It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of Australia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hey, um I know alot of people on this site dont particularly care for me just because I dont dance around crap that even though most are thinkin would never say because they dont wanna get flamed by some retarded army wanabes, scifi nerds and dumb rednecks, that can only talk smack over the WWWzone, but anyways my post lol.

I read somewhere that the Australian East Coast apparently has Masssive tsunami waves batter it once every 200 years or so, and that it is long overdue for one, Also I remeber that little purple Boriska kid talking about a great disaster will befall a continent, Im just wondering if anyone could give me a lil insight into this.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think right now they've got enough on their plates, with the fires and whatnot.
I wouldn't concern myself with maybes, when they've got a serious crisis at hand.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Maybe the tsunami could help beat the fire?

(too soon?)(someone was going to say it anyway, though all of you were thinking it)

Edit - I have friends in Australia. No I don't take the situation lightly. I am currently putting together a pack of volunteers to do what we can.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Sliick]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Breaker

If you’re trying to get a rise out of ATS you’re failing.
We’ve seen bigger, and badder than what you’ve displayed so far.
I mean really - do you know how ignorant you sound with your racist redneck talk, your bypassing the censors with vulgarities and spouting your *retard* this and blah blah blah that?
It’s going to take a lot more than what you’re dishing out to even cause a stir bucko.

As for saying what other people are thinking - so now you’re a psychic?
lol

By the way, if you want to know something about tsunamis - have you ever heard of Google - or the search engine here on ATS??? Or do you really expect the same people who you’ve done nothing but insult since you started posting here on ATS to now spoon feed you the information you’re looking for?

peace

[edit on 10-2-2009 by silo13]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick
Maybe the tsunami could help beat the fire?

(too soon?)(someone was going to say it anyway, though all of you were thinking it)

Edit - I have friends in Australia. No I don't take the situation lightly. I am currently putting together a pack of volunteers to do what we can.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Sliick]

i know its wrong but i thought about this to it would be a terrible irony

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

lmao take your pick drown or burn?
(never to soon man)

but seriously i hope it all sorts out soon , its wierd here in the uk it had been snowing!
yin yang effect?
one love
mr50

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

content from source- www.abs.gov.au...@.nsf/Latestproducts/1301.0Feature%20Article3012008?opendocument&tabname=Summary&prodno=1301.0&issue=2008&num=&view=

Historically, tsunami which have created the most significant run-up on shore in Australia have resulted from earthquakes off the south coast of Indonesia and inundated parts of the Western Australian coast. Although there have been 44 tsunami recorded along Australia's east coast, few of these have produced significant on shore tsunami run-ups (Dominey-Howes 2007). Despite this the east coast of Australia, especially Tasmania, is exposed to tsunami which could be generated by the Puysegur Trench to the south-west of New Zealand. Tsunami also are generated by events further afield as happened in 1960 when an earthquake with a magnitude of 9.5 in Chile produced a tsunami along the New South Wales coast which caused some damage to marine infrastructure. With the increased population and cost of infrastructure, the threat to life and potential damage to property may be considered to be much greater today.

==================

Tsunami's are created by earthquakes. If anything would amount to the death of Australia, it would be drought. Which in the near future it seems very likely.

I live on the west coast of AU and when the indonesian tsunami happened the water was sucked away from the beaches, it was freaky.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I know alot of people on this site dont particularly care for me

So you've gained a reputation in 8 posts? Illusions of grandeur?

Your signature is offensive and unnecessary - and I'm a Brit!

I agree with silo13 - google your answer.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure what your asking? Would you mind posting a link to this "little purple Boriska" or whatever that was. And to respond to the first paragraph in your post... Just no.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

He/she (Shadow Breaker) seems to be stirring you up alot!! I mean I do not understand the logic of these threads, nor do I want to try. Each to their own, he/she obviously just joined, let him/her learn the hard way that ATS is full of thousands of people with thousands of different ideas and opinions.

Most people opinions on things change once they have been here long enough. Give him/her some time.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Lol yeah Ill admit the first part is like some WF crap smack talk, illusions of grandeur, probably, you should see some of the stuff i think i am um, I tried googling but you seriously come up with thousands of artticles about tsunamis all over the world and i was looking for information more specifically about a tidal wave that apparently hits the east coast every 200 years, the little purple kid, was kinda a bad joke, Um he is an indigo child named boriska, he is discussed at great length here, but one particular quote about in 2009 a continent will be destroyed or something like that.
And as for whether it is too soon, NAH, that why im sure everyone hates me one this, because i said its their own fault for listening to the warnings.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 1xion325alpha

He/she (Shadow Breaker) seems to be stirring you up alot!!

Alot!!
No, lol.
Just not going to spoon feed the ignorants.
*yawn*

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
being as how the Tasmanian tribes people had lived totally cut off from the mainland for about 10,000 years when the European settlers arrived no i don't think a massive extinction type event happens every 200 years, i suspect that sometimes big waves hit and its quiet bad but they survive none the less.

As for the wild fires, much of the bush is actually made up of plants which only seed after the fire -huge sections of forest burn all the time and always have done, it might look terrible now but in a few years it'll be back to being 'bush' again. It was probably the one of the most predictable disasters ever to have befallen humanity, if i lived in oz then i would have a very deep basement full of useful stuff and protected with a fire door -hehe and i wouldn't forget the oxygen tanks either for that half an hour the frount is drectly over head.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
boriska child prophet

the above line, typed into google, here in canada

gives this result page here - only 2400 hits tho....

and then, this first 'hit' off that google page

that oughtta keep anyone interested in all this busy for a few.....

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

haha, thats a good idea.

But really. The bushfires are pretty bad..... but its not as widespread as people might think. I mean.... those areas in Victoria where they happened were all bush type areas..... its all the fringe areas that got burnt and areas with a lot of bush. The same would go for Sydney if something like that happened.
But bushfires are something thats expected over here.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
We could try to send some firecrackers and and some firewood to help Australia to cheer up

dont forget to presss the trigger thank you

top topics

join