It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE are the Aliens & We ARE alone.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Synopsis:
Quite a few years back (on another forum in another country) I postulated the theory that:

1. We - the Human Race - are the only occupants of the universe, and
2. "Alien" activity that we see is actually US, having travelled in time.

Narrative:
Imagine that the human race continues to exist on earth for the coming milennia, until such time that we must leave. Some or all humans, it doesn't really matter.

These emigre humans move off into space to colonise the universe. Over ensuing milennia, these humans gradually begin to evolve to accommodate the new environment.

Now, imagine if this new environment is dimmer than earth, and with a much lower gravity than earth, and may in fact be totally enclosed within an artificial environment.

What might the resulting human look like?
1. Larger eyes to account for reduced light levels.
2. Pale skin as a result of loss of solar radiation.
3. Lowered muscle tone as a result of reduced gravity.

Sounds like a "grey" to me.

And in the distant future these humans discover ways to travel in time, and decide to come back to mother earth, for whatever compelling reasons extant in the milennia hence, like (to name a few):
1. Resources,
2. Genetic material,
3. Tourism, or
4. Security

The time travel paradox accounts for the reluctance of "aliens" to establish overt contact with us in the "present".

Your thoughts?

**Disclaimer**
I haven't seen anything like this in ATS, but I apologise if I missed it and someone has already covered it.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
you've almost got it buddy.. the deduction is correct but there is a common universal law that would never allow a being to come back and manipulate itself for any sort of gain. but.. how about a very similar race from far, far away.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
With respect, that's quite a preposterous and arrogant hypothesis.

Do you really believe that with the billions upon billions of solar systems, that we are actually alone in the universe?

Wreaks of a self-centered view, in which Earth is the center of the universe. We aren't that significant compared to the bigger picture with all due respect.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well the fact that there is life on our planet means there is life in the universe, but when you start to talk about what kind of life the odds grow larger and larger that they will be few and far in between as you stipulate anything beyond just "life".

So if we say life then the answer is yes, if we say space fairing intelligent life then the answer is maybe yes, but the odds are so large that if there were races like that the distance between the few would make it unlikely they would ever meet.

You can have life, as in a mold, and you can have intelligent life, but nothing says they can ever have the ability to travel in space…think of dolphins as an example...

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well, one flaw i found in your theory is if they have the capability to travel back in time to prevent their current appearence and frailty, why wouldn't they do it?

Also I agree that it is very naive to claim that we are the only species in the entire universe. It's like saying the earth is flat and the only humans were the ones that were on explored continents.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Your theory appears right about us being our own aliens. Most of the 'drawings' (as per eye-witness accounts) of these would-be aliens happen to have at least a 'head' containing a pair of eyes and ears, one nose and one mouth and a 'torso' with a pair of arms and legs and maybe a tail.

Everything else we see of this planet could be really 'out of this world' like sea urchins, jelly fishes, crabs, insects, spiders, amoebas, etc.

[edit on 2009-2-06 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Piky, you play dirty, your avatar makes it hard for me to disagree with you.

Your theory makes a bit of sense to me though.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble but this has been done many times before ... especially here on ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is even a bad, straight to TV, movie made on the subject ... but the name of it escapes even google ...

But thats not to say it's not a cool idea to consider ... and that's not to say that it can't be discussed here on ATS ... again ... so have fun with it!

As for me ... I think that the intelligent life in galaxy is common, and that Life is one of the fundamental forces in our universe ... like gravity and the weak and strong forces

Edit - made things a little neater ...

[edit on 6/2/09 by Horza]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
While I must admit I find this to be a compelling notion, it does reek of humanity's arrogance. Not to say that's necessarily a dig against the OP, but I find it a rediculious notion that intelligent life hasn't emerged elsewhere, independant of the Earth and humanity.

Not to run off on a Carl Sagan tangent, but there are BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of stars in the known universe. If just a fraction of those support a star system, and just a fraction of those... well, we've all heard this a thousand times

Perhaps the "two arms, two legs" platform represents the pinnacle of evolition. I personally don't believe that, but it's just an idea I'm throwing out there.

Honestly, I'm not entirely willing to accept that our planet is being visited by beings from elsewhere at all. I'd need to see more evidence. I haven't personally seen a UFO, but the sheer number of reported sightings does make for some compelling food for thought.

