It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**AMAZING** Artifact On Mars!! Original JPL Picture source included!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We have seen this thing before and I will poke around looking for it. The curve does remind me of slate rocks in rivers where the water will wear them really smooth. There are a couple rocks near there in the same picture that look kind of basket like and have similar curves. Maybe one of them broke and the "wrench" is a piece of it. The wrench is leaning on a triceratopsy head. I think just rocks but let me get back to the thread after a search.

Here we go:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2/9/09 by stikkinikki]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If NASA had provided the other raw filter data we could get a much better idea on this than just one L7 frame..L7 is the Left UV Blue filter and the R1 is the Right UV Blue filter.

I would suspect that NASA does have the other filters of this particular shot, just wont publish it because with those other filters, we can determine if this is indeed an unusual rock formation, or something else.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
First off , nice find !

Could it be parts from one of the many failed satellites that have been sent to Mars ?

link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
We have seen this thing before and I will poke around looking for it. The curve does remind me of slate rocks in rivers where the water will wear them really smooth. There are a couple rocks near there in the same picture that look kind of basket like and have similar curves. Maybe one of them broke and the "wrench" is a piece of it. The wrench is leaning on a triceratopsy head. I think just rocks but let me get back to the thread after a search.

Here we go:

[edit on 2/9/09 by stikkinikki]

Ug. Thank you. I could NOT find it. How frustrating! I knew it had been around here before. *sigh*

link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Like I said, I do not know for sure what exactly is in that pic, but to suggest that it isnt possible that it is a rock is inaccurate and a bit naive.

Hmmmm

Watch how yer throwin' them words around buddy
NAIVE???
ooOOOoh.....

....nah im only joking

But in all seriousness, it was obvious that someone was going to come in and start posting pics of 'amazing' rock shaps. Hell i was even going to do it myself as comparison.

The point is, yes there is INCREDIBLE geology on this planet LET ALONE on other worlds.

But in THESE cases, you work your way BACKWARDS. if you SAY its a ROCK, then it STAYS a ROCK!

However,you consider ALL other options and investigate, and if at the end you are LEFT WITH a ROCK, then cool. But we HAVE to consider the other options first, otherwise what reamains hidden...STAYS hidden.

Peace

AoN

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism

Like I said, I do not know for sure what exactly is in that pic, but to suggest that it isnt possible that it is a rock is inaccurate and a bit naive.

Hmmmm

Watch how yer throwin' them words around buddy
NAIVE???
ooOOOoh.....

....nah im only joking

But in all seriousness, it was obvious that someone was going to come in and start posting pics of 'amazing' rock shaps. Hell i was even going to do it myself as comparison.

The point is, yes there is INCREDIBLE geology on this planet LET ALONE on other worlds.

But in THESE cases, you work your way BACKWARDS. if you SAY its a ROCK, then it STAYS a ROCK!

However,you consider ALL other options and investigate, and if at the end you are LEFT WITH a ROCK, then cool. But we HAVE to consider the other options first, otherwise what reamains hidden...STAYS hidden.

Peace

AoN

SO true buddy, and I hope no one takes it personally when I said Naive, It wasnt meant as a personal attack at anyone.

Anyway, like I said, I have no clue for sure what it is in that pic. I was just trying to show the people who said it cant be a rock because of the odd formation that rocks do take odd shapes sometimes so its not wise to leave that option out.

Thanks for the reply buddy!

Good times

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

DAMN! would be in one of mike's post wouldn't it
No supprise there what so ever

Cool cheers for the link

AoN

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

No problem dude, hope yer didn't take it to heart. I was just kidding around

I do agree with you one the 'rocks' thing, and there are those that DO INDEED screem 'aliens' all the time....

But sometimes yer just got to draw the line. THIS i think is worthy of further investigation, 'rock' just isn't doing it for me today on this one.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I think its a rock. Sitting on a rock. Surrounded by rocks. On a rocky little planet. In a solar system full of rocky planets full of rocks. In a galaxy full of solar systems full of rocky planets full of rocks. In a universe full of galaxies full of solar systems full of rocky planets full of rocks. Anyone want to buy my rock?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Gimme.. I completely agree that almost (or all to this point) all rocks I've seen touted so far, could easily be normal rocks formed in interesting shapes that the human eye is used to taking in, and puts a name to it.

