It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How worldwide economic collapse was averted

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I believe this answers that...

Fed Refuses to Disclose Recipients of $2 Trillion (Update2)
www.bloomberg.com...

These Institutions are fighting "Tooth & Nail" to keep this stuff Locked Down...

Bloomberg News, a unit of New York-based Bloomberg LP, on May 21 asked the Fed to provide data on collateral posted from April 4 to May 20. The central bank said on June 19 that it needed until July 3 to search documents and determine whether it would make them public. Bloomberg didn’t receive a formal response that would let it file an appeal within the legal time limit.

On Oct. 25, Bloomberg filed another request, expanding the range of when the collateral was posted. It filed suit Nov. 7.

Notice the Dates for requested data...April 4th to May 20th...Coincidence that this was about the time that that Congress was notified of Hacking into Major Institutions, right after/around the time a bunch of Trans-Atlantic Data Lines were cut?

I THINK...someone else might have seen these coincidences as well and are looking into it...

[edit on 2/10/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Good find, HX. I was afraid that would happen. So much for transparency! This is supposed to be OUR government. It is OUR money, and these THIEVES won't let US KNOW where OUR MONEY WENT. How much more can Americans take before the pitchforks come out and the Bastille is stormed?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Once again I agree. The Gov/Banks/Wall St all operate on a assumption of trust...at some level...their credability is shot. I have absolutley no Faith/Trust/Confidence in any of these Institutions anymore and I'm sure the Majority of The World is falling in line with this reasoning as well, as of late...everything could turn out all right down the line, but, just me...I don't see it...I've been following events since last Jan, when Gold spiked at $1024 a Oz. That got my attention and I've been immersed in it ever since.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by multichild

China, exactly......and for the other poster about computers and hardware...I read somewhere computers coming out of China have spyware already installed by Chinese, forget the exacts on it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

HX, this just got posted on Alex Jones site. Although I don't always agree with Jones, he does have some good links:

www.prisonplanet.com...

Warns that more debt based monetary policy will lead to hyperinflation Steve Watson Infowars.net Tuesday, Feb 10th, 2009 Renowned investor and respected financial commentator Jim Rogers has slammed the latest economic rescue package, declaring that it will not work and will most probably make the situation worse than it already is. Rogers, the creator of the Rogers International Commodities Index (RICI), told CNBC that the latest so called “stimulus” is more of the same debt based policy that has led the world to the brink of total financial meltdown. Rogers also pointed out that the offered solution is coming from the very same people who allowed the financial crisis to arise in the first instance. “It is mind-boggling to me,” Rogers told “Squawk Box Europe.” “If I were on your show 15 weeks in a row and was wrong, you’d probably never invite me back. These guys have been wrong year after year after year consistently and here they are making the same mistakes again. This is not going to solve the problem, it’s going to make it worse.” Rogers also spoke of the artificial rally of the US Dollar and warned that hyperinflation is certain to follow. “We’ve had a period of forced liquidation of everything, even the US Dollar is going up,” Rogers said. “It’s been much stronger than expected because there is this massive forced liquidation, there are huge short positions in the Dollar, everybody is having to cover.” “But we’ve never had in world history a period when every single central bank and every government in the world is printing money as fast as they can.” Rogers said. “So I know we’re going to have serious inflation down the road, when it happens I don’t know, so I periodically buy gold.” Rogers also predicted that the head long plunge into more debt and inflationary monetary policy would lead to a bubble in US government bonds.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I saw that...he's on the same page as Dr Doom, Peter Schiff, Ron Paul & Marc Faber. What evers going on it's slowly draining all the Capitol Reserves of all the Worlds Governments...just about every Country on the Planet is digging into their Piggy Banks to stuff Money into the Financial Institutions and prop them up...this can't go on much longer...right now their just shuffling money from one place to another trying to plug holes in the Titanic while it's going down...Chinas now asking for a guarantee on all the debt it holds...who's next?

China Needs U.S. Guarantees for Treasuries, Yu Says (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

Bond Risk Rises After Geithner Warns Bank Rescue to ‘Take Time’
www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 2/11/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Yeah, thats what they want people to think, retirement in Texas, but I think they really have other plans.

The Bush family bought a 99,000 acres (I think) of land in Chaco Paraguay, sometime around 2006, I think. It is located a few miles from an American military base, and close to natural gas reserves and is over the largest underground water system in South America......

