It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1973 Pascagoula Abduction Case.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Two-part AUDIO interview of Charlie Hickson with details I didn't find anywhere else.

The first minute or so Dr. Hynek is talking about an unrelated case but keep listening, this interview is very fascinating and seemingly quite genuine.

Part 1:
www.youtube.com...

Part 2:
www.youtube.com...

Bombeni,great post-very interesting account.

Heres the UFORIC Report card and the creature/robot certainly does look a bit freaky.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/710d120ac165.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I remember reading about this when it happened. If I remember correctly, it was about the time of a ufo flap.

The other abduction case I remember going nationwide after that was the Arizona Travis Walton case. Reporting seemed to take these cases "seriously", rather than the ridicule stories prior to that time. In fact, I think the Barney and Betty Hill case had a tv movie made then, too, in a serious fashion. Also, Close Ecounters (fiction) was a hit in the 1970s. Maybe Pascagoula paved the way for encounters such as these to be taken seriously.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

There are a lot of problems with the Travis Walton case, and the airing of the movie "The UFO Incident" on NBC a week before the case did not help. There was no physical evidence like there was in the Betty and Barney Hill case, nor was there independent corroboration like there was in the Pascagoula case. Mr Walton also got two books and a movie deal out of his "ordeal", while the men in the Mississippi case did not receive any compensation.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ive talked to Charles Hickson.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This is one of those rare cases where, if the publicly available evidence is genuine, the ET hypothesis is the best fit. Not verifiable but the best fit.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by visionandtruth

What was your initial impression?
He seems like a sincere enough chap to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Kidflash, Travis Walton makes some interesting remarks in this interview although I am aware theres a few dubious aspects to this case.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Again, here are some problems with the Walton case:

1. No trace of burns in the area Mr Walton claims to be abducted. No trace of any type of craft landing, or any other physical traces.

2. The failed lie detector test was covered up by the UFO researches in the beginning. It is not that Mr Walton failed it, it is that the results were hidden from the public and other researchers. That does raise more questions then if they just released the results the first time.

3. Other than Mr Rogers, the other men did not see Mr Walton get taken aboard. It has been suggested that if there was a hoax involved, Mr Rogers may know something about that.

4. Mr Walton states in his second book about not making any money on the deal. He forgets about the $5000 from the Enquirer, two books and a movie deal.

There are some good points in his story too, and I am still on the fence on this one.

The one very believable aspect about the Pascagoula Mississippi case is that Mr Parker stopped talking and suffered many health and nervous problems after the incident, including many symptoms of Combat Stress Syndrome. Something very terrifying happened to the man, and hopefully he may talk about it in the future.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by visionandtruth

Do you live near him or something? That would be so cool to be able to talk to him in person and ask him about that experience. My family members had a ufo experience and about once a year, at family dinners, someone will ask one of them to tell the story and everytime it's just like hearing it for the first time again.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

The one very believable aspect about the Pascagoula Mississippi case is that Mr Parker stopped talking and suffered many health and nervous problems after the incident, including many symptoms of Combat Stress Syndrome. Something very terrifying happened to the man, and hopefully he may talk about it in the future.

Yes mate, he certainly seemed badly shaken by the incident and it's just a hunch but, to me, the tone and timbre of his voice in the interview suggests he's not making it up - he was also quite adamant at the time that the authorities promised him no publicity about the case.

Cheers.
edit on 17-4-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Discussion about the hoax theory:

The Pascagoula case is presented in many skeptics book as a definite hoax. The explanation is mainly based on the fact that there were other people in that area near to the Pascagoula River at the abduction time but no one else saw or heard anything unusual and it is proposed that if there was really such an object with a bright light, more people than only Hickson and Parker would have seen it.

Dr. Robert O'Connell, an LSU astrophysicist, disagreed with ynek. "There's probably some mundane explanation for the ones right now and for probably any UFOs," he said. O'Connell said he was skeptical of most UFO reports, especially the Pascagoula case. "I don't necessarily dispute what they're saying," he said. "It could be a hoax. The hoax could be on two levels: the people themselves or somebody else carrying out a hoax. "This (kind of UFO reports) is notorious for hoaxes." The argument here is that because there are UFO hoaxes of "this kind," the Pascagoula affair is also a hoax.

