It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you received your IRS refund yet?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Wow.

I really think this thread is jumping the gun a bit. Employers have until January 31st to post-date your W2. If you have already received your refund, consider yourself lucky, otherwise, consider yourself status quo.

No need to make people worry, there's enough economic anxiety to go around as is...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Did eFile on 2/5 and it was desposited into my account today 2/12.

I have used the free TaxACT Online for the last 5 years or so and never had any problem.....

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i did mine throught turbo tax on 1/16/2009/it was accepted 1/18/2009///i got it back on my daughter birthday 1/30/2009/ i was so happy she really wanted to go see chucky cheese//she been going since she turned 1 yrs old//and i been having a very hard time meeting my bills/thank god

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I filed mine electronically on 2/3/09
it was accepted and it was proceed. it said i'd receieve DD on 2/13, in which i did not, it now says 2/24/09 unless any errors are found.

I am thinking maybe because of my education credit? i never had this problem before

my friend who filed his after me and wrote of 27,000 worth of crap got his with no problem on 2/13/09...

I dont understand!!!
I hate the US Government Tax System

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I filed on Feb 8 and was supposed to receive mine on Feb. 20th now my date has been pushed back now to Feb. 24th. My mother filed on Feb. 10th and her deposit date has been changed now to Feb. 24th as well. I'm gonna keep checking to see if it changes again.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CindyfromFlorida

I have been hearing on MSN that a lot of States are giving out IOUs instead of refunds, I take you live in Florida. Hope you get it soon, there is a lot of people hurting....Americans can sure use the supposed $1000 stimulus money also, IF it comes to us, that is. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am having the same problems as most of you.

I used HRBLOCK, filed on the Feb 4th, accepted on Feb 4th, given a date of 2/13/09 on the HRBLOCK site, given date of 2/17/09 on IRS website.

My mother did hers on Feb 2nd, accepted on the 3rd, used turbotax, was depostited last Tuesday morning the 2/10/09.

I still have not recieved my refund, and as of 10 minutes ago it is still saying I should recieve it by 2/17/09.

We have file electronically since 2001, and I have never had this problem before.

I am hopeing to recieve it soon.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I have the same situation you have except I used Turbo Tax. Turbo Tax said we'd get our refund on Feb 13, but the IRS site said Feb 17. Nothing has been posted to our bank account as of 4:00 p.m today. I'm hoping the holiday has something to do with but with all these other people here and on other sites complaining of a hold up....I'm thinking there may be a waiting game. Sure would be nice if the IRS would at least post such difficulties to their home page; that would set people at ease and ease up their incoming phone calls.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I have the same situation you have except I used Turbo Tax. Turbo Tax said we'd get our refund on Feb 13, but the IRS site said Feb 17. Nothing has been posted to our bank account as of 4:00 p.m today. I'm hoping the holiday has something to do with but with all these other people here and on other sites complaining of a hold up....I'm thinking there may be a waiting game. Sure would be nice if the IRS would at least post such difficulties to their home page; that would set people at ease and ease up their incoming phone calls.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I sent mine out about a week and a half ago snail mail.

I just checked "Where's My Refund?" and the claim is that my refund will be direct deposited tomorrow 2/18.

Not a bad turn around time.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I helped 2 of my inlaws efile their taxes feb 3rd and they were both supposed to be direct deposit, every time we check the Where's My Refund site, the info changes, for a week it said that they should receive their refund by 2/17, then it changed to 2/24, for another week, now today it says that there is no info available on either one of their refunds and to check back in a week..I'm kind of glad to know that they aren't the only ones having problems with this stuff.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

did your money hit today?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I was supposed to get my refund on 2/13/09 then it said that I should have it by 2/17/09 when I called the IRS they said they had to make a few corrections and that I should allow the 3 weeks for the refund to be deposited and that they only do deposits on fridays so that it could be this friday 2/20 or no later then 2/27. I asked what the corrections were and he said he didn't know because its still in processing and in my normal time frame. I checked the "where is my refund site today and now it says its still processing and to call 800-829-0582 ext 462 if I had any questions regarding my refund. I don't know whats going on I thought they might be audting but it seems its something with the IRS that is holding up all of our checks.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This system is so messed up. Before Feb. 11, there were about 5 forms that were not updated. Most of us who filed before that date is just screwed. The IRS is reprocessing so many of those returns which then causes a back log for returns coming in. We were to get our refund on Feb 17, 2009. I called today as our code changed to a 1301 and gave a number to call. I was told that they are behind, the lady apologized and said many people who had that deposit date will not see their deposit until Feb 27. She did tell me that the Feb 27 date is in "concrete"....not that that puts my mind at ease. Just another way for the government to hold onto money that isn't theirs.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Taxact.com

Based upon the acceptance date of this Federal electronic return, the Federal refund should be transferred to the appropriate bank on xxxxxx (allow 48-72 additional hours for transfer to the appropriate account). Please keep in mind, however, that the IRS does not guarantee a specific date that a refund will be deposited into a taxpayer's financial institution account or mailed. Taxpayers should wait at least three weeks from the time the electronic return data is acknowledged as accepted by the IRS before checking the status of a refund.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I e-filed my taxes and already got my state monies back awaiting the federal assuming it will take a few weeks to process.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I also have the same dates as you and I called this morning, I was told that there was a glitch, they confirmed all my info and said my dd would be in the friday.

We will see what happens. The Guy was very helpful and at first he told me you I should wait 6 weeks, then when I read what the webpage said he looked further and that is when he stated about the DD.

I hope he was right....

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Our tax refund was updated online and now reads that a deposit is scheduled to be made into our account on Feb 20th. Woo-hoo! That's a week earlier than I was quoted on the phone. Now we'll keep our fingers crossed. Both of our kids accounts were also updated to being deposited on the 20th so I'm thinking we're in. Will post if not.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I AM ALSO HAVING THE SAME ISSUES. I FILED ON THE 5TH OF FEB. AND MY DATE WAS FEB 24TH...NOW IT SAYS DUE TO PROCESSING DELAYS IT WON'T BE UNTIL MARCH 10TH. I CALLED 800-829-1040 AND TALKED TO IRS AND THEY SAID THAT IT TAKES 3 WEEKS FROM THE DATE YOU FILE WHICH WOULD BE THE 27TH. NOT VERY HELPFUL! HAS ANYBODY THAT FILED THAT HAD PROCESSING DELAYS GOTTEN THEIR TAX RETURN? HELP PUT MY WORRIED MIND AT EASE!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

We got our this morning! So just had a one week delay from the first date we were given.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join