About the same time I read the other article concerning this, (link and quote below is not from the original article I found, I just looked this up)

I read several other articles on the same line, seems the trendy thing for American big wigs lately (and International ones) is to buy big spreads in other countries.

Concern increased last week with the arrival of Bush's daughter, Jenna, and a source from the Physical Planning Department saying that most of the Chaco region belongs to private companies. Luis D'Elia, Argentina´s undersecretary for Land for Social Habitat, says the matter raises regional concern because it threatens local natural resources. He termed it "surprising" that the Bush family is trying to settle a few short miles from the US Mariscal Estigarribia Military Base.

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

China, China, China....note the "two IP addresses coming from China....and our gov is in the thick of it, I think. I have been looking at China as being the most direct threat to the US of any other country right now. I am getting together info right now to post a thread (how many times have you seen that one, lol) about China's threat to us soon.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Now what's this all about?!?

Feb. 11 (Bloomberg) -- The following is a list of companies whose shares may have unusual price changes in markets today. Stock symbols are in parentheses and prices are from the last market close.

ArcelorMittal, Spar, Queensgate: South African Equity Preview
www.bloomberg.com...

Canadian National, Gold Reserve May Move: Canada Equity Preview
www.bloomberg.com...

Central European Stock Preview: Azoty, Erste Group, Grupa Lotos
www.bloomberg.com...

ArcelorMittal, Credit Suisse, Danone: European Equity Preview
www.bloomberg.com...

Fraport AG, Infineon, Volkswagen AG: German Equity Preview
www.bloomberg.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

Irish Life, Daily Mail, Reckitt: U.K., Irish Equity Preview
www.bloomberg.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

Keep a Eye for developments...

PS: and yes I know 4 look the same, but, are listed in different Countrys/Regions, so, might have links to other developments local to them...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

LoL I "knew" of this also...just "forgot" when I made that remark...it seems on the surface (or should I say below) that some people are conducting activitys that raise questions on a list of subjects. It would be a ideal Fortress...Gas/Water/Military Support/Seclusion...probley no Extradition Laws either...

Dave Lindorff: The Bush Family's Bad Latin Real Estate Investment
www.buzzflash.com...

Well...then again...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Holy toledo - he's the congressman from my area (Northeastern Pennsylvania). In person he has confirmed the "martial law" threat that another lawmaker mentioned on CSPAN... never heard the electronic run-on-banks story though. If I had an opportunity in the next few weeks, what questions should I ask?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by themamayada

Keep your Eyes & Ears open, as it will probley take place fairly fast when/if TSHTF.

What Defendable Place to Inhabit
(preferably away from major sources of unrest)

What Staples you'll need to be self sufficient for awhile (maybe 6+ Mths)
(processed canned foods/ways to purify water/tools/personal upkeep items/camping type items/heating cooking fuels/seeds/farm animals livestock)

What you'll need to Defend yourselfs

A start at least...

Think Old Settler type days...self sufficiency

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
While poking around I found Threads that mention The Fed is Insolvent?

One of them post this Link to C-Span

Bernanke Testifies on Liquidity
www.cspan.org...

One of the Posters on the Pension Thread says something about Bernanke actually stating The Fed's Insolvent.

Congress Rep - Proposal to Take Pension Funds - Give Money to Banks
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=435760

Is the Federal Reserve System INSOLVENT?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is this true? I would guess it is but...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
"Walk on Washington"...Time for Voices to make a Difference Again!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

Yes, and the Clintons bought in Costa Rica and Cheney will no doubt be shuffling off to Dubai with his Helliburton peeps and who knows where Rummy, Condie, and the rest of the thieves are going. And so the tiles fall into place...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I do think it was a slip of the tongue and not a leak as some have stated. The woman on the phone was very convincing. I think Kanjorski was brought on a live show and was blind sided by a phone call. The emotions of the moment lead to the slip.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My theory is simply that India has been working with China to take over the IMF. Whoever rules the world monetary system rules the world. Read through it … I've tried to boil it down...

World Bank Under Cyber Siege in 'Unprecedented Crisis'

Friday, October 10, 2008

The World Bank Group's computer network — one of the largest repositories of sensitive data about the economies of every nation — has been raided repeatedly by outsiders for more than a year,

Sources inside the bank confirm that servers in the institution's highly-restricted treasury unit were deeply penetrated with spy software last April. Invaders also had full access to the rest of the bank's network for nearly a month in June and July.