However, the hoax theory fails or is weak on several aspects:

* It cannot explain why both witnesses were so scared and continued talking about the incident even when they thought they were alone and no one else can hear them. Philip Klass, for example, has devoted 19 pages to the Pascagoula case, and decided it is a hoax, but did not even care to mention the fact that when the two men were left alone in a room at the local sheriff's office with a tape-recorder running without their knowledge, they exhibited the same terror and bewilderment they had shown the officers who had just interrogated them.

* It cannot explain the strangeness of the creature's physical aspect, which was certainly not a suitable description for a convincing hoax.

* Skeptics have claimed nobody else reported anything unnatural in the area, but this is plainly wrong. The officers made clear that several other witnesses reported visual confirmation of the strange blue light seen from the highway. Radar detection of an unusual craft in the area, followed by radar jamming, is also forgotten. Skeptics have seemingly forgotten to mention and address this.

* The lie detector testing is indeed not a certain method to detect truth or lie. But keep in mind that if the lie detector had determined that both men lied, skeptics would probably have seen this as a certain proof of hoax. Phil Klass reportedly found that the polygraph operator who gave Hickson his lie detector test was not certified and had not completed his training. But it is my belief that if the test indicated a lie, I would have had a hard time convincing Philip Klass that it was due to the lack of certification and incomplete training of the tester.

* If the to men were hoaxers, how did they manage to show terror under hypnotic regression? Dr. Harder did probably expect a detailed account through the hypnosis, not a burst of terror so intense that the experience had to be interrupted.

Link

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
As someone who believes that humanoid aliens and abduction claims spring from the human imagination, until yesterday I was totally sceptical of the Pascagoula case. But then I watched one of Hickson's interviews and found the man so convincing that I now agree with Karl12 that the case is not likely a hoax.

Unlike other abduction claimants, Hickson's testimony is weird enough to be believable - just. Hickson's claim that the pair were seized by robots makes far more sense than conventional claims of abduction by humanoid aliens. Unlike humanoids, robots could withstand the accelerations and other rigours involved in interstellar travel.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I always thought they saw Greys. I would never be able to believe in such an absurd looking alien. I'm almost positive I heard them talking about greys...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
An old movie from the 1970's, called Starship Invasions had alot of characters dressed up as aliens that were described in past accounts

Starship Invasions wiki

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hi Karl , I just came across the interview with Charles Hickson and found it to be strangely compelling , the description he gives and his attempts to get answers to what happened to himself and Calvin Parker seem to me to have an air of truth about them .
Of course I can't be sure the story is true but I just get the feeling listening to his testimony that something out of the ordinary did happen to Hickson and Parker that night , it seems J. Allen Hynek was under the same impression .

I was going to start a thread but ran a search and saw you'd already done the work so I bump this for anyone else who may find it interesting ..... Good case in my opinion

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Calvin parker went on to have after contact with a wierd entity in an abandoned train tunnel it did not end that day. As with so many people the phenomenom goes on to destroy their mind and their lives.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

reply to post by karl 12

Hi Karl , I just came across the interview with Charles Hickson and found it to be strangely compelling , the description he gives and his attempts to get answers to what happened to himself and Calvin Parker seem to me to have an air of truth about them .
Of course I can't be sure the story is true but I just get the feeling listening to his testimony that something out of the ordinary did happen to Hickson and Parker that night , it seems J. Allen Hynek was under the same impression .

I was going to start a thread but ran a search and saw you'd already done the work so I bump this for anyone else who may find it interesting ..... Good case in my opinion

Hola Gortex and thanks for the post mate -certainly agree this is a strangely compelling one and, as it states in the news article below, there may have been up to 12 other people who reported seeing a strange object in the sky at the time -the newsclipping file is a pretty big one but the article can be found near the bottom.

Kidnapped By Little Pink Men - But Scientists Warn UFO Victim's Story No Laughing Matter

12 other residents of Pascagoula reported seeing a strange object in the sky at the time Hickson and Parker said they had their encounter.

