It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How worldwide economic collapse was averted

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Great find! amazing how this stuff slips through.I saw a video of Barney frank from 2006 defending Fannie Mae and freddie mac and now look at him.
It is amazing how much unbelievable stuff goes on in those C-Span feeds.
starred and flagged.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
"Well darn it Daisy we lost a bit of money"

"Spin the wheel....lay down yer gold and yer silver....ye will be leaven here richer than a seagull on a fishen trawler" lol

I heard say that the largest building....skyscraper ever is about to go up about a mile into the sky.

The Bid Laden family iz building it in Saudia for the House of ........ !

Wonder who is the banks behind that big ole boner going up in the sand?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Pretty much what I was thinking...like slowly peeling a band-aid off a giant hairy festering wound...better to just get it over...have a bank holiday...break out Monopoly Money...set up new State Controlled Currency Rates till we can get back on a Commodity Based Standard???

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that Bush's daddy warned him about the House of Saud.

Kissenger was talking with Putin a few days ago. I think he was letting him know that we are not the bad guys here. I don't think Bush and Cheney are the bad guys either....at least they are not in the way most Americans think they are..lol...I mean they are crooks but they are not treasonist so far as I can tell. (anymore treasonus then pres. Johnson)lol

The Vatican and the House of ........ are the two areas of my focus. Way back around Sept. the 15 th I posted in RATS asking if something else was said in the meeting trying to draw out someone who might post the computer glitch at the bank as I suspected as much...heard a rumor...just a hunch.

The whole thing reminds one a little bit of that John Travolta movie.."Sword Fish" I think.

Nevertheless we have left a season and we have entered into another. The water has gone under the bridge and its a whole new world.

In this "New World Order" nobody is too sure who the enemy is.

When you have corporations bigger then most countries with "armies" at thier beck and call i can see why noone is to sure who the enemy is.

Obama is right when he says we need to overcome this together.

The scary thing is that Obama and the US goverment does not know the answer to this mess.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Here's another "blip" from the Sept 2008 Time Frame...this is a continuing project/theory so be patient...

Buzz: November 25, 2008
Chart of the Week

"Since September 24, 2008, over 550 billion new dollars were printed out of thin air and added to the US money base. That translates to 58% growth of the total US money base in just two months. (Annualized, that would be 350%. Watch out, Zimbabwe.) Usually, base money supply grows at around 1-2% per month, and has only grown faster than 5% per month a few times. But the graph 'went vertical' in September, and got worse in November. The growth in money supply since then is larger than the total money supply that existed in 1999, and is twice as fast as the worst single month during the depths of the Great Depression or the height of World War II."

Now...is this Printing to cover the $550B they requested under disingenious pretenses? Notice Great Depression/WW2 comment...

Fed's Role in Crisis is Giant, if Opaque
Neil Irwin
The generally accepted figure with respect to the Treasury Department's financial rescue program is $250 billion and counting. The Federal Reserve, however, is lending far more - $893 billion - to help a wide range of institutions weather the economic storm. It is also considering a program that will prop up consumer lending. The Fed is essentially substituting its own unlimited ability to supply cash for that of private markets, and even fulfilling some of the original goals of the Treasury's rescue program by allowing financial institutions to use securities that are difficult to sell as collateral for loans. Unlike the Treasury's package, which has elaborate disclosure requirements and oversight mechanisms, the Fed lending is occurring quietly and at the discretion of its five governors and top officials of the 12 regional Fed banks. The Fed refuses to name the banks and companies accessing the cash, or to specify which assets institutions have pledged as collateral in exchange for loans. To enact the numerous new lending programs, the Fed has increased the size of its balance sheet and replaced ultra-safe US government bonds with loans to banks and others. It can expand its balance sheet at will, reflecting its power to create money. The Fed's lending achieves some of the goals of the Treasury's original financial rescue plan. TARP, which is now focused on investing money in banks, was originally intended to focus on purchasing mortgage-backed securities. The Fed has agreed to take these on as collateral. The Fed's expanded lending is a form of economic stimulus known as quantitative easing, a way for central banks to try to fuel growth even when short-term interest rates are next to zero. Fed leaders are considering other ways they can spur economic growth beyond cutting interest rates, the most promising option being to start buying the debt of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

www.bmsinc.ca...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Nevertheless we have left a season and we have entered into another. The water has gone under the bridge and its a whole new world.

While I agree that you don't waste time pointing fingers and seeking blame I think that it should be a priority to find out what happened.

If you walk into a room and find standing water and your preliminary investigation turns up nothing. You can pass it off as a fluke or a mistake but it is bound to happen again if you accept the lack of ready information as a solution when the real cause was an open window and a neighbor’s faulty sprinkler system.

I think that we often don't look too closely at a lot of the discrepancies and mistakes made by the governments because we are afraid of what we will find.

I think that now we should more of afraid of what we don't find then the things that we do.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It interesting how a lot of people were saying this whole mess started with the housing market bubble, and some are still saying that. But now the pres. and others are starting to blame the banks solely.

Members of congress were saying it was our fault, aka. the little people for our bad credit habits and the housing bubble... I always thought that sounded strange. I think it was just a good excuse or diversion, since these things were happening concurrently.

We should all demand to know what really happened. It seems like it was a gigantic scam perpetrated on us.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Government Takes Over Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
September 07 2008

www.huffingtonpost.com...

This is a interesting almost live time play by play back on the Sept 14th...notice the hacking reference?

