It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia bushfire tribute thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have not seen a thread dedicated to the tragic loss of human life surrounding the bushfire's in Australia. The ATS Network are lucky enough to have many Australian's who've contributed to this site.

With the death toll increasing by the hour, I feel it is right for us at ATS to take time out from posting to pay respect to our Australian friends and pray our Australian members are safe.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My prayers and thoughts are with all those affected by these terrible fires,
To the people who have lost everything, and to those who have lost family,

Our thoughts are with you all,

Love Asala,

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

My heart goes out to everyone in Australia. I hope they find the person or persons responsible for these horrible fires and justice is served. To lose your loved ones and to see your community go up in flames has to be the worse nightmare anyone can go through. I'm at lost for any other words.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What a terrible thing to happen.

My heart and prayers go out to the people of Australia.

ATS members in Australia please let us hear from you. We are all very concerned about your safety.

Marilyn

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
MY heart goes out to all those who had family members lost in these bushfires, in case anyone is wondering, the death toll is now at 173. :shk:

Roswell.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So truly sad and moving.
I was truly moved when the Prime minister was choked up/crying on the news.. it really affected me.

My thoughts are with everyone affected and with all Aussie ATS'ers

Stay strong...

Blup

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My thoughts are with all the people affected by bushfires...
I last heard, the death rate was expected to be well over 200,in VIC.
750 homes lost....in Victoria.

I remember a poem about Australia....by Dorothea Mackellar
I know the first verse is about England & the rest is about Australia..
But I like the 2nd verse the most,so I won't quote the whole poem...

My Country....by Dorothea Mackellar
I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges
Of draughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizions
Her beauty and her terror-
The wide brown land for me.

There is several other verses...but I think this verse describes Australia
the best!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
My heart goes out to you folks over there in Ozzieland who are having to deal with these fires. From what I have heard these fires were intentionally set. I hope that the authorities find the person or persons responsible and bring them to justice. It's cases like these as to where hangings should be justifiable as a means of punishment. I am at a loss for words right now to go on further.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am amazed at the ammount of money that has been donated in just over 36 hours. Over $20,000 AUS. That is a miracle, and I am certain there will be more donated from around the world.

My heart goes out to Australia.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
I am amazed at the ammount of money that has been donated in just over 36 hours. Over $20,000 AUS. That is a miracle, and I am certain there will be more donated from around the world.

It's a lot more than that I can tell you. I was listening to a single radio station today, and from 7am to 7pm they single-handedly raised well over $800, 000 dollars. For most big companies, $1, 000, 000 is the minimum. All the supermarket checkouts have cups with 'BUSHFIRE APPEAL' hastily written on the side which have lots of $20 notes in them, and even a few local kids managed to raise $200 over the weekend for the fund by selling lemonade

People are opening their wallets on an absolutely unprecedented level. I've never seen anything like this before.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
oops I meant to put $20 Million AUS... It blows my mind. I have done fundraising before. We earned somewhere around $150,000 USA, and that was over two months. It was huge... What a beautiful place Australia is.

[edit on 2/10/2009 by eye open doors]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just an update;

Death toll: 181

Fires burning (Uncontrolled): around 20

Red Cross relief fund tally: $31,255,562

Cool weather is helping the firefighters.

These are the numbers at 8:12am 11/2/09

Roswell.

[edit on 10/2/2009 by roswell1]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Its Arson, they have 2 STRONG leads on the buggers that did this, they will be caught, btw its good to see worldwide support!!

top topics

join