It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How worldwide economic collapse was averted

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So it's established then. Someone is telling lies. Could it be the Congressman or the rest of the government?

That's a tough call since i don't trust much of anyone in our government in general. Honestly, I think this is a slip of the tongue and for some reason it went unnoticed. There was much going on at the time.

I think there is some truth in what he is saying. When you start to add the pieces up, it starts to make sense.

Bernanke gave him this information, so it could also be possible that Bernanke lied to him.

Someone is a damn liar. I want the truth...but who am i kidding...this is the US government we are talking about here.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
there is no conspiracy, only basic economics.

a money market asset is valued at $1. when lehman went under some money market assets were devalued under $1. since money markets are not insured by FDIC, investors of the money market accounts took out their money to protect their customers.

investors have computers that track trends. computers clearly saw that because lehman went under the money market funds were being devalued. therefore, the computer takes out its funds.

any investor like t. rowe price, etrade, shwab, etc, have computers that automatically took out the money to protect their customers money.

the fact that so many investors were taking out their money showed that their was panic and no confidence in the markets. sadly, without government intervention we would all be standing in soup lines right now.

think before u say conspiracy please.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Good find indeed. But how long can the economic collapse be withheld or put off? I hope it will not happen and realistically think it is inevitable. Time will tell.....

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Um, the crisis is still going on! The PTB will not be happy until they get it all. We give it all to the banks anyway but fight over helping people? Amazingly shortsighted. And yes we will keep throwing even more money at it! Does anyone not see whats going on? Google David Rockefeller. Watch Freedom to Fascism, it explains it pretty clearly. The country was bought and paid for years ago, we just have different players! It all makes perfect sense, yet everyone runs around freaking out wondering whats going on. Seems like we have kindergardners with no conscience in charge of everything! They keep making it worse! Witness the destruction of the worlds economy, thanks to a greedy few. It's our destiny however long it may take to be fulfilled. No I'm not a quack. I have researched it for myself. Thanks for letting me rant. Not alot of places you can go anymore where the people arent totally closedminded!

[edit on 10-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiso_us
I think we should demand to know who it was that was drawing this money out if this is true.

I have a hunch it was the Federal Reserve that did it since it's their coffers that was empty. We will probably never know.

I totally agree about demanding to know who was with drawing the money. Why don't they already know?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

This probley has something to do with the Hacking. All those line are around the middle east and connect to Asia where they were backtracking IP's. Maybe "They" had them cut in a attempt to stop the continuing attacks at the WB/IMF/WHO/Fed/Treas. I do see a article today about a new Cyber Security program.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

Hard to trust a MSM article about what happened but sounds basically right...except the timeline...about a week late/off?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

You thinking of Live Free or DieHard? History imitating art or the other way around? This doesn't surprise me.

[edit on 2/10/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I don't know what to think anymore. I really don't know who there is to trust in our government. The deeper I dig into it, the more it disgusts me.

Trust NO ONE in the government. That way you won't be disappointed. It is unfortunate that those in government are of two types:
1. Persons who go in with good intentions , and are subsequently corrupted by power and money.

2. Those who already are corrupt, enter government, and find new ways to be involved in corruption.

I will admit that there might be a few decent people at the federal level, including Ron Paul. However, without any real power, he can't do much to put his ideas into action. He is merely tolerated, and ignored, just as we the taxpayers are ignored.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

It does make you wonder which story was the lie. Or if they both are. At a minimum, one of them HAS to be a lie, at worst, they are both lies. While it is entirely possible that they did conceal the "run on money markets" to prevent panic in the streets, until we find evidence of this draw down we have to consider that this is just a new and improved line of propaganda to make us swallow the bitter bailout pill.

