It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain: "Most Orwellian Experience in the Senate"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted yet:

Wait.... hold on a sec. Did I just hear John McCain speaketh the name of the most Holy man of all Doomsday preachers?? Actually I have a better question... why do I find myself actually agreeing with the former Presidential candidate????

*head explodes*

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

WoW

$600k per job for the low end job creation estimate

$200k per job for the high end job creation estimate.

And Obama wants to cut CEO salaries but he sure is making for some fat government and government contractor salaries.

Other than that...

Why did McCain vote for the first bailout??Did his math not work then but just started working now?

Maybe the should have realized that bailouts are a bad idea when most of the U.S. were against it for the first time.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
McCain probably went along with it because of media and political pressure. The Bush Administration was fully backing the first bill, and so was the MSM (to an extent).

Mr. McCain did try that stunt of 'suspending his Campaign' to go back to the Senate floor and help iron out the bill, but the backfired in his face. Really, supporting the bill was the easy and safe choice at the time.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
McCain probably went along with it because of media and political pressure. The Bush Administration was fully backing the first bill, and so was the MSM (to an extent).

Mr. McCain did try that stunt of 'suspending his Campaign' to go back to the Senate floor and help iron out the bill, but the backfired in his face. Really, supporting the bill was the easy and safe choice at the time.

That is a sign of horrible leadership and judgment on McCain's part. I am glad he didn't become president.

Unfortunately we got Obama.

*facedesk

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I am too. I voted Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party, but realistically, I wanted Obama over McCain. Unfortunately, the American Presidency race hasn't been about the man or woman with the clearest judgment for a while now; its just a popularity contest.

..And why the hell when I click the "Reply To" button, it never works anymore? Its aggravating....

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
He look like a robot.lol

Anyways, just because he says something like that doesn't mean he's not with them still. =/

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This spending bill is in no way whatsoever comparible to the TARP bill. I was opposed to TARP, but at least theoretically that money should eventually be paid back with interest to the tax payer... (Not saying I believe it ever will, but at least that's how it is supposed to work.). Obama's spending package as nothing more than a dogdamned liberal make a wish foundation spending spree at the expense of our future. If it all comes crashing down, I just hope that anyone who supported the bill doesn't die early in the riots and unrest... I want them to survive what they've wrought long enough to hate themselves.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just like Ron Paul said, its too little too late for these Republicans to be complaining aout this bailout when they were for the first one. Every argument made by McCain here as to why this bailout is bad would have applied to the first bailout he supported.

So why the sudden change of heart? To put it bluntly, I don't think there is a change. I think the bankers and lobbyist that control both of these parties are strategizing for the future. Now when these bailouts do nothing for the economy (except maybe ruining it) and the people want accountability, the Republicans will claim they were against the evils of the bailout, and the people will fall for it, thus perpetuating the cycle. Only once people realize that both parties are controlled by the same interests will our country get back on track.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The Republican favorite for John Kerry. McCain is a flip-flopper! He was all gung ho to give the banks money as quick as possible. Even going soo far as to "Suspend" his campaign to get it pushed through. His only objection to this bill is that the money won't flow directly into the pockets of his backers like the first bailout did.

Not that everybody in government isn't bought.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Okay, first, McCain did not mention one ounce of what would have worked. Anyone can point out the mistakes and potential problems associate with the bailout bill. Secondly, I get the feeling that he has a personal agenda in mind to reject anything Obama is trying to do to save the economy. I really want to know what he would have done instead. And I hope people don't believe that he would have done any different. And to those who agree with McCain, I ask you: Why???????? What would John McCain have done differently if he were in Obama's position???????

new topics

top topics

join