It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving in Australia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
What are the best ways to survive in Australia? I don't mean in the outback, I mean in the city. The main issue is that we don't have access to firearms or even crossbows, so we don't have any self-defence or powerful hunting tools.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Why do you believe you'd need weapons?

Have a read here to see what's happening in a real SHTF situation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
People can get firearms and crossbows pretty much anywhere in the world.
Just some places you need to jump through more hoops and have more of your personal privacy eroded to do so.
In a SHTF situation no city would be a good place to be.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I would subscribe to the good old fashioned principal of keeping out of altercations altogether.

Go for a bow and arrow if you need something when theexcrament hits the blades. They store in a wood pile in your garage just in case.

But don't just have a bow, learn how to shoot it. If you are new to the concept there are archery ranges around the country that cater for tourist's. A few minutes with the instructor before you hit the range, will give you a good overview on the methodolgy of shooting and a good idea about what type of bow you will need to make.

Also Nventual; I would avoid the 'outback' completely unless you seriously know what you are doing. Both the climate and animals will kill you. Last trip, I saw eagles taller than my kids, and lizards which resemble dinosaurs.

Hope that helps...

Tim

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Surviving in Australia, wow now that a bit weird, I mean Australia is full of weird and strange creatures called Australians

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider
Surviving in Australia, wow now that a bit weird, I mean Australia is full of weird and strange creatures called Australians

Yes, and we will eat your babies and feed your women to our dingoes! RAR!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrky

typical Mason.

-

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If you really want weapons you can buy them on-line from an Israeli on-line store.

Welcome to Israeli-Weapons.com Store, IDF Surplus Online Store.

We registered with Israeli Ministry of Defense and we supply military hardware overseas. If you want to buy military equipment/arms please contact us ([email protected]).

On this page you can find our catalog of items that you can buy in small amounts for personal use or as samples.
www.israeli-weapons.com...

Here you will find a list of where and when their weapons have been used: www.israeli-weapons.com...

I think the beauty of Australia is, you don't need weapons because we don't like killing people. Do you really want to change that?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Actually aside from the firearms. The best way to Survive Australia? Take a cue from the native Aborigines. They knew and know how to survie in the Bush. Learn what they know, then get your guns etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

There aren't that many who live off the land any more.

You'd probably have to go to Arnhem Land to find ones like that and unfortunately you can't just rock up there, you need to get permission from the elders.

There are a lot of people who have learned how to live off the land, like Malcolm Douglas and Les Hiddens.

Malcolm Douglas
www.malcolmdouglas.com.au...

This is the only half decent vid I could find

Les Hiddens (bush tucker man)
shop.abc.net.au...

These guys know their stuff, it's just a shame there's not more available online.

**Edit: Found a full episode of the bush tucker man

Link

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrky

Originally posted by Northern Raider

Normally Aussies threaten to kill the women and rape the sheep

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

You can still get swords and compound bows pretty easy just order them off ebay

new topics

top topics

join