This situation is very similar to the Roswell incident, and government's subsequent coverups. The government kept changing the story as to what REALLY happened at Roswell, hoping that one of the stories would take. I suspect that is what is happening now. Kanjorski's "slip" is another trial balloon, and the government is waiting to see if we buy that balloon. If that doesn't stick, there will be more "slips", with the hopes that one of those take.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

What happened was that in the panic of things, quite a few money market accounts, became insolvent in a way. Money market accounts are basically supposed to be like this: I put a dollar in such an account and I can take it out at any time. I will only make a very small interest rate gain while I keep it there, but that is the price I pay for the stability and liquidity of the account. I may not ever gain much in a money market account, but I surely won't ever lose money in one...or so the theory went.

What happened was that each $1 in the money market accounts actually went below a $1 in value during the panic. That is NEVER supposed to happen, but it did. Needless to say this caused a avalanche of sell orders in those money markets, after all, people kept money in them basically so they wouldn't ever lose money. Those money market accounts were the ones that had bonds from some of the big firms that went belly up, which caused the money markets to dip below $1 in value.

That was the point where all hell broke lose and the Government had to step in and intervene. The Government had to step in because of the ineptness of the financial sector to prudently manage and oversee itself. Of course the Government was the initial one to blame for the loose lending in the first place, but they don't want to be reminded of that.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I agree. It's pretty much to the point where all we can do is sit and watch it all happen.

I don't think it can be stopped.

Eventually there will be civil unrest, IMO, but how long that it takes to get to that point will be the real waiting game.

Here we go, full speed ahead. Let's hope it doesn't hurt as much as it looks like it might.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ok...so now I'm leaning toward Indian Software Co? installing Spyware into IMF/WB/WHO/Fed/Treas between Summer 2007 and April 2008 when it was discovered...now look whats going on before the April disclosure...

The Submarine Cables - A Complete Guide to the 2008 Internet Outage
www.ilovebonnie.net...

Eight Major Undersea Internet Communication Cables Cut in 2008: We Live in Interesting Times

In early February 2008 at least five major underwater Internet cables were cut in just a few days, sending large portions of the Middle East into communication blackout.

Two days ago, on 19 December 2008, we learned that three of the four internet sub-cables that run from Asia to North America were damaged ... "Industry experts told The Times that two sub-sea cables went down just off Alexandra, causing the mass disruption. It happens to a single cable typically once a year, and companies have developed the fail-safe of redirecting traffic to a second cable should this occur."...

I found this last statement by “Industry experts” to be the most telling bit of information from the above news. What are the odds of eight Internet cables accidentally being severed in one year when it “happens to a single cable typically once a year”? Extremely unlikely would be an intelligent guess.

www.disinfo.com...

It appears someone knew of data intrusion and was trying to disrupt it.

It's looking more conclusive that someone has compromised all the major Financial Data bases and was/is attacking them and drawing down accounts. As stated by others above it looks like the Gov's of the World are trying everything to prop up whats left and are lying about it, trying to protect their sacred trust/confidence codes. Right out of "Live Free or DieHard", but, this time Bruce ain't on the case...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I agree. It's pretty much to the point where all we can do is sit and watch it all happen. I don't think it can be stopped.

Most people know by now that I don't usually make claims that I can't support, and that I say what I mean and believe. I also practice what I preach.
I am telling you this, because a complete global disaster in approaching on a scale, no one alive has seem. Right NOW, you need to start converting any excess cash into commodities that will allow you and your family to survive the economic disaster which most assuredly cannot be averted at this point. The US government, as well as other large governments, do not have a CLUE as to how to avert it. In fact, every attempt that they execute, makes things much worse. They are throwing gasoline on the fire, with these bailout and stimulus bills. They are executing the financial equivalent of the middle-age "doctors" that thought that bleeding a patient was the only way to save them. They are bleeding the economy to the point of no return.
We are stockpiling non-perishable food, medicine and other supplies that will become scarce when the full effect of the global meltdown occurs. Stockpile blankets, clothing, whatever you need to feed and keep your family safe and warm. Regardless, it won't be pretty, but with planning, you and your family can survive this disaster.
David, yes, there will be violence, unfortunately. I certainly won't be a part of it, and hopefully those of us that are prepared won't need to resort to violence. The violence will be conducted by those who have not prepared, but had TRUSTED the government to "kiss it and make it better". When things really break down, don't expect to find the criminals like Pelosi, Frank, Reid, and TPTB. They'll have already headed for the hills, and their hideouts, or gone underground, in their bunkers.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Come on guys.. This is another lie presented by the folks.. I can pretty well tell you that the guy on the video is lying..

