It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Banks Want to Return Government Money

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Some Banks Want to Return Government Money

www.nytimes.com

Even before the government announced its latest efforts to fix the troubled banking industry on Tuesday, executives at Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley said they wanted to repay the money quickly. Both banks received $10 billion under the first rescue plan last fall.

Paying back all those funds would be difficult in this tough economic environment. But banking executives worry that the government may intrude further into their businesses as long as they are beholden to Washington.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If they didn't need the friggin money, why the hell did they take it?

The only reason they want to give it back is because the government is limiting the pay and benefits of the top people, limiting their H1B workers and regulating the banks so they can't pull the kinds of underhanded bull they've been pulling for the last 16 years.

They are all bald faced liars thieves and embezzlers. I opposed the bailout then and I oppose it now. Take all the money back and let them fall on their big fat faces.

www.nytimes.com

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Yes, it is better to be the head rather than the tail . I assume some of the banks are indeed not liking what little they have seen with the government dictating their moves.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
They all need to be audited. These banks that had taken this money seem to think they give it back without any penalties are sadly mistaken. The NEW guidelines under all FDIC banks etc. have to be regulated in order to INSURE the public that the recent crash and it's contributing factors and their 'associations' are NEVER allowed to be repeated again.....It's too late now. NO DO OVERS

[edit on 11-2-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
And . . . if anybody watched the hirings today, when the question was asked to the banker CEOs if they will be needing more TARP money before the economical crisis was over, They all decided not to respond to that.

Wanting to pay back and having to take more money for years to come to keep afloat are two different things.

After all if they fail we the tax payer will be screw anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
good there own greed is kicking in now lol
imagine if they actually let anyone look at those books
they will find the money no problem they always had it
i mean when you invent your own money how do you go broke when your company has been around for a hundred years how do you just go broke let the snakes eat the snakes now

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I seriously have not stopped laughing YET! Only because this is sooo ludicrous! So, now that there's some strings and people are starting to talk seriously about accountability, it's not that much of a crisis? OMG, we have definitely been duped! Did they need the money or NOT? This is the boy crying wolf. Who's EVER going to believe them again? I just don't understand .. or, I guess more accurately, don't WANT to understand that world they all (banks AND government) live in.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
well how long have the banks had the money now if they recieved a billion that means they could loan out at least 100 billion
they have had the money now for what 3-4 months they probably have make billions off it already

the gov should hit them with a balloon payment because they want to pay it off early

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dean007
well how long have the banks had the money now if they recieved a billion that means they could loan out at least 100 billion
they have had the money now for what 3-4 months they probably have make billions off it already

the gov should hit them with a balloon payment because they want to pay it off early

I am sure this bank made a big buke from the money in the speculation market and now want to return the money without any interest.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
What? No "Significant Penalties for Early Withdrawal"????

IF you're old enough to remember THAT buzz-phrase/soundbite you're old enough to realize that these jerks MANUFACTURED this CRISIS - as they ALWAYS HAVE.

Suddenly there are trillions of 'negative' values in our economy..., tell me, if the money was ACTUALLY THERE to begin with, where is it NOW?

This smells more and more fishy to me. I think the unwary and unwitting public were made to make a massive wealth deposit to some unrecognized entity; and all the rest is political 'show biz' as usual.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Exactly Maxamars, and still is not guarantee that this banking entities will no be in need of more tax payer money in the months to comes and even years.

See the door already has been opened to keep the banks afloat at the expenses of tax payer money.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't have anything to add.

My sentiments have already been expressed in the above posts.

Criminals, all of them.

[edit on 2/12/2009 by saturnsrings]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

If they didn't need the friggin money, why the hell did they take it?

www.nytimes.com

There is someting fishy about this whole situation,

In our state many local banks turned down the money, most of the money went to Chicago,

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Interesting also that most of the banks that took the money were the big financial institutions, many of the smaller banks didn't.

It sound to me like a bribery or either a very splendid gift, but for what.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I started this topic , one post?

