It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Languages

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
When I allow my "inner self" a chance to come out, I write in three distinct scripts, with each one being more complicated than the first.

This is amazing. Do you notice consistency in the scripts (ideographs, glyphs, whatever you want to call it) that you use? As in, using the same symbols that you used months ago, in things you're writing fresh? Or does the language change/evolve?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
By the way...in the video Ian posted the Preacher keeps invoking "Fire! Fire! Fire!". Its not the first time I hear that in context of speaking in tongues...

...wonder why...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Now, I've always seen this language (if you will) as having spiritual connotations, in that those that write "my" script all have the belief of guardians, gates, and the return of an ancient race to reclaim this world (coming from different realms of reality).

It could very well be just an other example of a collective memory.

In school, when I got bored, I would write on and on and on in this foreign language which had very specific reoccuring letters. When the teacher would come check what I´m doing and demand to see the papers I had filled top to bottom, it always embarassed me because I couldnt explain what I was doing.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

I have been around a couple different people who have started speaking in tongues and it was really creepy. Might I mention, I knew the people and on 2 seperate occasions.

Ive been around them too. From my understanding its like what other posters said..."the mind tunes out" to let something spiritual "in".

I never did feel comfortable on those ocassions though because I wasnt sure of the quality/source of what was being "let in".

How did you feel about it while it was happening?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
For Ian McLean...

Concerning an evolution in the writing... not really; the script tends to remain within the three categories I made mention of earlier. I have noted, however, that when writing at a leisurely pace, the writing tends to bounce between style 1 and 2, but the more hurried I am, the more... anxious and, oh, what's the word... when my other feels rushed, that there is not enough time to say something, it has to be said now, there isn't enough time... then it goes to the third type and stays there until the energy to write is gone.

The writing, in case anyone is wondering, type one involves a lot of curves and arches, with the occasional crossing lines. Type 2 more detail / involvement, more curves per character... there will sometimes be a vertical line with small quick dashes and intersecting curves. The third type is very complex, vertical lines, horizontal lines, dashes, and the curves (a lot) will be either short like the previous two, or longer that equal in size to the vertical line.

There is this strange side story. I have been hunting for a tome called The Third Book of Magic, something that tells of the Watchers and Guardians and their significance during... a future event... but, I have to find it, let alone come across any reference to it. One day, someone told me that since my "inner" already knows about it, just to write it myself; getting into a relaxed state of mind, and doing automatic writing, I got a few pages of this script I've been referring to, before I got too taxed.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I did not like it. It did not feel like a resonate tone I would want to be around at all.

No Voodoo dolls for you Sky.... LOL

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I have had the same concerns about automatic writing. You neve rknow what is actually doing the writing.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There is Idioglossia (cryptophasia) as well, which is an Idiosyncratic Language invented and spoken usually by twin children.

en.wikipedia.org...

As for me, sometimes you could say I write in another language but it is all down to how rushed I am when note taking. I don't usually make notes and as a result I have fall behind and end up scribbling them down to the point where I will miss all manner of word shapes out just to speed things up and to other people they become un readable but generally I can still read them.

I am a packrat so chances are I might still have some pieces of writing were my handwriting degenerated to such a ridiculous point that it starts out as English and ends up looking like some sort of messed up Persian or Sanskrit text by the end.

But I can't say that I have honestly used or formed my own language or writing system. What happens when I am rushed is accidental at best :-P

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
I have had the same concerns about automatic writing. You neve rknow what is actually doing the writing.

On the other hand, there's also a lot of amazing material coming from automatic writing (neale donald walsh comes to mind)...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Marshall Ormus

Idioglossia is interesting. I had a girlfriend with which I could speak three different languages...and in the process of that we eventually invented words which were a mixture of all three.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by cindymars

I have been around a couple different people who have started speaking in tongues and it was really creepy. Might I mention, I knew the people and on 2 seperate occasions.

Ive been around them too. From my understanding its like what other posters said..."the mind tunes out" to let something spiritual "in".

I never did feel comfortable on those ocassions though because I wasnt sure of the quality/source of what was being "let in".

How did you feel about it while it was happening?

I was in a situation once - I was with a couple of friends - and one of my friends went from being completely present and coherent to having some sort of break with reality

she began babbling about nothing -

now, I don't know for sure, but I have to assume that there were some drugs involved (don't know what kind) - definitely some drinking - so, this part wasn't all that unusual

after a certain point though it took a twist and it became obvious very quickly that she needed help - but we were in a situation where you couldn't just pick up the phone

my other friend went to find help - and I was left alone, in almost total darkness, outside - trying to both restrain and calm a hysterical, hallucinating woman who was trying to hurt herself - and me

this went on for about an hour (I'm guessing)

suddenly she calmed down - started staring at something - and began chanting in what I guess must have been Latin - I don't speak Latin - but that's what it sounded like to me at the time

it wasn't just a word blurted out here or there - it was long steady streams of language

now - I'm sure there's any number of places she could have learned Latin - she was Catholic - who knows

it went on and on - with her just sort of chanting - in a calm - almost monotone voice - until she saw "something" and became hysterical again

