It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested with rifle said he had delivery for Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Man arrested with rifle said he had delivery for Obama

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Police arrested a man near the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday after he drove up to one of the building's barricades with a rifle in his vehicle and told officers that he had a delivery for President Obama, a Senate spokesman said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

After further questioning, he admitted he had a rifle in his truck. He was arrested and taken to police headquarters for processing, she said.

Woah, crazy news. Lucky they are checking vehicles, still there are nuts trying to get Obama. This isn't the first time, and won't be the last.

I hope no one gets him.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
hehehehehe

Mr. Mcfeely with a special delivery!

Funny, but what a nutjob.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I don't think it's very funny, he had a gun and got pretty close...

I agree on the nutjob part though.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
that's my boss and I gotta say, that's hilarious.

No surprise though.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Jeez, already!

I have a feeling that these days, it doesn't matter who is in office, there's always gonna be someone who wants to take em out.

It's a crazy world these days, been crazy for a while now, but it just keeps getting crazier.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This would have to be nothing more than some stupid stunt.
As if someone could go and deliver something to the President.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
you know how many people drive down that road or in that area everyday with some type of gun?

probably an absurd amount

i honestly dont find this shocking

or worrying

with todays way of life and all the security measures around obama, i highly doubt someones just going to be able to drive up and take a shot, i mean say 10 guys get close enough to even take the shot, you really think they'll have the time to aim, or the time to shoot and just get lucky before secret service or some other form of law enforcement will be unloading their own weapons on them

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
you know how many people drive down that road or in that area everyday with some type of gun?

probably an absurd amount

i honestly dont find this shocking

or worrying

with todays way of life and all the security measures around obama, i highly doubt someones just going to be able to drive up and take a shot, i mean say 10 guys get close enough to even take the shot, you really think they'll have the time to aim, or the time to shoot and just get lucky before secret service or some other form of law enforcement will be unloading their own weapons on them

I think that for a determined person it would not be so tough. At smaller events where there is less security, from a distance. One lone nut like Oswald could do it, sadly I think it could be done again.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The story we're hearing really doesn't make much sense.

I doubt he actually had any ill-intent. If I had to guess, this guy was just a routine visitor to the Capitol. Note that he wasn't even at the WH. He probably got stopped by security and made a flippant comment in the heat of the moment. Then, he compounded it by having a 22 rifle in the truck, which is illegal in DC but probably not in his home state of Louisiana, and, of course, it snowballed from there.

new topics

top topics

join