In total, at least six major intrusions — two of them using the same group of IP addresses originating from China — have been detected at the World Bank since the summer of 2007, with the most recent breach occurring just last month [September, 2008].

In a frantic midnight e-mail to colleagues, the bank's senior technology manager referred to the situation as an "unprecedented crisis." In fact, it may be the worst security breach ever at a global financial institution. And it has left bank officials scrambling to try to understand the nature of the year-long cyber-assault, while also trying to keep the news from leaking to the public.

Ok, so who could have had access to do this?

Cyber-Hackers Break Into IMF Computer System

Friday, November 14, 2008

…The November 7 lockdown came only days after the World Bank moved more than 100 of its employees into an empty floor of one of the IMF's two buildings on Washington's Nineteenth Street, N.W., just across from the World Bank headquarters.

Ok, so who were these 100 employees and why would you think they’d have anything to do with it except as a coincidence?

Cyber Security Questions Persist at World Bank

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Since 2003, according to FOX sources, the World Bank has paid Satyam [an Indian company] hundreds of millions of dollars to write and maintain all the software used by the bank throughout its global information network, including its back-office operations — overseeing data that ranges from accounting and personnel records to trust funds administered for many of the world's richest nations.

But all that came to an ungainly halt last April when the Bank's president, Zoellick, according to bank insiders, told his top deputies: "I want them off the premises now." At that time, the insiders say, bank forensic investigators had concluded that one or more Satyam employees had been involved in installing sophisticated spyware on workstations inside the bank's highly-sensitive treasury unit in Washington — software that was involved in at least one of the data base security breaches.

Zoellick's order was never carried out, because his deputies convinced him that the ruling would cause internal havoc. Bank staffers have told FOX that instead, hundreds of Satyam employees remained involved in the daily operations of the bank's information systems until September 30, 2008. The reason: The bank needed to accomplish a "knowledge transfer" with a bank staff that, by all accounts, had failed to maintain the know-how to understand its own computer software without the vendor's help.

According to Satyam, the contract was not terminated in any way. But the bank spokesman revealed that the contract was due to expire "at the end of the year." Asked whether Satyam's contract was terminated, he said only: "As of September 30, Satyam had completed all of its work."

In terms of the bank's software programs, "at bottom, we don't know what they [Satyam] know," says a senior IT staffer at the institution. "We quickly lost control of 'the code,' which is the DNA of a modern enterprise. Code is everything — your payroll, your financing, your trading operations, your network security, how you buy and sell things, how you report to your shareholders."

… The attacks that began on World Bank data bases in the summer of 2007 and according to bank insiders reached the institution's ultra-sensitive treasury data base in April 2008.

So what kind of information could they have gotten??

The World Bank treasury manages $70 billion in assets for 25 clients, including the central banks of some countries. In addition, it runs an active bond-trading desk and does everything from currency-trading to capital markets financings.

Knowing what's inside the World Bank's databases could be worth billions to speculators, hedge funds or governments anxious to increase their leverage or even destabilize other national economies in the current financial turbulence. In short, confidence in the bank's information security system is nearly identical with confidence in the bank itself.

What’s the Chinese connection to all this?

One thing that is clearly unknown is just who or what company (or nation) is behind the breaches — and why. Some of the penetrations shared the same "cluster" of IP addresses in the offshore Chinese territory of Macao. While those addresses can be "spoofed" (or disguised), some bank officials, according to FOX sources, at least initially concluded that China's government was involved.

Informed of the breaches by FOX, one veteran China hand, Heritage Foundation fellow John Tkacik, a former chief of China intelligence at the State Department, says he was "initially skeptical" that China's government was behind the breaches, but that — "after looking into it, I've changed my mind." Tkacik declines to reveal what he learned that convinced him otherwise.

Tkacik says, "Professional intelligence experts here [in Washington] are aghast at the broad-spectrum and the galactic magnitudes of financial, equipment and manpower resources that the Chinese intelligence services are putting into an all-pervasive global cyber espionage campaign."

Ok… but, why would China and India WANT to do that?

I'll have to continue on the next post...

[edit on 11/2/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ok… but, why would China and India WANT to do that?

