It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Press Conference: Did he call Islam a false Ideology?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
During the second-to-last question, Bush rambled on with nearly the same answer to every question, staying the course and bringing freedom to the world. But he slid a bit into pulpit-mode in this question, and spoke specific about bringing democracy to Iraq and freeing the Iraqi people because they're "following a false ideology". More pulpit-like passion followed, because he believes "freedom is a gift from the almighty." Now, we all know the ideology of 98% of Iraqi's is Islam... did Bush just call Islam a false ideology? Or was I hearing things? And one other comment, it's clear why this was only the fourth such press conference from this president... it was embarassing.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
'spoke specific about bringing democracy to Iraq and freeing the Iraqi people because they're "following a false ideology" '

If he said that I missed it. With all his hums and haws, he's not the easiest person to listen to. I thought that the press conference was completely orchestrated and definately PR for the upcoming election. Yes, he did start to preach at the end.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It was as if he had "wet brain"

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Skeptic you did not hear things but when he called Islam a false ideology he was referring to "people contemplating suicide" because they live in the middle east and dont have American freedom. I was a little dumbfounded when i heard that comment myself.

"I wish you had given me that question on paper but ill try and answer it.... No I cant think of any mistakes ive made."

I kept thinking "how did this man become our president?"

vir fidelis

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
im sure off the record that he would agree islam is a false ideology but for politics sake he would say he was referring to the "iraqi insurgents" hatred for america not their religeous beliefs he said several things which im sure he wishes he could now take back too late

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
And one other comment, it's clear why this was only the fourth such press conference from this president... it was embarassing.

I couldn't agree more. He didn't have one good point to make and what was worse was that he did not answer a single question that was asked. Instead he decided to repeat choice phrases from his speech and the press said absolutely nothing. It was pathetic, and really embarassing to watch.

As for your question on what he said about "Iraqi Ideology" I picked up on that as well, so you weren't just hearing things. I'm sure he believes 100% that Islam is a false Ideology.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I also distinctly heard the president request to have all future "prepared-in-advance questions, given to him as well as to the reporter asking the staged questions.

In Bush's behalf, I think he was trying to make a quip, ie a joke of the last question asked. It was staged. He noticed it and remarked upon it. Don't you wish the press wouldn't be as contemptous as they appear?

I'm no fan of Bush, but I do want to see him treated fairly. I also wanted that during the last president's term and never saw it happen.

Yes, he did refer to the Islam as a false ideology. Any government grounded in theocracy is doomed to be a false ideology in my book. Let's call a spade a spade. It appears the Iraqis wouldn't know a democratic movement if it slapped him in their collective faces.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by radstar]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't think that any questions should be pre-screened. It's a press conference not a speech.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by radstar
I also distinctly heard the president request to have all future "prepared-in-advance questions, given to him as well as to the reporter asking the staged questions.

In Bush's behalf, I think he was trying to make a quip, ie a joke of the last question asked. It was staged. He noticed it and remarked upon it. Don't you wish the press wouldn't be as contemptous as they appear?

I'm no fan of Bush, but I do want to see him treated fairly. I also wanted that during the last president's term and never saw it happen.

Yes, he did refer to the Islam as a false ideology. Any government grounded in theocracy is doomed to be a false ideology in my book. Let's call a spade a spade. It appears the Iraqis wouldn't know a democratic movement if it slapped him in their collective faces.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by radstar]

america doesnt have a democratic state either... America isnt the poster boy for Democracy... its all an illusion

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It truly was embarassing...My dog was blushing.

He did anything but answer the questions that were given, and that is the second time I have seem him concede that a 'press conference' was canned. Is that some kind of childish guilt?

What is also very interesting is that the questions from the press were much more direct and antagonistic than in the other three.

That said, what is the rationale behind putting this guy in front of a microphone?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
His support is wanning. He tried to show his confidence, "I'm going to be re-elected." Wave the flag a little, show he's a regular Joe. Turns out he's a regular Jack...ass. I think it backfired.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I missed the speech and the Q&A
Is this the comment you are talking about?