Dont buy into any story.. Just wait for a while.. Lot of reasons would come out..

This all would result in a civil unrest for sure

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Bernanke Begins ‘Thorough Review’ of Fed Disclosure (Update1)

www.bloomberg.com...

Bernanke has invoked emergency authority and more than doubled the size of the Fed’s balance sheet to $1.8 trillion to combat the worst credit crisis in seven decades. His moves have prompted concern that the central bank is encouraging excessive risk-taking, distorting pricing in financial markets and jeopardizing the Fed’s independence. The Fed hasn’t disclosed many of the assets and participants in its programs.

“It does not seem to me healthy in our democracy for the amount of power that is now lodged in the Federal Reserve with very few restrictions to continue,” said Representative Barney Frank, a Democrat from Massachusetts and the committee chairman.

This has to be killing the Fed...someone asking the same questions we're now asking...they just don't want to disclose it...why?!?

BTW: This doesn't sound good...

China Needs U.S. Guarantees for Treasuries, Yu Says (Update1)

www.bloomberg.com...

Feb. 11 (Bloomberg) -- China should seek guarantees that its $682 billion holdings of U.S. government debt won’t be eroded by “reckless policies,” said Yu Yongding, a former adviser to the central bank.

PS: Here's a Article mentioning remarks made by Rep. Paul Kanjorski (D. Pa.) February 10 2009 (about 2/3 down)

OK, That's Your Plan—Now Where's The Money?
www.cnbc.com...

PSS: I started a Thread covering Headlines related to the 2009 Depression Validate by IMF FYI...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Since every bank transaction should have an electronic "paper trail" as it were, you would think that they already KNOW exactly who was behind it.

I don't know about the IMF, but looking at the Fox News article , it mentioned the World Bank also had been going through months of hacking and I looked up info to see who the main CEO type was, name of Robert Zoellick, this guy has had his finger in practically EVERY pie there is around the world, at only 53 years old.

Since the UN and all the entities related to it have a large impact on world events, maybe there is some kind of connection. Anyway, follow the link and read Zoellick's resume, the scope of what the guy has been involved in is scary when you see it, even though on the face of it, it seems he has been involved in lots of philanthropic endeavors. It's the double sided nature of the PTB.......realize a lot of our elected officials do the same type of thing.

web.worldba... nk.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/EXTABOUTUS/0,,contentMDK:21381925~pagePK:51123644~piPK:329829~theSitePK:29708,00.html

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

I was looking into this Person of Interest also. I'm fairly certain they know or could find out who's behind what, thing is, all the Institutions involved have their lips zipped and won't disclose anything let alone confirm anything even happened. I'm fairly convinced SOMETHING happened...just look through all the "Anomolies/Coincidences" posted throughout this Thread...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

Since every bank transaction should have an electronic "paper trail" as it were, you would think that they already KNOW exactly who was behind it.

yes, I stated that in my original response on this thread:

Furthermore, ask yourself this question. Since ALL money market OR money market mutual withdrawals OR transfers are recorded, every single penny of the $550 billion has left an audit trail, which includes exactly WHO made the withdrawals or transfers, and WHERE the money was being transferred to, WHY has a simple investigation not determined the "who, what and where" of the transfers?

If anyone is really interested in finding out, all you have to do is fill out an FOIA form and submit it to the Department of the Treasury. Of course, the catch is that you will have to pay the fee for processing that FOIA request. For those that have money to burn, here is the url:

www.ustreas.gov...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join