This is what Paul Keating, a former Australian Prime Minister, was talking about and I posted in China... our new world ruler? Whoever rules the world monetary system rules the world. And... look who's gonna rule the monetary system...

"The G7 is made up of debtor countries, countries like the United States, Britain, France, Italy - these are all borrowers.

"There's no surplus countries in that. If you look at the structure of the IMF the Chinese get 3.7 per cent of the vote, the Indians get 1.9, the Europeans and the Americans get 51 per cent."

And then, a week ago, he said this:

"The top 200 financial institutions in the world have suffered an average loss of value of 74 percent. What we need is a completely new global political and economic settlement. Get rid of the old G7, get rid of the old IMF, we’ve got to bring the surplus countries into the political framework (give them majority vote). There’s just no way the Chinese Communist Party is going to hand over control of their currency and their political fortunes to a Washington based U.S. Treasury run institution. So this is going to be a complete resettlement. We’re not going to get out of this. The United States budget cannot reflect the world. We’ve always been in a situation where the United States budget could reflect the world. This is not going to happen now. See, the budget this year was gonna be $850 billion, now President Obama’s talking about another trillion, so $1.8 trillion. They’re GDP is $13 trillion so their running a budget deficit this year of 15% of GDP and they’ll do this for three or four years 16% of American GDP. Who’s going to buy the bonds? Every serious American policy maker knows that they’re not going to be returning value, in the end they’re going to inflate their way out… the debt will be so overwhelming that it cannot be repaid.”

What are the India/China relations like and could they have worked together to do this?

Well for one, they are the surplus countries that Keating is referring to (we are all the deficit countries). Then, I found this…

India-China Relations: The Way Forward

UPDATED: January-18-2009 NO. 4 JAN. 22, 2009

As any serious student of India's diplomatic and national strategy will testify, Western notions like alliance, encirclement and counterbalance are not part of the vocabulary of Indian strategic thinking, which is fiercely independent. If at all, we tend to think more like the Chinese adage "Near neighbors count more than distant relatives."

The author is the Indian Ambassador to China

Finally, why would they NOT tell us about this? The answer is hidden in the Fox News Story above: “In short, confidence in the bank's information security system is nearly identical with confidence in the bank itself.” If the World Bank fails… it’s a catastrophic failure for the ENTIRE world!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I am not new to reading this site...just new to posting, just joined to post to this thread. So here is my question in relation to this thread.

Did anyone on this thread see the cspan video of USA congress last year that took palce at exactly same time? I saw a couple of videos on you tube, where nearly every word that came out of the speakers mouths were deleted. So you could not really know what the congress was going to vote on...but I remember the looks on thier faces...and some of the cuss words that slipped through, and the read between the lines. I remember thinking that it must have had something of epic significance.

Can someone on this thread see if they can find those videos? I am going to start searching now, might take me a day or two as I work.

But...here is my ultimate thought on this. I have always believed (am I am not a young one) that in the end it would be financial terrorism that would catapult the USA into the One World Goverment World Order.
Just look at what a few nasty pirates can do on the seas with the high tech ships.

He who has the password wins. So whomever is the financial pirate here, whether it be the software company that designed the security for the IMF, or some asain country...and however it is that they have obtained the in - whether it was spyware, or a hole in IE the size of the hole in the ozone...it will happen again, and again, untill finally we are forced to choose to go to a paperless currency, be implanted, or face the underground.

Hope some one else here saw those sessions of congress, on you tube.
Look for sessions that have almost every word deleted out. You watch them talk, but you only here words llike "the" "of" "we" etc.

I will post as soon as I find it.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by helpmefindtheway

Rep. Paul Kanjorski of Pennsylvania explains how the Federal Reserve told Congress members about a "tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the United States, to the tune of $550 billion dollars." According to Kanjorski, this electronic transfer occured over the period of an hour or two.

This is an excerpt of what he said:

"The Treasury opened its window to help. They pumped a hundred and five billion dollars into the system and quickly realized that they could not stem the tide. We were having an electronic run on the banks!

They decided to close the operation, close down the money accounts, and announce a guarantee of $250,000 per account so there wouldn't be further panic. And that's what actually happened.

Yeah right... Rep Paul Kanjorski heard that info directly from Treas Sec Hank Paulson right before he threathend Congress with a Ffinancial Martial Law declaration....

if you feel the truth is contained in the reported critical crisis event ...
then the moon is made of green cheese will work too.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join