It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivor: Tocantins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
So, any Survivor fans here?

Was an interesting twist to the start of it...i.e. the two tribes had to "vote out" someone right off the bat, before even making for camp....

But...these two actually then got out of the 4 hour trek (longer for one of the tribes, as they seemed to have gotten lost), and got a helicopter ride instead, plus a choice: look for the idol, or start setting up camp...

Maybe it's just me, but didn't really see any standout characters yet, but I'm sure that will change as there are less and less people to focus on. The one standout of this episode is the one who got voted off (and rightly so, imho...as I would have written her name down too, hehe...)

The first person axed was a unanimous decision, and wasn't the old lady... Man, that's when you know your people skills suck...(of course, her poor challenge performance didn't help...)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow, I guess after so many seasons, nobody watches? Hehe....

Well, it's still an excellent study in human relations and people skills. Last night's vote was an excellent example of how one can behave as to alienate a total group of strangers when another was on the chopping block....

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hey G, I had tivoed it and just finished watching the first episode.

I skipped the last 2 or 3 Survivors cause I was getting a little bored with the whole thing but I think will give this one a chance.

Anyway, it's a little early to see how this one will play out, Sandy (the older lady) is annoying and so is the self proclaimed renaissance soccer coach.
I really like the Kate Hudson lookalike that helped her tribe out while they were getting to camp.

Tis true it is an interesting observation of human social interaction whilst under pressure, to a degree, it is still after all a relatively controlled environment.

In the end it is the personalities of the various players that make the show. I'm waiting for those to emerge to see if I wlll stick to watching this season.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I watch and am still amazed at the level of stupidity exhibited by some players. Take for instance Sandy. She doesn't know what a pace is? She's talking about how old and wise she is, yet in all her years she never heard or learned the term "ten paces"? I just shook my head at that.

Anyway, I'm cheering for Jerry, the big sergeant. I like how he says he doesn't want to take the lead because the leaders get voted off. Meanwhile he's got a hundred men under him in the service. LOL. He's probably just itching to jump in and start barking orders. I hope he wins.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yeah, the "pace" bit unnerved me... How do you live that long and never hear of that term? She obviously didn't find it yet, and the idol clues have never been difficult.... :shk:

Leaders do have bad luck though...it's usually the under the radar ones that win....

I actually wanted Sugar to win last season, but I was happy to see Bob get it too... He (and Richard Hatch) have been about the only "deserving" winners of the show...

I'd basically be a "Bob" type on the show, though not as old, but I doubt I would last as long, as my leader tendencies would come out as I saw people being idiots around me....

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Another episode tonight...

and so is the self proclaimed renaissance soccer coach.

Yep, he's likely already marked for early termination....

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Another unanimous broadside elimination, as the lawyer gal gets booted off. Seems the loudmouths, not the weaklings, are getting voted off first this season...

Still though, Sandy and Sierra still have to get themselves off the chopping block of their respective tribes.

I'm surprised how much influence Coach seems to have had...

The NFL wife sure tipped her hat... NFL retirees aren't exactly poor, so now everyone regards her as not needing the money. Couple that with her physical stamina, and she's not long for leaving either...

Nice coverup by Sierra on the hole being dug for the next idol clue... (Of course, I would have dug a trench from about 9 paces away, and for about 5' or so, found the idol, and used a "Latrine" excuse myself...and pulled up the stick)....

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Just watched this this morning while I had my coffee and it did not surprise me at all. The people who play the game well are those who keep their mouth shut and follow along supporting the power players.

Have these people learned nothing??

I think the final three will be coach, brendan ( sp? ) and a random someone no one ever thought would be there and that person will win.

And they all need to learn how to make fake idols !! That was brilliant.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yeah, but Bob's looked really good. He wasn't the first to try the fake idol gambit, but he certainly did it the best of anyone...

I don't know if Coach will make it that far...he's pretty mouthy, but it seems as though he somehow convinced everyone to vote off the lawyer... Thing is though, early leaders rarely last long on the show...

I never could get how they never fish prior to getting fishing gear... With a bamboo pole and a large palm thorn, you could make a VERY servicable fishing spear... Heck, I speared fish with a homeade spear when I was in gradeschool for goodness sakes!

It's like a couple of days in, and they're already trying grubs and termites....

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Coach is a BIG MOUTH and I predict he will soon find more trouble..

Sierra is impressive right off the bat, as is the "Big Sgt"

And my the way..

I NEVER miss an episode.. (Just found this thread)

Did anyone notice that there was only one challenge this time? This early on especially, they usually have two.. Reward and Immunity..

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Oh yeah

Terry was the greatest player to ever play the game by the way!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Terry?

I know there was a Terry on Panama..but can't really remember...

I liked that one guy Michael, who caught the boar...until his dumb arse fell into the fire....

But Rupert was still one of my favorites, as was Yow-man (actually ran into him in person once, at the Universal park in Orlando)... Was funny, I was the only person who recognized him...

Stefanie (the one on a season and the all-stars) was a personal favorite too, as much for the eye candy as her spirit... She overcame stuff that would have other gals ballin' their eyes out...what a trooper.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I believe who DA is talking about is Terry Deitz...

Naval Aviator and on Survivor Panama..

Some consider him to have played the most honorable game ever..

I believe even Jeff said that Terry deserved to win more than anyone has...

Semper

Terry Survivor

[edit on 2/23/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
For an army guy, Jerry sure is weak. He is really disappointing me. My guess is he may have caught a bug or parasite maybe? I don't know.

Coach has got to go. He is so judgmental. Not about ego, LOL.. His ego his frickin' huge! All I know is, when a team is going badly, the coach is the first to go. Vote him off!

[edit on 28-2-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Coach really gets on my nerves..

Sierra is the one we got in the office pool, so everyone root for her!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I still haven't had time to watch last week's episode...

Oh well, maybe tonight, after loading up Heroes....

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
No real surprises this week...

I correctly anticipated the Survivor that was voted off.. (Bout time too)

When you watch it, you will see what I mean..

I don't want to spoil it for you..

Looks like this week gets exciting though..

Semper

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yep, no surprise there...

As for last night's episode, it's obvious JT is really running that tribe, and "T" just about put herself on the chopping block...(and how dumb was she to let that guy hold on to the immunity idol?) Might want to have him deeper in the fold before putting that kind of trust in someone...

They got rid of a fairly strong guy though, sure he was weak in the last challenge, but they just considerably weakened their whole tribe....

Should be interesting to see if the secret 4 alliance strategy works out...my bet is that the producers will switch it up, that they have to send someone to Exile that hasn't been there before....

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
::relentless mod worship::

Oh thank you, thank you! Somehow I missed the premire (probably on ATS voicing my lil opinion about this or that) and following episodes, tuned in last night and felt so lost.
Thanks so much for posting updates, at least I can get my bearings a little bit.

Last season favs were Bob & Sugar.

Now I'm going to reveal an embarassing truth about Whisper67! ::blush:: I love watching Big Brother and can't wait till it returns. It's my guilty pleasure. Only my husband knows of my obcession. LOL I even watch Afterdark every night! You get so much real info vs the package they deliver on the show. Lucky for me, and the husband, I live in bedrock and do not have DSL so I can't watch online or I'd be signed up for that too! LOL Okay, I'm totally embarassed! Backspack, delete, nooo don't hit that post button....

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I may have to look into that AfterDark thing...would be nice to see the more unedited persona/character of a contestant, as we're certainly only seeing how they want us to view someone....

Ahh...Sugar...beauty and brains...was no way for her to win though, due to the amount of Bob's former tribemates on the jury... Only too late did the pompous arses realize who was the real mastermind....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join