It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver (YVR) Thursday Feb 5/09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
just wondering if anyone else in the Vancouver area Granville street at about 5:00 PM noticed two very Large solid black helicopters flying low (250-350 feet) all the way down Granville street and never deviating from the path or the formation (one ahead and the other on the left to the rear)????

They weren't regular police choppers and I couldn't see any logos or other markings on them. They were really much larger than a typical traffic chopper or the standard police ones.

The sound was a really low drumming and not a typical noise I hear this close to the airport.

No cruisers on teh ground under it or police SUV's that I noticed either.

Might have been Special Forces or RCMP?

I've lived by the YVR for nearly 17 years and never have I seen these choppers before.

The sound is what made me look...sounded highly muffled like a Harley with Mufflers (if you've heard a Harley with and without mufflers you know what I mean)

They were going pretty slowly too, and even the windows were tinted black...the landing rails were really thick and there were long cylindrical things on either side almost the entire length of each (maybe mufflers or dampers of some kind).

Clearly I'm not a chopper expert LOL but it had me really wondering what was going on to see them flying so low and so methodically in a near straight path heading North on Granville St.

Anyone know what kind they might be? Anyone else see them? More curiosity than anything

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hate to sound like a crazy but maybe Chem Trail eqiuptment. Saw pics of such on the Web. Are they responsible for all the bee disappearences ? One (unlightened one) can only wonder.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
hello fellow BC'r!

after reading your post and then sort of 'seeing' the area, used to live on the coast.... i right away surmise this must be part of the security training for the upcoming olympics

why all black choppers, no idea, and them long things you described, along the length of the chopper... i figure, it might have something to do with some sort of electronic monitoring or maybe even harrassment

sure hope this is only for the olympic security,,, but still me wonders why all black, other then intimidation.............

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thanks Bee4 and Hiya back!

OH yeah the Olympics....hehehe been so busy planning to get outta Vancouver I actually forgot about the games coming.

I'll bet you're right.

I was also wondering if the long tubes things on the flanks of each chopper might possibly be low decibel crowd dispersers. They were on either side of each chopper right above the rails and spanned almost the entire length of the body so I don't know if sound emitters would need to be that large. makes more sense that they were mufflers or something.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hi to both fellow BCer's.

They are running an exercise for the olympics next week, so they are probably around for that.

The second of three full-scale security exercises ahead of the 2010 Olympics is beginning on Feb. 9 in Whistler and the Lower Mainland.

Exercise Silver, a series of drills taking place over 10 days, is designed to test security, safety and emergency responses to incidents that might arise during the Games, said RCMP Assistant Commissioner Bud Mercer, COO of the V2010 integrated security unit.

www.metronews.ca...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I live in Kamloops, somewhat near the hospital and I see helicopters here all the time, .. sometimes they aren't coming from or going to the hospital and they are in some cases "hovering" in certain areas then flying away etc.. and these suspicious helicopters do not originate nor is their destination the hospital.
I haven't lived here for very long, but there has been more helicopter traffic lately; I've also seen a "ufo" because I have no idea what kind of aircraft it was, but it was yellow and black with a "dome" bubble window in the front of it that gave off a "vapor" trail or smoke trail, . .I ran inside to get my camera but by the time I returned it had disappeared along with the trail which I found highly suspicious ..

But who knows what they have planned, . .the economy is craptacular and the Olympics are a good cover to practice whatever it is they are practicing so perhaps John Titors civil war was just a few years off? lol
Us humans sure have a way of self-fulfilling prophecy, we're so blind to our collective power we program the worst ideas and generalizations for our cultures to build off of and we end up creating the most ridiculous problems because we aren't focused on what is good and getting better, we instead use the past and other excuses to hold ourselves back and argue amongst each other about the most ludicrous things, instead of focusing on where we can get along and move forward.

[edit on 2/7/2009 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Guys get a grip, they are practicing security for the Olympics,end of discussion.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Excellent LOL after bee4 suggested it I went and found the same article describing the training drills.

thanks for the input ya'll Would still like to know out of curiosity what kind of choppers those were...very cool and very quiet
and of coourse very black

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
upload.wikimedia.org...
www.damcamp.com...
xcuse small post

[edit on 8-2-2009 by all2human]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

nope all2...they were black but that's about the same shape of them. The body was really very long and they were BIG and rather wide at the middle. I saw them as they flew toward me, directly overhead, and as they flew past and they were painted solid black.

I'm guessing they are either military or RCMP special Unit and I was looking at some online and the closest match is the Griffin for body shape and size...but I can't find any with any kind of tubes on the flanks.

they were very quiet...I did mention that...it wasn't a typical whoop whoop of a chopper it was really low and thudding sounding felt it more than heard it.

I'll keep looking, if anyone thinks they know the type I would be interested...the RCMP don't have any highly tactical choppers other than the griffin so that's likely it just painted and fitted with different peripherals.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Apart from the Olympics.
It could be a movie being filmed, considering the majority of Hollywood movies are shot in or around Vancouver and BC.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
[edit on 7-2-2009 by all2human]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
cool all2

personally I'm vacating before the Olympics...it's a gonna be a frigging mess and I want's no part of it

Thanks again for the insight !

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
sharpshooter-maj.com...
This was the exact type/heli i saw,black and green camo Griffin,hope that helps

I also saw one of these:www.djkennedy.com... was half expecting it to fall from the sky.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by all2human]

top topics

join