he would be shining during that time. Not so, he could have easily been more open to the public about the new bill, but, obviously he was afraid the support of the stimulus bill was losing support from the american public, and I am sure the more we will find out about it the angrier we will get.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by aquiesce]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That's why I said I reserve judgement.

I'm across the pond, so whatever he does affects me - even though I wish it didn't.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I found it telling that, in his statement in the floor debate, Mr. Dave Obey (D-WI), Chairman of the Appropriations Committee said this:

The worst thing that people can do in this town is to believe their own baloney. And I think what the likelihood is on this bill is that supporters of the bill are inclined to overstate its possibilities and opponents, as we see here today, are certainly inclined to trash it. I was criticized in the Rules Committee last night, and again on the Floor today, because I frankly said I do not know how many jobs this bill is likely to produce. What I do know is that the consensus of economists around the country is that this bill will save or create several million jobs. Exactly how many will be determined by history.”

I included the whole paragraph to keep it in context but the part I found hilarious was the bolded part.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
-P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword, the other is by debt."
- John Adams

No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session.
-Mark Twain (1866 )

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ive said it before, I will say it again: WHO keeps voting these worthless people back into these positions? And Obama is their pet. They keep him on a leash and tell him to sit or roll over and he does. Then they put him up on a pedestal and say: awwww look, hes awesome, hes the best - here is his blue ribbon!

There is a reason I did not vote for Obama. He has no backbone. No balls. He has zero capability of running this country and obviously he doesn't have the best interest of us little people on his mind.

How on this Earth could our President Obama think that most of the crap in that bill is good for us? Did he read any of it? Does he even care? There is NOTHING in that bill that will have any bearing on me or anyone I know. But I bet it will help out all the friends of those who signed it! Lucky them!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join