I had to really hold on to her this time - lucky for me she wasn't any bigger than me

finally my other friend returned - and had found someone who could get us back to town

we got her on an ambulance and I rode with them to the hospital - after a few hours she was fine

she doesn't remember any of it - and I never really told her all the details - just some of it

just enough to make it sound like a funny story she would be able to tell someday - but, it really wasn't that funny at the time - not to me

she swears she didn't have anything in her system - she also told me she didn't speak Latin (not that I know for sure that that's what it was - maybe it was just gibberish - there's no way I could know)

who knows what any of it was really about

all I know is - whatever she was saying sounded like language - not just random sounds - and it wasn't just the same words being repeated over and over

I'd give anything to know what it was she was saying - really

and I'd also love to know where it came from - what started it

just one of the creepier little experiences I've had in my life :-)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It reminds me of the writing by Leonardo da Vinci which was backwards (you need to make a mirror image of it to translate).

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Excellent thread!

I am going to post something I don't recall ever telling a single person.

When I was six, my 7 year old brother and I were walking home from school and he ran ahead of me to avoid the crosswalk guardian (he had knocked out his front teeth in hockey and although they thought it adorable - he didn't like the attention). He was hit by a car and died instantly

I have no memory for three years following this, but I put my parents through the ringer for about a year or two (that I obviously can't recall).

I would constantly talk to him, and when they tried to councel me on the fact that he was gone, I began talking in tongues. I had full blown conversations with him, apparently, to the point of my parents having to tell us both to "Go to bed", or "that's enough". I also started drawing strange glyphs, as described by my mom, and she said it looked like writing. She did not keep them.

It wasn't until many years later, she saw something on the internet about speaking in tongues, and she immediately said "That's what you sounded like!". It really creeped her out.

So this phenomena has always held an interest for me, even though I have no recollection, or evidence of it happening.

I too find the skeptic dictionary description disgusting.

Thank you for an interesting thread, as always. Edited typos!

[edit on 14-2-2009 by helpmefindtheway]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sorry to just jump right in.

But from what I've heard and read speaking in tongues is supposedly an Angelic language. Again supposedly the spirits are speaking through the individual and is uncontrollable.

Wiki

In Judaism and Christianity, it is unclear whether the language used by God to address Adam was the language of Adam, which as name-giver, (Gen 2:19) used it to name all living things, or if it was a different divine language. But since God is portrayed as using speech during the creation myth, and as addressing Adam before Gen 2:19, some authorities[citation needed] assumed that the language of God was different from the language of Paradise invented by Adam, while most medieval Jewish authorities maintained that the Hebrew language was the language of God.

Wiki I know I know

Dee's journals did not describe the language as "Enochian," instead preferring descriptors like "Angelical", the "Celestial Speech", the "Language of Angels", the "First Language of God-Christ," the "Holy Language," or "Adamical" because, according to Dee's Angels, it was used by Adam in Paradise to name all things. The term "Enochian" comes from Dee's assertion that the Biblical Patriarch Enoch had been the last human (before Dee and Kelley) to know the language.

The Angelic Language

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Thanks for sharing. I´ll confirm that I witnessed something eerily similar a long time ago but wont recount it because its not a fond memory.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

One of the most interesting accounts I`ve read this month. I hope others get to read it.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
The Angelic Language

Im assuming there are millions of lifeforms beyond our planet and physical universe and they all come with their own languages which can be spoken or written...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I can understand your not wanting to go over it Skyfloating - mine wasn't a great experience either

I haven't told it to many people - and when I have I've generally made it out to be a funnier story than it actually was - partly as a kindness to the woman in the story - partly because I know how the story actually sounds when I tell it straight

the thing of it is - I can never really explain in writing what it was like listening to the stuff that was coming out of her

fortunately - at the time - I was more concerned and focused with the real world parts of the situation - keeping her under some kind of control and getting her out of there - than I was on the strangeness of what I was listening to

I should add - I was completely sober for all of it

I know this is one of those subjects and one of those threads where it would be a bit much for me to expect to find an explanation - but I hope there are more people who chime in with opinions - I'd be very interested in hearing more

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

When I allow my "inner self" a chance to come out, I write in three distinct scripts, with each one being more complicated than the first.

Pretty cool, Soothsayer. Any chance we could see a sampling of your symbols and glyphs?

EDIT: Additional text.

Regarding the video, just more reason to not trust something that makes you twitch and spasm because Glossalalial is spoken.

Lisa Gerrard sings a lot of songs in Glossalalial.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by FreddyAuratus]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A very good and interesting story from Jorge Luis Borges:

Tlon

interglacial.com...

It is not just about language, but a completely different approach to existence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join