One?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On Thursday Sept 15, 2008 at roughly 11 AM The Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw down of money market accounts in the USA to the tune of $550 Billion dollars in a matter of an hour or two. Money was being removed electronically.

The Treasury tried to help, opened their window and pumped in $150 Billion but quickly realized they could not stem the tide. We were having an electronic run on the banks. So they decided to closed down the accounts.

Had they not closed down the accounts they estimated that by 2 PM that afternoon. Within 3 hours. $5.5 Trillion would have been withdrawn and the entire economy of the United States would have collapsed, and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed.

Maybe it is some how related

.atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

with video

www.capitalismgonewild.com...

I still believe someone is manipulating the markets.

Just like Maurice Strong threatened to crash the stock market.

As Soros did in England.

George Soros called to account by US politicians over global financial crisis
Five of the world's richest hedge fund managers, including George Soros, the man who the broke the Bank of England, have been called to account by US politicians for their role in the collapse of the global financial system.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Time magazine has characterized financier George Soros as a "modern-day Robin Hood," who robs from the rich to give to the poor countries of eastern Europe and Russia. It claimed that Soros makes huge financial gains by speculating against western central banks, in order to use his profits to help the emerging post-communist economies of eastern Europe and former Soviet Union, to assist them to create what he calls an "Open Society." The Time statement is entirely accurate in the first part, and entirely inaccurate in the second. He robs from rich western countries, and uses his profits to rob even more savagely from the East, under the cloak of "philanthropy." His goal is to loot wherever and however he can. Soros has been called the master manipulator of "hit-and-run capitalism."

As we shall see, what Soros means by "open," is a society that allows him and his financial predator friends to loot the resources and precious assets of former Warsaw Pact economies. By bringing people like Jeffrey Sachs or Sweden's Anders Aslund and their economic shock therapy into these economies, Soros lays the groundwork for buying up the assets of whole regions of the world at dirt-cheap prices.

www.questionsquestions.net...

It is deeply rooted in the occult.

[edit on 092828p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 092828p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes I read that, but I figure that is was caused by some moment of panic, but it this was done by some selective entity it could have mean a terrorist attack on the US economy.

I tell you I don't trust any longer what our own government tells us.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

The only reason they want to give it back is because the government is limiting the pay and benefits of the top people, limiting their H1B workers and regulating the banks so they can't pull the kinds of underhanded bull they've been pulling for the last 16 years.

They are all bald faced liars thieves and embezzlers. I opposed the bailout then and I oppose it now. Take all the money back and let them fall on their big fat faces.

here's a read that you may appreciate:

www.agorafinancial.com...

there are actually two articles on the same scroll page...
its not an article and then a series of replies,

thanks

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Interesting also that most of the banks that took the money were the big financial institutions, many of the smaller banks didn't.

It sound to me like a bribery or either a very splendid gift, but for what.

I don't know marg, but we need one topic to investigate this, all the topics are to scattered on this subject.

I am pretty good at research but have trouble putting the puzzle together

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes I read that, but I figure that is was caused by some moment of panic, but it this was done by some selective entity it could have mean a terrorist attack on the US economy.

I tell you I don't trust any longer what our own government tells us.

I know, I know, marg

I have some old research from a few years ago that point to the fact this was planned,

Back when i posted it on another forum it was considered wacky, now it has happened.

I will try to post some of it later.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So there is no winning for these banks with you guys is there? No matter what they do?

Let them pay the money back with the interest that has accrued over the past four months and let that be that. Whatever the reason, the banks have as much right as you and I do to pay off an unwanted loan ahead of schedule.

I can't blame the banks one bit for not wanting to be 'held accountable' or having to show the public 'transparency.' Being forced into things like that is bad for business.

Maybe you guys think that because of the taxpayer investment we should put elected officials on the banks board of directors? Or every single transaction above a certain amount that the bank makes should be approved by congress? Banks absolutely want to avoid that kind of mess.

Get the government out of the loan industry and if we can get some of our money back awesome. The sooner the better.

Edited for clarity.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Aquin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join