It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i hate my life.....i don't know what to do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i am at my wits end. i started a new job on monday but i already had to leave it. it was far too physical for me to do. it was at a factory packing wheelchairs and some of the wheelchairs weigh 150 lbs. i have degenerative disc disease in my back and i already had surgery and have a titanium cage in my back.
i feel totally lost. i am recently divorced and living back at my mothers house with no income coming in. my ex wife has been paying my cell phone bill for me.
today i just signed up for a seek work program through child support where they help place you but they said there are not that many jobs available. the only good thing is they have a program where they send you to truck driving school and it is free. that is really what i want to do but i don't know if it is going to happen.
i am kicking myself in the butt for leaving this job i just got but i had to. i felt like i was going to get hurt again and with no insurance i could not take that chance.
i just feel totally lost right now and very lonely. it is hard to go out and meet people when you are broke.
i just don't know what to do. i guess i will go to this work program on tuesday and try to grind it out. something has to give right...
man, life can really take a dump on you sometimes especially if you are injured. i am so paranoid about rupturing another disc and having to have surgery and not having the means to do it. it is the worst pain in the world.
it does not help that there are no jobs around here.
everything just blows right now.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
hmmm sorry bud cant help. only thing i can say is things could be worse, stick in there and try to stay positive.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Brother, If you can play as well as I think you can; go on Craigslist, find a crew looking for a picker. Maybe not the stuff you want to play but what the hell. Making music heals!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There's always someone worse off than you mate.

That's what I tell myself whenever I feel how you're feeling, which has been quite often the last few months.

Keeps me grounded.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

It's definitely a difficult situation mate.
Try and be more positive, i know it's hard...really i do... but you'll be surprised at the difference it can make.

If you believe good things will happen, they can and will happen.
Go to this "help back to work" thing with a smile on your face and just chat to people there... you'll be surprised at how many feel the way you do, perhaps even worse off.

You have a roof over your head and food to eat... family around that love you .
You are already so much better off than millions of people around the world.
There are plenty of skills you can learn online in your spare time, free courses and ways to get in to office work/IT...something that perhaps, considering your back issue, would help or be more beneficial.

let us know how it go's mate, and good luck too

Chin up dude

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
here's an idea, do you have a car and a phone put an ad in the paper advertise "Beer Delivery" No matter how bad or good the economy gets people drink beer.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so low.

I've had back problems - nowhere near as bad as yours - and I know how frustrating it can be. Until it gives you problems you just don't realise how much work your back does and how much you rely on it working properly.

Have you thought of meditation techniques? It's surprising how much relief you can get when you're in tune with your body.

Maybe there is a group of people near you who are into that sort of thing, or other healing techniques.

Don't feel alone, I'm not the only one who enjoys your threads and many people have already wished you well.

I hope your next post here will contain some better news. I'll look out for it.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish
i just feel totally lost right now and very lonely. it is hard to go out and meet people when you are broke.

Yhea that sucks... I know that feeling.

Hears a thought, if right now your not working a full week how about offering for a bit of volunteer work? Maybe a hospital or charity shop? Animal shelter maybe? I know it wont directly help to cash flow situation but you'd be getting your face out there and all that, you never know an opportunity you never thought of. and after all when you get another job they aint gonna hold it against you cos you gotta move on... You've given your time freely.

It worked for a house mate of mine, he was down in the dumps after coming to term with his drinking, worked down the cancer reasearch shop for a month and then got a job piloting and being a deck hand on the tourist sightseeing boat.

[edit on 11/2/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i do have a possible lead. i registered with the seek work program at the human services offices today and the lady running the joint has said that they have been sending people to truck driving school for free. that is really what i wanted to do anyway but to do it in the private sector is 5 grand. i go to my orientation on the 17th. maybe it will work out for me. i need to get some money coming in like right now.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Like I said in a post to you before truck driving never let me down, but you will need to pass a physical don't volunteer information, good luck
you might have to bite the bullet too entery level driving jobs can involve hand bombing. what you want to get is pin to pin, good luck

edit
you need money now deliver pizza

[edit on 11/2/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Keep the back problems hush hush as much as you can. Keep your chin up and keep it positive it will all work itself out in the end. If nothing else you hot ATS to keep you entertained.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
yeah i don't volunteer any of my back problems and i am sure i can make it through a physical. when i got this job the guy told me i was going to be doing assembly so i thought i was going to be on a line putting together parts of wheelchairs. on my feet but not a big deal. then i get there and they have me packing and it was hard as hell. the boxes are huge and you have to break down parts of the chairs. some of the power chairs weigh about 150 lbs. i just physically couldn't do it. i wanted the job cause it was at a good company and they hire in but i can not risk getting hurt. i have no insurance right now and if i get hurt again i am screwed. it was a real bummer that i had to leave but my body is more important right now.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If you are truly unable to work you should be eligible for disability.

I got approved the first time I applied.

My work history could have made a difference as I have been paying taxes on wages for 47 years. I paid it in and it's mine to get back.

An old friend came by my place today to help me install rotary tiller on my tractor today.I noticed he was very thin. I questioned him and discovered he was having to sleep in his car and was having a hard time finding work.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join