But this is different. For instance, all the rocks you showed have no sharp edges. They are not slender, a uniform straightness on all edges, they do not look like this at all.

But in a way that is exactly my point. There are so many shapes and forms rocks can and do take. I have only shown a few. Just because the few that I posted dont match exactly doesnt mean that the pic in the OP cant be a rock

My point was, that it is possible that the one in the OP is yet another.

I think it is best that all avenues be explored instead of just assuming that it is one thing or another. Or assuming that it isnt one thing or another.

For our final analysis to be accurate we MUST examine all possibilities and not just assume.

Like I said, I certainly cant say what is in the OP's pic one way or the other, but to assume that it cant be a rock because of its odd shape is silly.

that was why I posted pics of rocks taking on odd shapes. It IS possible that it is a rock formation. I an not saying that it is or isnt, because I am not an expert on rocks or geology or anything. But you must admit, that it IS possible.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism

No problem dude, hope yer didn't take it to heart. I was just kidding around

Peace

No worries buddy! hey if you cant have fun every now and then, whats the point, you know?

Peace and love

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

If it isn't a rock that is a likely idea. The Russians had 4-5 probes or sattelites that failed at Mars. It is probable their parts went somewhere on Mars.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
First off , nice find !

Could it be parts from one of the many failed satellites that have been sent to Mars ?

Actually, that is a VERY good point.

Right now, im having a very hard time beleaving 'natural'.

I don't want to say 'ALIENS' at this time.

So some thing falling from a satallite could be a nice possibility.

Does anyone know just how many failed missions there have been to mars?
I know that the russions had something like THIRTYNINE failed attempts, but how many actually mad it to mars and crashed/burnt up?

If any failiers happened above the planet, surely we must conclued that there would be some debris on the ground?

Cheers

AoN

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
very nice find and nicer banter going on here....

thanks OP and to all for your thoughts, info and input.....can't wait to hear what this turns out to be...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Anything is possible obviously, we could find a rock in the perfect shape of Lincolns head for example. But I think this warrants further investigation is all.

Consider this: on any given weekend hike, you probably cover more ground than the lander does in I dunno.. a year? That thing crawls. I've been on many road marches, many hikes... and I've seen shale, and weirdly shaped rocks, but I've never seen one shaped like that. I've not seen any others like that from all the Mars pics, either. They have some odd rocks, but none I've seen with perfectly straight lines, in a rather curious shape, and slender to boot.

I've pretty much dismissed all I've seen so far. They've all seemed quite normal to me. But this made me go hmmm.

I also considered one of our own craft leaving that behind, but dismissed that fairly quickly. I guess it's possible, but the odds of the probe running across part of one of our own bits or pieces just seems astronomical in the extreme. I'd think I'd have higher odds of scratching a winning lottery ticket, while being eaten by a shark, the moment a bolt of lightning strikes us both. That sort of odds.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by fleabit]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
looks like rock and shadows to me.....but
I am willing to change my mind if "Phage" sees something else.
(anyone his friend? u2u him)

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This looks like a mummified critter or sorts and there does not seem to be legs only a tail like an eels, may be site is a dryed up lake bed?

I have seen this before on other sites like Pegasus and Mars Anomolies.

The possibility of a rock weathering to that shape is pretty slim dont you think.

S&F

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here's some thing that crashed on mars recently.

Back in 1999, NASA's Mars Climate Orbiter was famously lost due to what can only be described as a cock-up. The Lockheed Martin engineering team behind the Orbiter's construction had chosen to use British imperial measurements, whilst the NASA flight team were using metric. Not a good combination, and the inevitable happened, and a $125 million project crashed into the Martian surface. Obviously this isn't that much different to other Mars projects which fail, but embarassing none the less.

Source

Trying to find out if they know roughly where it crashed etc.

Cheers

AoN

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
While it may be similar to a wrench it looks like a piece of twisted metal. Two explanations come to mind if it is twisted metal:

Wreckage from previous probes sent. Or indigenous artifact. Either way....How does metal rust without oxygen?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The darker bit of the "wrench" on the bottom right of it is a small rock on top of a longer flatter rock. Its casting a shadow to make it look like the clasp of a wrench when its open a little bit.

Damn i wish i was good on computers to show you what i mean.

Not a unnatural artifact but simply little rocks that casting shadows. And when this happens the eye tries to relate it to a earth like object. Hence the wrench.

Can anyone here explain/show what i mean?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join