It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using A Ouija Board Tonight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Okay everyone, This is my first thread on ATS. Me and my friends are really curious about all the stories and things that happened to people that have used the Ouija Board. All my friends and i are 19 so we are fully responsible of what happens and we know the possible consequences.

We are going to Toys R Us to go buy one in a few hours and later on we're going to use it and see what happens. it will be 4 of us in my Garage. I'll have it totally dark and use a few candles to light things up.

Now i've used a Ouija board when i was around 11 years old but i cant recall anything bad that happened. My other friends havnt used one so they're very curious to see what all the fuss is about.

Any good advice you can share with me? How to get in contact with ghosts? How to make sure no demos are going to possess any of us or anything like that? Also it sounds weird but i think we all are expecting to see something really scary. I'm really excited for this and i know this sounds weird but i hope i see something really strange or have something really scary happen. As long as there's no permanent damage.

Also I know there will be a few of you discouraging me from using it but at this point we're doing it regardless. We've heard all the stories and we're just all really curious.I will have someone writing down all questions asked and all answers. If anything interesting happens i'll be sure to let you guys know.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
not a good idea , better to use a pendulum , or go join wicca ....

they will help deal to communicate with spirits without being harmed .

if i were you, i would be concerned about my future and finding a job,as the usa economy is in doldrums like zimbabwe , rather than toying with a oujia board

the problem with oujia boards is that spirits can gain a medium to possess or kill you ...

there are other more effective ways to communicate ...

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 5-2-2009 by sadchild01]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well if your going to do it and it actually does seem to respond then ask it to do a couple things for you and I'm serious about this too I want to see if my aunts experience with one can be recreated as I know no one that has been able to have this happen

(my aunt could have been just trying to scare us but years later everyone stuck to the story)

The curtains went straight out in the house and the windows were all closed.

In the window, when the curtains flew out, it looked and sounded like a thunderstorm outside but when they opened the door it was a clear night with no wind.

I tried to tell them maybe the AC in the house was just kicking on and making a loud noise and blowing the curtains up a bit but they claim what they saw is what happened. None of them ever touched the board after that night again either.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i certainly will ask it to do things for us. I am a believer of the paranormal but i am a little skeptical of the Ouija board. If any of you have any request of what you want me to ask it or what you want me to do i'll be glad to do it.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mischief2013

i certainly will ask it to do things for us. i certainly will ask it to do things for us. I am a believer of the paranormal but i am a little skeptical of the Ouija board. f any of you have any request of what you want me to ask it or what you want me to do i'll be glad to do it.

fine enough, listen do not try it at anyone or your home. try it else where , if you are brave go try it in a graveyard, my friends and I did that some years ago and have had bad experience too

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Thanks i appreciate your feedback. The only problem i have about joining wicca is that it takes a lot of time and dedication. I'm interested in the paranormal but i dont plan for it to be my hobby. And i've never heard of using a pendulum. I'll look into the website you posted. Thanks for your concerns.

I plan to do it in my garage which is about 50ft from my house. if you don't mind can you share your story at the grave yard?

[edit on 5-2-2009 by mischief2013]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mischief2013

Thanks i appreciate your feedback. The only problem i have about joining wicca is that it takes a lot of time and dedication. I'm interested in the paranormal but i dont plan for it to be my hobby. And i've never heard of using a pendulum. I'll look into the website you posted. Thanks for your concerns.

I plan to do it in my garage which is about 50ft from my house. if you don't mind can you share your story at the grave yard?

[edit on 5-2-2009 by mischief2013]

yes, i don't like talking about it , but still
after using it and when ridculing it when nothing happening , we ended up with bad cuts and marks on various parts of our body spontanously and that scared us and we ran like hell out of that graveyard, me and my friends believed that the spirts didn't like being disturbed from their sleep .
thankfully , we didn't play with that demonic toy again and all of us sweared never to do it again

I plan to do it in my garage which is about 50ft from my house.

not a good idea , distance must be greater,

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Interesting, when I was a little kid, the curtains stood straight out in to the room and the windows were closed. I had not messed with a Ouija board or anything. After the curtains fell back to their normal position, all kinds of horrifying things started to happen in my room.

This is not the first time I have heard of the connection between curtains and paranormal issues.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I really started not to even bother to respond since regardless of the warnings you are determined to do this, but here goes. You absolutely should not be fooling around with this. Do you think it is some sort of plot against the game company that every notable person involved with any spiritual activity speaks out against these things.

They are dangerous, any spirit of any sort can manipulate the cursor and you are leaving yourself open to more problems that you will even know how to handle. Admittedly you and your friends have NO EXPERIENCE with spirits and you want to call Ghosts?????

When you have your hands full and things are happening to you and in your house, you will be back asking for help from the self same people that are warning you against this. Since you are determined, good luck. You know nothing of spiritual protection and you are headed straight for TROUBLE.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mischief2013

Thanks i appreciate your feedback. The only problem i have about joining wicca is that it takes a lot of time and dedication. I'm interested in the paranormal but i dont plan for it to be my hobby.

*sigh* Not again....I seem have this conversation every month here about sodding Ouija boards, which despite being sold by Toy R Us, are definitely not toys.

Your reluctance to put time and dedication into genuine paranormal development and investigation shows how vulnerable you are. There might not be any scary happenings tonight, but opening the portal that the boards hide is ABSOLUTELY NOT A GOOD IDEA! You need training to use one properly....a lot of training.