The idea that 'grays' are essentially US from the future or perhaps another demension is a compelling one, but to then go on to say flatly that intelligent life beyond humanity hasn't arisen anywhere - you lost me there.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
TC, that has been thought up before, like I know everyone thinks they thought it up first but seriously, the very fact that "greys" look ANYTHING remotely similar to us is evidence enough that somehow, someway they're related.

There is absolutely NO way possible that another race in another galaxy evolved almost the exact same way we humans did.

No. #ing. Way.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Good posts, thanks!

I do, however concede that there may be other life out there, but that it is intelligent and visiting us...not so sure.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

Timet travel is a sham dude, practicle time travel beyond the relative bounds of space-time anyway, it's pretty much the least likely possibility and explination for UFOs, but heck, if what you and plenty of people have said is true, then I'll be flying my UFO over the dakota in NY... I think I'll go to 8/23/1974, yikes I didn't expect Lennon to be naked, well I guess your right.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

Well I somewhat agree with the OP. Its not a new thought to me or others I suspect. I kicked off a thread some time ago “Odds are aliens are not here” I mention this because your thread is similar - being in two parts.

The first part is all about the possibility of humans surviving to leave this planet and time travel. Surviving means just that, wars faming, asteroid, virus and many many more. It’s not in our favour you got to say, but not impossible.

Second part is why aliens would look like us, that is eyes nose and mouth configuration this configuration is from earth. Not just humans but most living things have this configuration. I realise that all life could have been planted here accidentally or on purpose.

From a logic point of view it sounds reasonable and another reason why they haven’t interfered to the best of our knowledge.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Wouldn't it suck to be able to travel in time, with the ability to do and see whatever you want; then you realise just how damn ugly you've become! Would not go down well with whomever you might try to impress.

Greys aren't the most handsome of entities...

So, you'd rule out time travel completely as being feasible?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR1159

Time travel; although highly improbable, is not impossible. The technicalities are where scientists/researchers differ in dispute.

Greys? .. Granted these entities most likely exist considering it all started from Roswell, and I personally believe Roswell to be mostly accurate to this day..however it's been far from proven that these entities even exist, but even if they did; and had some similar features to humans.. doesn't necessarily mean that they're from Earth..

For all we know; there could be millions of Earth like planets in which biological evolution is similar. Never discount such a possibility, especially since IMO it's far more probable than time travel.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR1159
reply to post by Razimus

Wouldn't it suck to be able to travel in time, with the ability to do and see whatever you want; then you realise just how damn ugly you've become! Would not go down well with whomever you might try to impress.

Yeah I get your point entirely.
I have thought about this before alot.
But I get to the point where I just cant fathom it anymore, I get to a block in the thought process.
I just cant think about it anymore because it gets to confusing.
But what you are saying is not stupid its a decent theory.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Saying we are alone is like saying there is only one dark grain of sand amongst the vast light colored grains.

Go to a beach, dip your hand into the sand...you will find more than one dark grain of sand amongst many light colored grains of sand.

There have been many new forms of life found in areas of planet Earth that we once thought life could not survive. There is even microbial life found on meteor rocks. Life can be so diversified that to limit its potentials for exsistance to only something like us is IMO, an extremely closed minded observation.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Ahh yes, but not all alien life is necessarily capable of interstellar travel. Just as all life on earth in not equipped to go flying.

When I say we alone, I mean alone in terms of our "ilk".

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

**Disclaimer**
I haven't seen anything like this in ATS, but I apologise if I missed it and someone has already covered it.

Well the "ETs are time travellers" theory isn't unique, but always worth revisiting. There are past threads of course on this, but who knows how old without a thorough search...

It certainly explains a lot of things, but at the same time, would presume that the Universe is really a big waste of space. Statistics are firmly on the side of life existing on other worlds, maybe even other worlds right in our backyard........

So, even if the Grays were time travellers, that wouldn't necessarily mean that other "aliens" don't exist... For all we know, they could even still be enroute to us...or even their signals could be... Will we be using the same tech at the same time we're capable of interpreting such a signal and when the signal arrives? Well, that's the cosmic crapshoot that makes SETI such a challenge and a matter of total luck.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Seems more likely that there are different species of extraterrestrials- humans obviously being one of them...But what made me think that in the first place is the animals on this planet...Clearly some of their genes were distributed around the universe and there must be another race of who knows what out there...You really can't rule anything out- we have ABSOLUTELY NO idea what the universe has going on, only what we're told. I sincerely doubt that we are the only species and/or are time traveling, seeing ourselves as the aliens.

Doesn't add up. All of our genes are extraterrestrial...meaning not of this planet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join