It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those little blue 911 signs on your house....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
As someone who has responded to emergencies numerous times I think I understand the logic behind this project. True most of my responses have always been in Manhattan where it's fairly easy to find the address of the 40 story apartment building you're going to
, but at the same time I've also found myself upstate pointing a spotlight out towards houses because the owner of the house doesn't understand that his beautifully carved house number doesn't glow in the dark. A simple sign with your address on it on a reflective material helps tremendously. Personally I've always encouraged it, and to be quite honest, if someone is to paranoid to install a visible house number, be my guest. Just don't whine when it takes a firetruck or ambulance an extra 5 minutes to find where the hell you are. Those 5 minutes might be important.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Aha...and UN Blue...what a pretty color!!

What really irks me is them being made mandatory here in Maine. I don't know what the penalty for using them is going to be, but they aren't going up on my house, or lawn, or whatever...

Why do law enforcement types constantly have justifications for every new privacy-invasive scheme that comes along??? Do they think they will be the good faithful little lapdogs that get a pat on the head from their masters in the NWO for ever?? ....NOT....when their usefulness has passed it's a bullet in the back of the head for them too.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Actually, Blue is just a good contrast for white numering which would show up better in the dark against such a color. That reminds me, I have to get my new house numbers up this week! I hadn't thought of that since the move and having a child thats asthmatic (thanks chemtrails) its not good to be hard to find though we usually provide our own transport to medical facilities. Still, one never knows when one will need EMS.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sometimes I really have to ask what the hell is wrong with some people here. Like I said before, if you don't like the idea of making your address visible to people, don't. Who cares. But don't bitch and moan when someone in your house ends up needing help and the rescue workers can't find your house.

Apparently those of you who possess less intelligence than they do paranoid theories believe that if you don't put up a glow in the dark sign you will remain anonymous to the government. Hey whatever makes you happy. It says your damn address on it, not your name and how much taxes you paid last year. I suppose those of you who are so adamantly against these signs also don't receive any mail to your home since "they" will know you're there right?

In NYC (particularly Brooklyn and Queens) many families have been purchasing luminescent red numbers to clearly display their house number for purposes like what astrocreep said. Is it the fact that their's are red and not blue that bothers you? I can not believe that an initiative like this can make people scream "new world order".

I suggest you cancel your credit cards, all mail, cable service, and phone service because you know... wouldn't want people to see who you are.

[Edited on 4-14-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Do you understand the meaning of liberty?? Did you take an oath?? I guess maybe we're just a lot more self-sufficient up here in the woods than you city folk...Obviously a whole different mindset here...(Patrick Henry and I would have been good buddies, I guess.) Real liberty means deciding to be anonymous if you want to be, and to whatever degree you want to be. I don't need your intrusive "protection" mandates thank you. If I ever need a law enforement person, or a fire protection person I can describe the one house on this stretch of road pretty well, and I live far enough from the nearest fire house that it won't make any difference if they find the smoking ruins or not, really.

What I really object to is the bureacratic attitude expressed by you and most of the uniformed agents I encounter. It's like the people are here to serve you!! Duh, it's the other way around, pal...or at least it used to be before they federalized you all. I don't need someone mandating that I put a UN identification tag on my lawn or on my house. I do not have proof that that is what they are, but I choose not to take any chances. I've seen enough of the UN designs for coordination of the martial law process in this country to opt out of this little part of the plan...thank you!

Cops...you guys need to stop feeling like we all owe you a single additional inch of our liberties in return for our safety. Look up Office Jack McLamb on the internet and get yourself an education about what being a true "public servant" really means.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot
Do you understand the meaning of liberty?? Did you take an oath?? I guess maybe we're just a lot more self-sufficient up here in the woods than you city folk...Obviously a whole different mindset here...(Patrick Henry and I would have been good buddies, I guess.) Real liberty means deciding to be anonymous if you want to be, and to whatever degree you want to be. I don't need your intrusive "protection" mandates thank you. If I ever need a law enforement person, or a fire protection person I can describe the one house on this stretch of road pretty well, and I live far enough from the nearest fire house that it won't make any difference if they find the smoking ruins or not, really.

What I really object to is the bureacratic attitude expressed by you and most of the uniformed agents I encounter. It's like the people are here to serve you!! Duh, it's the other way around, pal...or at least it used to be before they federalized you all. I don't need someone mandating that I put a UN identification tag on my lawn or on my house. I do not have proof that that is what they are, but I choose not to take any chances. I've seen enough of the UN designs for coordination of the martial law process in this country to opt out of this little part of the plan...thank you!

Cops...you guys need to stop feeling like we all owe you a single additional inch of our liberties in return for our safety. Look up Office Jack McLamb on the internet and get yourself an education about what being a true "public servant" really means.

I don't think anyone is trying to take anything away from you on this one....

I honestly see this as a good thing, some people need this, so that if they ever need help, it will get there.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot

Mepatriot, I have the feeling djarums is in the firefighting/ems side of things. I would agree with his logic, and with our new house being in the sticks I am more apt to do just a thing. The front of my house is well lit but off the road somewhat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join