But you're going to do it anyway...I just always feel compelled to issue the warning. Stuff can stick and manifest itself slowly over years in a way that you might not connect with what goes on tonight, or it really could be really, really unpleasant more immediately.

Buy a Tarot deck and do the homework...more useful and MUCH safer.

Cait

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hi,
I'm not experienced with paranormal or ouija boards but I will go ahead and say it prob isnt the best of ideas. Listen to your fellow ATS'ers and remember... Curiosity killed the cat.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Wethesheeple]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I really started not to even bother to respond since regardless of the warnings you are determined to do this, but here goes. You absolutely should not be fooling around with this. Do you think it is some sort of plot against the game company that every notable person involved with any spiritual activity speaks out against these things.

They are dangerous, any spirit of any sort can manipulate the cursor and you are leaving yourself open to more problems that you will even know how to handle. Admittedly you and your friends have NO EXPERIENCE with spirits and you want to call Ghosts?????

When you have your hands full and things are happening to you and in your house, you will be back asking for help from the self same people that are warning you against this. Since you are determined, good luck. You know nothing of spiritual protection and you are headed straight for TROUBLE.

i appreciate your warnings. I really do. But your post is saying that i WILL get ghosts and will be haunted ETC. I'm not denying the possibility but you speak with such certainty. There are people who have had good experiences with them and genuinely enjoy the game with no harm being done. They speak to spirits and learn about them and such. I am reading on how we can stay protected during this. Thank you for your advice and knowledge.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I tried this years ago and have not touched it since. We were in contact with who turned out to be our great-grandfather on our mother's side. He asked us to go and pray for him (because he had sinned)....se we asked my mother where he was buried and went. We couldnt find his grave so we just stood near the church and prayed. When we got back we asked him if that was ok and he said thanks but dont practise this again because its evil and knocked all the letters off the table (we had made our own ouija). It certainly did spook us for a while.
The thing is he told us his name..which turned out to be correct. Do you know your great grandfathers name on your mothers side? We didnt. I still get goosepimples when I think about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You will NOT contact ghosts of relatives. You WILL however open your little world up to DEMONIC forces that can and will harm you!!! Heed the warnings put that thing out of your head. If you want to be spooked, go see a movie or something that cannot harm you.

-Quin

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If it does work, you should ask it for the next set of winning lottery numbers...

It may require an animal sacrifice on top of the board, but hey...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
The thing is he told us his name..which turned out to be correct. Do you know your great grandfathers name on your mothers side? We didnt. I still get goosepimples when I think about it.

It is very possible that you have heard the name mentioned somewhere previously and it was stored in your memory unbeknown to you - you moved the planchette or glass or whatever subconsciously - the paper blowing is easily explained by a participant's exhalation after reading what the board had told you... I will pose one question to you, if the spirit can physically effect objects on it's own why does it need you to move something on the board for it?

To the OP, don't worry about the board and enjoy yourself - it is whatever you want it to be. If you do believe that something could follow you and disrupt your life then it can be easily remedied by simple protection that any spiritualist will be happy to sell!

What scaremongering! Where is your evidence that anyone has been killed by a spirit or astral being? More likely this is just your opinion based purely on hearsay and urban legends - I'm more than happy to stand corrected so please share.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I tried this years ago and have not touched it since. We were in contact with who turned out to be our great-grandfather on our mother's side. He asked us to go and pray for him (because he had sinned)....se we asked my mother where he was buried and went. We couldnt find his grave so we just stood near the church and prayed. When we got back we asked him if that was ok and he said thanks but dont practise this again because its evil and knocked all the letters off the table (we had made our own ouija). It certainly did spook us for a while.

see this is what im talking about. This is what i want to have happen. It would be wonderful to be able to talk to my grandparents who have passed away. I understand there is certain risk. I'm not going to deny that but the fact is I'm never sure about anything until i experience it myself. If something interesting does happen tonight this will confirm my beliefs. I will have no doubt in my heart about it. Thats mainly what i want to accomplish tonight. To remove any doubt in my heart about the paranormal. Everything i believe in seems to be intangible and impossible to be sure of. This is probably the only thing i can be sure about.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I just had a fun idea too, if there really is something to ouija boards other than tricks of the mind we should do one simultaneously, ask it things about each party that would be impossible to know from a couple of forum posts and have a third party verify and control it all.

ATS paranormal experiments ahoy!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

We were very young and neither my brother or I had ever gone into family history..the name had just never come up. The other two "players" were just friends so wouldnt have a clue.
And I should have said the glass flew round the table and knocked each letter off and then landed on the floor..no exhaltion would explain that.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

It is very possible that you have heard the name mentioned somewhere previously and it was stored in your memory unbeknown to you - you moved the planchette or glass or whatever subconsciously - the paper blowing is easily explained by a participant's exhalation after reading what the board had told you... I will pose one question to you, if the spirit can physically effect objects on it's own why does it need you to move something on the board for it?

To the OP, don't worry about the board and enjoy yourself - it is whatever you want it to be. If you do believe that something could follow you and disrupt your life then it can be easily remedied by simple protection that any spiritualist will be happy to sell!

What scaremongering! Where is your evidence that anyone has been killed by a spirit or astral being? More likely this is just your opinion based purely on hearsay and urban legends - I'm more than happy to stand corrected so please share.

Thank you this is exactly what I'm thinking. I'm out to see if this is really true and what not and if something does happen it is not like there's no one that can help me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join