It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you received your IRS refund yet?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I was laid off from my job back in November, and since I had only worked there for 8 months, and had been previously self-employed, I am not eligible for unemployment. I am really having a hard time as a single mom. I lost my house, and I have been barely surviving. As soon as I got my W-2 I filed my taxes to get my refund. The IRS refund cycle chart said that I should receive my direct deposit on Jan 30. I have been waiting patiently, trying to hold off the bill collectors. I checked the IRS website 2 days ago and it said that I should be receiving my refund any day. Tonight I checked again and it said "due to processing delays, my refund would be delayed until at least Feb 24. Has anyone else experienced this problem, or is it just me?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Did you e-File and do the direct deposit? Checks take a lot longer.

I filed mine on Monday, and the IRS site says I'll get my refund on the 10th (Tuesday).

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yes, I did e-file and ask for direct deposit as I do every year. I filed mine on Jan 20, which is the first day they accepted returns. You might want to check with the IRS site yourself and see what they say about your refund. You can click on "Where's my refund?" and get information about when to expect your refund. They changed the info on mine since Tuesday when I last checked.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CindyfromFlorida

I check mine daily due to my inherent distrust of the IRS.
The IRS site is down right now, but I called the refund hotline and got the same date. Mine will not hit my bank account for a few extra days (TurboTax has its own middle man who the money goes to first).

Try calling them. I have had to do that a few times. I was on hold for about half an hour, but I did get some good info. It's a hassle, but for me, it was worth it.

I have had problems in the past when I have filed early.....my refund got delayed several times during different years. I always wait until the first work day in February to do them now and haven't had any problems.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Mine has been delayed now since the 19th of Jan. & it has a date of the 17th of Feb now for my deposit. (Started out with a date of Feb. 3rd)

I've called several times & have been told it is under review & they can't see why. Then I heard two days ago that if you claimed any additional stimulus money, it will automatically go for a manual review. My stimulus was apparently $2 short & so the stinking IRS is holding my money over $2 stupid dollars.

I love how the IRS can hold my money (overpaid in taxes) for weeks on end, but if I held up money I owed them you can bet they would want it ASAP.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

What do you mean, claimed stimulus money? I was asked that by TurboTax, but it didn't factor onto my forms anywhere. I just put in what I got ($600), but it didn't show up on my forms or factor into my income.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I guess my stimulus check was $2 short so when I did my return, a form was added on to claim that $2.

Also, I guess some people who were entitled to a check, did not get it, also, people who had children in 2008 will get additional stimulus money.

I guess it is causing headaches for the IRS and it is holding up a lot of refunds.

Then again, this could be an excuse. There are many people complaining about delayed refunds when they didn't claim any additional stimulus so it might just be an excuse the IRS came up with because they're slow this year.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CindyfromFlorida

No.. You aren't the only one.. I am receiving the same processing delay from the irs on our return and we were really hoping for it on the 6th of February (Friday) but now it says by February 24, 2009 and you can't call until after then..

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I received my state refund already (Indiana). My federal is estimated to be deposited on or before Feb 13th. Can't wait!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm currenty going through the same thing.. Filed taxes early was due refund1/30/2009 dates then changed several times 2/3-2/24 Wheres My Refund states processing delay I have also hade codes change Tax topic 152 then went to reference number 1102. Called IRS was told I will get a letter on the 24 to let me know exactly what the reason may be. Very unsure whats going on at this point. All I do know nothing changed on my part as far as my tax INFO..I owe no other debts their is a number you can call to find out f you owe any outstanding debts 1-800-304-3107 Debt Refund Hotline.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I got my state refund 3 days after I filed my taxes. My federal is due tomorrow...hopefully, no delays.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
We used Turbotax and our return was accepted on the 20th of Jan. We finally got our direct deposit on Feb. 6th. The IRS website showed that it wouldn't be ready until the 10th. My son still hasn't gotten his and his deposit is scheduled for the 10th also. My understanding is that they only do direct deposits on Fridays. I don't know if this is just for Turbotax customers or if the IRS uses this schedule also.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by soldiermom

Remember, TurboTax uses a middleman. The IRS will deposit the refund into their bank first, then a couple of days later, it will show up in your account.

I think their bank is Santa Monica (or Barbara) Bank and Trust....or something like that....

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Yes, it's Santa Barbara Bank and Trust. I was surprised we got it on the 6th because the day before I got an e-mail from them stating that it wouldn't be deposited until the 13th.

We've used Turbotax for the last 7 years and this is the first time that we didn't get it on the date they (initially) gave us. We only had to wait an extra week but it's still worrisome because you sit around wondering if some mistake has been made.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by soldiermom]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I just checked the status of my refund....it originally said it would be deposited by 2/17/09...now because of processing delays it says 3/3/2009. I know that they are having processing problems with the Rebate Covery Credit...but I didn't get it, so why should mine be delayed. I am only hoping that it comes before then....

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I filed for four people (including myself). I filed on 2/2 and rec'd my refund on 2/10. I filed the second one on 2/4 and it was deposited on 2/11. The last two were accepted on 2/5 and they were to be deposited on 2/13. One is still saying the 13th, but the other is now saying the 24th. I used Taxact with all four returns. I wonder why the date changed.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I sent my efile through Turbo Tax. First date of expected return was Feb 17, now Feb 24th. It sucks anticipating monies like that. I cannot even get through to be on hold to the IRS. I do not know what the delay could be. My mom got hers right on the first expected date, and here I sit and wait... Anyone else had a date change from the 17th to the 24th and should I expect further delays. The IRS website does not give me a note of processing errors.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Using Turbo Tax (which I always do) I got mine earlier than the IRS said I would. My direct deposit came from US Treasury.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So did anybody receive their refunds on the 10th? It seems many people had that date, but i haven't heard any confirmations of deposits. I was stated as deposited already on the 10th, I still haven't heard or seen anything deposited or pending.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I got mine on the 10th. I used TurboTax so it went to SBBT, but it was deposited to them on the 10th....just like the IRS site said.

Now, hopefully, SBBT will keep their word and it will be in my account first thing in the morning.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join