It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Banks Want to Return Government Money

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I don't know marg, but we need one topic to investigate this, all the topics are to scattered on this subject.

I am pretty good at research but have trouble putting the puzzle together

Then to do that we most go back 20 years ago to see how our nations economy became from and industrialized economy of builders and producers to a nation of consumerism base on loans, credit and debt.

This didn't happen over night it happens gradually during our life time and just recently in the last 5 years our nation became so week economically due to been supporter by consumerism to finally collapse.

And collapsing we are its just that manipulation of the banking institutions while pumping money that we actually will have to borrow from other nations is not going to fix anything.

This will be a great topic for research, and ATS have plenty of information.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

More than 20 years most likely.

WOW,

My brain aint what it used to be, but I would love to see what we can come up with.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I found this line in the story interesting:

"worry that the government may intrude further into their businesses"

Uh, yeah people - that's a basic and common ideal of the Democratic party - larger government with more regulations in every facet of business! What the hell did you think was going to happen when you put a Democratic majority into Congress!?

[edit on 12-2-2009 by sos37]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I say we throw all of the bank CEOs in jail right now, No executive priveledges, no attorneys or lawyers, treat them as terrorists and send them directly to guantanamo bay!! They are in diar need of waterboarding.
And while they are in there, we should go through all the banking accounts, and raid all of their homes!!

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I found this line in the story interesting:

"worry that the government may intrude further into their businesses"

Uh, yeah people - that's a basic and common ideal of the Democratic party - larger government with more regulations in every facet of business! What the hell did you think was going to happen when you put a Congressional majority into Congress!?

Wasn't it Ronald Reagan that started the deregulation of the lending industry, that started this mess in the first place?

I'm all for the government butting out of private business, but without regulation on gigantic industries, this is what we get. The ultra rich get even more greedy. Again, how much money is enough for these people?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

Yes he was, the take over by corporate America was due thanks to Reganomics.

He put our nation into the hands of the greedy rats that now runs the nation, while we wither in debt they are fat with their profits and rewards.

Now when I did my OP a few years back on corporations in America here in ATS I went as back as Nixon era after all it was under him that we went from gold trade dollar to the petro dollar he opened the door to corporate take over but his scandal postpone it then it wasn't until Regan that it was brought back again.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by marg6043]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join