It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama here to allow Bush to get away with it all?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Over the last few years I have seen tons of accusations/conspiracy theories etc etc regarding the way the US government has behaved.

I'm talking about 9/11 being an inside job, the Bush family funding wars, their ownership of oil companies, the list goes on.

Without getting into a debate about whether these are true or not, I notice that Barak Obama seems quite highly thought of in the US. If so, could it be argued that he has been 'put' into power by the same Elite that ruled Bush, to take away the public's attention regarding the above accusations?

If Obama starts doing a great job of recovering the US economy and bringing peace to the Middle East etc, then will most people forget everything Bush has been accused of in the past? More to the point, as time goes by, will truths become harder and harder to uncover...?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Why in the world would *Obama* be here to cover up for GWB???? If Obama continues on the path he is on, he is set to be one of the worst presidents in history. That might draw away from how bad GWB was, but, I sincerely doubt that he is here to do such an amazing job that everyone forgets W.

Wow, people sure put a lot of stock in BHO. This is one of the most far fetched theories I have read. The assumption that BHO will bring world peace and fix the economy to cover up for W. Wow, I really am not sure I can even think of anything else but wow.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I spy a possible conspiracy, albeit a different one..

with all the hoo-hah about the Obama presidency, and how he is the 'first' 'black' president, is it not possible that TPTB that controlled Bush also control Obama, and are set on ruining his Presidency, so that they can say "Look what happens when Black People have power!!"

Divide and conquer. Maybe they've got back to the former and the latter will come in a far more heavy handed way than people expect?

People are easier to control when they aren't united. And what better way to turn the American people against each other than to play the race card, undoing the good work of the last 40-50 years?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Why in the world would *Obama* be here to cover up for GWB????

Not cover up as such, but merely divert attention away from GWB. Let's be honest, the Bush family have really been in the conspiracists' spotlight over the last few years.

If Obama continues on the path he is on, he is set to be one of the worst presidents in history. That might draw away from how bad GWB was, but, I sincerely doubt that he is here to do such an amazing job that everyone forgets W.

In the UK we don't really get to hear about what people think of him. We just saw lots of happy faces when he was elected and inaugurated, so we presume everyone is in his favour.

This is one of the most far fetched theories I have read.

Its not a theory. Its an idea. I was curious to know what people think. You've certainly made that obvious.

The assumption that BHO will bring world peace and fix the economy to cover up for W.

Whether it be that, or as you say do the total opposite and be the worst president. Either way the idea is the same. Its about whether people who have acted suspiciously in the past can breath a sigh of relief now that they're out of the spotlight.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The only reason anyones mad at Bush is the media. Once you understand their game, you realize you are simply always reacting to their actions.

They act, we react. It's silly. Bush wasn't a bad president. He was average.

President's can't do much other than grab power during times of War.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I thought the same thing when I heared that bush went home in a helicopter...

WHAT ABOUT THE WAR CRIMES? There were NO WMDs, and 9/11 is a blatant lie, so where's the justice?????????????????????????????????????????? !

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time=Now
WHAT ABOUT THE WAR CRIMES? There were NO WMDs, and 9/11 is a blatant lie, so where's the justice?????????????????????????????????????????? !

You got it. And who's going to make it happen?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Are you sheeple STILL crying about this?

I hope you are aware that the current Dictator of the US is going to be getting away with A LOT more. I will give you a few examples..

-Your country
-Your money
-Your liberties

Just to name a few.

Seriously ... Just stfu about Bush ...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

Who are you to tell anyone to "stfu"?

*On Topic*

I will be greatly disappointed if Obama continues any of the Bush administration's policies. I do think they should be held accountable for authorization of torture and domestic wiretapping.

Spying on Americans is treason, plain as day.

[edit on 2/10/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by Cio88

Who are you to tell anyone to "stfu"?

*On Topic*

I will be greatly disappointed if Obama continues any of the Bush administration's policies. I do think they should be held accountable for authorization of torture and domestic wiretapping.

He already has agreet to continue renditions.
Actually, it is not. Do a little research.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

I was speaking from my point of view, thanks. It seems like a treasonous act to me, I wasn't speaking in legal terms. I do know that it is unconstitutional, and that's enough for me.

And I know about rendition, but it also clearly states NOT FOR TORTURE. Show me Obama authorizing torture and releasing memos on interrogation tactics that involve torture, and then we can discuss it.

*Edit:

In case you need further demonstration of what I was talking about:

Definition of Treason

1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

I would say a deliberate breach of the most important right of American citizens to be a betrayal of trust, and a violation of his allegiance to our nation.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HiveTyrant

Is Obama here to allow Bush to get away with it all?

And risk having the next President do the same for him? I think not. Obama is pursuing many of the same policies that Bush did. Both pushed bailout bills, and both have raided the American taxpayers pockets to pay off the bankers, and wall street crooks. Obama is already rattling his sabre over Afghanistan, and threatening Pakistan, so those who thought he would be a "peace" candidate, you are sorely disappointed, I'm sure. (And I haven't even mentioned what he has planned for Iran!)
God, people, stop thinking that there is a difference between Democrats and Republicans. They are both part of the same scheme to dominate the world, and YOUR money. You think things will be better with Reid, Pelosi, and Frank running things now? God, look at what they are doing. They've already hijacked any semblance of democracy. Geesh!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
We miss out on all this gossip over the pond from you guys.

So sadly it seems that he is pushed by the same might and power as the previous people in his shoes.

What is to be done to sort this s--t out?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

I agree with you.

Too bad Obama and Congress didn't feel that way and gave retroactive immunity.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

No link or anything? Help me out here man!

top topics

join