Newsclippings

This report also describes an unidentified underwater object that followed a boat on the Pascagoula river on the same evening and the two men involved reported it to the U.S. Coastguard:

UFO Takes To Swimming

Cheers.
edit on 17-4-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hi Karl thanks for the News clippings link mate , downloaded for closer inspection

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by karl 12

Hi Karl thanks for the News clippings link mate , downloaded for closer inspection

Hey mate the full collection of the archive is linked below and there's a lot of content -Isaac helped convert the material into searchable format so he definitely deserves a pat on the back for that one -there's also some other newspaper UFO archives linked here and the Loren Gross collection is a pretty fascinating read for a rainy day.

Vast Australian UAP newspaper clipping collection unveiled:

Newspaper collection:

UFO Research (NSW) have scanned and uploaded a vast collection of newspaper clippings to their website. They are to be congratulated for making this resource available to us. I realise that newspaper clippings may not always be regarded as a 100% accurate sources of data, but they do add to our knowledge of cases, particularly when they carry a photograph of a trace case, or indeed a photograph of something unusual in the skies.

link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
This is an abduction case, seem to be happening out-of-body like other cases of abductions. Many who looked for physical traces sometimes stumped when encountering non-physical abduction because there is none.

compare this to the abduction case : a group of teenagers in the middle of a lake at night below..

www.ufoevidence.org...

The Allagash Abductions
Date: August 26, 1976

In August of 1976, four young art students in their early twenties left for a canoe and camping trip in Maine's Allagash Wilderness. On one night during the trip, they encountered a huge oval, glowing object rising above the trees nearby, and were soon engulfed in a beam of light from the craft. As discovered in hypnosis sessions years later, it was at this point that all four were abducted into the craft and subjected to physical examinations.

During the next several days they canoed and camped along the Waterway. On the evening of Thursday, August 26, they reached Eagle Lake, set up camp and decided to go night fishing for trout. The pitch darkness of the area necessitated the building of a huge bonfire to mark their campsite so that they could find their way back to it. Shortly after beginning to fish, Chuck became aware of a feeling of being watched. He told us that:

“I turned toward the direction from where I felt this and saw a large bright sphere of colored light hovering motionless and soundless about 200-300 feet above the southeastern rim of the cove."

Chuck yelled for the others to look behind them. There, rising above the trees was a huge oval glowing object. As their eyes became adapted to its intense brightness, a gyroscopic motion was noted, as if there were pathways of energy flowing equatorially and longitudinally from pole to pole. This divided the sphere into four oscillating quadrants of bright colored light. The color changes were very liquid and enveloping, as if the entire object had a plasmatic motion to it, like a thick sauce does as it starts a rolling boil.

Charlie grabbed a flashlight and blinked it at the object. Instantly, the huge rising glowing object came to an abrupt halt and began to slowly approach the canoe. Simultaneously, a tube-shaped beam of light erupted from the object and hit the water. A glowing ring with a dark center reflected on the water's surface, indicating that the beam was hollow. The object and its beam of light began moving toward the canoe. Terrified, the campers began paddling frantically toward their bonfire and camp as the beam swept across the lake directly at them and engulfed them.

It was from this point on that the conscious memories of the four differed according to each witness' vantage point. The next thing Charlie remembered was paddling for shore and standing at the campsite with the others, watching the object move away.

Chuck Rak remembers staying in the canoe after the others had piled out in panic onto the shore. Transfixed, still holding his idle paddle, he could not take his eyes off the object.

Jack and Jim were able to consciously remember a bit more. Jack said that "It was just behind us and I could see that we were never going to outrun the Beam. It was advancing too fast and I remember thinking, 'Holy #! This is it! We'll never get away.' The next thing I knew, we were on the shore getting out of the canoe looking directly at the object which was now about 20 or 30 feet above the water. The beam was coming out of the bottom of it like the object was sitting on the beam. It hovered there, right in front of us, completely silent for what seemed like four or five minutes.

"Suddenly the beam was pointing up towards the sky. The object began to move up and away from us towards the southwestern sky and then shot into the stars and was gone in just a second."

Jim Weiner said that "There was no mistake that it was coming directly to us. Then I remember standing on the lakeshore watching the object hovering above the lake 50 to 75 yards in front of us . . . Then the search beam went upward into the sky and we saw it moving away at a tremendous speed. We all seemed to be in a state of shock . . . We just stood there unable to move or talk."

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join