He compared insurgents taking hostages in Iraq to radical Islamic fanatics around the world, saying they are "serving the same ideology of murder" of those who blow up trains in Madrid, Spain, bomb buses in Israel - or inflicted the worst attack in American history on Sept. 11, 2001.

"None of these acts is the work of a religion," Bush said. "All are the work of a fanatical political ideology."

www.canada.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I feel sorry for american people, because if your president can not after 3 years come up with 1 !!! thing which he did and which was mistake then he should not win the election at 1st place (right he did not win, Gore did), I dont see anything wrong on saying this and this was wrong, it was mistake... MUCH worse is saying that there was not any mistake where there have been quite a few, does mr Bush take american people for idiots or is he himself so simply minded ? As for his inability to answer many of the questions which he was asked... somehow it does not surprise me.... what was so hard to answer question if he would apologize ? yes I would, or no I wouldn't, and maybe say why yes or why no, instead he got into his phrases, what is press conference good for when he is not answering questions and why those people dont INSIST on aswer, simply pressing him for yes or no, as for WMD, little history, in middle 80's Russia was supporting Iran and united states were supporting Iraq in their war, UNITED STATES !!! gave saddam hussain chemical weapons, which he used on kurds, united states did not protest at that time in UN but they are not ashame to bring it up almost 20 years later when its good for them, no big secret that UBL was at 1 time best buddy as well, I believe that USA should be more careful in choosing their friends, as for war on terror, I dont know if Iraq will become new Vietnam for USA, I want to believe that american people would come at last to their senses and kick this pathetic figure out of the white house, preferably put him behind bars for war crimes, crimes against humanity, etc... how else would 1 call attacking SOVEREIGN... this word means something to most of the world... obviously it means nothing to mr Bush... state on fake charges... even if saddam had chemical and biological weapons... 1st HOW would he get them to USA ? 2nd if he had them, he had them for quite some time, why he did not attack yet ? 3rd since when does USA dictate who can and who cant have what usa have themself ? and so on... I am really sick of mr Bush, I am also quite sad that american people are buying his lies, do you honestly believe that the rest of the world are cowards (french fries), affraid to fight, etc ? is not it that maybe, just maybe the rest of the world understands that last thing this planet needs is another war (if u take israel-palestinians as war) in middle east ? as for saddam hussain the evil dictator.. does anybody of you know or care how many people die every day in afrika because of dictators there ? I highly doubt you know or care, right ? Saddam MIGHT was threat to some countries (like israel) but threat to usa ? If you are affraid of such minicountry as Iraq 10 000miles away, you are really really PARANOID nation

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What I did notice that could be useful to him is the way the media that supports him could "spin" some of the things he said. For example, the US led coallision, basically Bush doing his thing, NOW he doesn't want to down-play the effort other nations are doing there. Sounds like he is trying to appease some people.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
They did a fantastic job of hiding all the puppet strings.

Bush took time, several long pauses before his disjointed answers like he was listening to some one give his answer wirelessly.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase I missed the speech and the Q&A Is this the comment you are talking about?
No, that came earlier in the Q&A portion. The more I look back at this event... the more embarassed I become. Blame Florida.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
No, that came earlier in the Q&A portion.

The more I look back at this event... the more embarassed I become.

Blame Florida

A lot of Canadians retire to Florida. Can they vote?
Just want to know if I have to prepare an appology.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Anyone notice the pan in on Rice when the Clarke 'issue' was raised?

That was no accident.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I didn't watch it because I had a gut feel it would run over into the Band of Brothers...and I couldn't allow that to happen.

NOW, with that aside, I can't help but notice that the majority of opinions posted on this thread are from those that already hate the guts out of the President.

SOoooooooo, I ask, was it really this bad?...that your dog blushed and all? or is this hyperbole?

And, by the way, if he called fanatical Islamic teaching a "false ideology"...I'm all over that.
and go for it. I'm sick of the cover up of what's causing this inhumanity - it's fanaticism. And fanaticism of any color is a false ideology.

[Edited on 4-13-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It doesn't take a 'bush hater' to see the inherent ridiculousness that was presented to the world this evening.

Use your own intellect. Don't categorize people for your own petty comforts.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join