Lehman To File for Bankruptcy Protection
September 14, 2008 – 6:13 pm

www.ibankcoin.com...

And this from a Poster further down the page...

The Fly Says:

Normally, I’d say someone would buy their holdings. However, in this tape, they may need to unwind quickly.

In addition to Lehman’s 400 billion stock portfolio, they have 550 billion in debt.

Fun, no?

September 14th, 2008 at 7:18 pm

I see this listed around the same time line...this COULD have real implications...

Russian financial crisis of 2008–2009
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2/10/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is my first post. Any apologies if I've crossed any unknown rules.

I think it's important to try to find the source of the money withdrawal. I find it very curious of the timing of this averted meltdown on Sept. 15th. I believe we are indeed in a true war of terror. I think this was another attack on our way of life just like Sept. 11th was.

If my memory serves me correct I recall seeing a brief video cut on a cable financial show of a sheik or prince from Saudi Arabia strolling threw Wall ST like he was the king of the world. It was days or a few week's before the meltdown. It does stand out in my head though because it was so close to Sept 11th and this guy is strolling through our financial district so close to ground zero. I was livid because of the fact that most of the terrorist of Sept. 11th were from Saudi Arabia. Then the meltdown happened. My memory of the sheik still fresh I immediately thought....'those damn saudi's did it again!

Could this be a coincidence? Is my memory incorrect? I've tried multiple searches online for Wall ST guest lists but have been unable to find any. I would love any ideas or help in trying to confirm my memory.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by antayat]

[edit on 10-2-2009 by antayat]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by antayat

I hear what you're saying, and it makes me think. If it was a terrorist attack then it would create alliances between the US and most of the worlds countries like nothing has ever dome before.

I am amazed to learn during this crisis how interconnected the US is with most of the earth's countries (economically). I had no idea.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I also find it interesting that during this time of GLOBAL economic crisis there are countries reaping in the money. Erecting buildings that stretch farther into the sky than ever before. Making indoor sky slopes in the middle of a dessert. Even creating man made islands in the shape of palm trees. All of this construction relatively at the same time. Unprecedented construction. If we trace the money we find the culprit/s.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

so here is my working theory:

someone hacked into IMF and World Bank early last year in 2008.
god knows, maybe even before that.
they had access to ALL BANK INFORMATION.

then, on Sept 11, 2008, at 11am, they hacked in and stole 550 billion dollars,
in one hour.
they were trying to get 5.5 trillion,
but the treasury froze all the banks money market funds and accounts.
they realized there had been a breach, and froze everything.

then the banks were scared s***less, realizing their security systems
had been hacked, and therefore froze all of their money market funds
and accounts, freezing up the entire market.
that is why congress had a closed session secret meeting before the
bailout to discuss the hack.

the banks then had no money to lend, and the treasury then gave them
350 billion to use for the next couple months while they tried to fix
their security systems.
problem is, the banks were afraid they would continue to be hacked, so
they would not even lend out that money.

of course, the gov. could not release the truth behind why they had to
do the 700 billion dollar bailout, because if they let the world know
that all of the banks in the world had been hacked, and that
everyone's money was vulnerable, there would be a worldwide run on the
banks.
and the world economy would collapse.

so they created a cover story, saying that the bad housing mortgages
and bad assests created a bubble and the bubble popped, which was not
the truth.
and now, as we speak, they're still trying to fix and rebuild all of
the banking institutions security systems worldwide, which could take
a long time.

and they can never tell the real truth, because then full confidence
would never be given to the banks security system/infrastructure.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by dimensionaljumper]

[edit on 10-2-2009 by dimensionaljumper]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Watching LIVE CNBC interview with bailout Tim and brian williams

- is that a freaking Masonic symbol on the podium behind Geithner???

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dimensionaljumper

america has been set up for this for years. this is another 9/11 didnt the run happen on 9/11? its done by same ppl. same ppl as the first 9/11 same ppl as pearl harbor, and that federal building bombing etc. anyways they been setting this up this 550 billion was just the last straw to break the camel's back. and the camel was that bubble not only of mortgages but just a credit bubble. and now they trying to make it even worse printing all this money.
$9.7 Trillion Government Tab in Financial Crisis
www.democracynow.org...
9.7 trillion? you think its gonna help? like someone said, by the time they're done 5.5 trillion will look like chump change. then we'll have true global collapse.

P.s. these 9/11s happened exactly 7 yrs apart..

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Ponyboy_86]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Sounds like something to consider...but as I remember the Secret Closed Door Congress meeting was in March...and as far as the Mortgage Cover...that doesn't sound logical...

Why create a Cover Story that would drive housing down and wipe out everything in that sector, leaving familys out in the cold making things even worse?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The word is getting out. Rush Limbaugh is now talking about this and played part of the audio from the video on page one.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Interestig theory. So who do you think? Do you think they know who hacked? Inside job?

I still can't get over the lack of reporting on this. I might be able to understand, at the time, why they created a cover story to prevent a panic; but then this representative lets part of the cat ot of the bag, and no one reports on that?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSTC

It is about time! Where are you seeing this?

I sent the story to many Canadian News Agencies, with a "shame on you" undertone - I have heard nothing yet, doubtful I will

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

cmon man, they control the media therefore lack of reporting. put 2 and 2 together.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I understand that - no need to be patronizing.

As mentioned, the more we send it to, the more chances one will not ignore. As mentioned above Rush Limbaugh is now talking about it.

It never hurts to send a mass email, but thanks for the enlightenment.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join