It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids get their wish and have their school renamed to 'Barack Obama Elementary School'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Does this mean we are going to get another remake of Rock and Roll High School any time soon?

(So many subtle references with one question. How many can you find?)

Edit after finding an article:

I guess it does. Scary stuff indeed.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by marg6043
will have to swallow this one

Yep. It's just funny watching people fawn over this guy who has done nothing but get elected to an office.

Nothing? eh? He has already done more good than Bush did in 8 years. Creating hope, inspiration and more for millions plus finally bringing the US out of the age of slavery that dragged on with minorities being suppressed and forced to live in crappy neighborhoods while attending schools not fit for a gerbil all while the white kids attend junior high football games in 10 million dollar stadiums in the suburbs.

Another instance I would like to point out is that I have a Canadian friend who said to me, "I normally wouldnt support a negro to hold that level of office but Obama I like". That alone is a big step forward for America at home and on the world stage.

He has forever changed the way millions if not a billion people "see" African Americans and what they can achieve.

The public schools that serve minorities in the US are sad to say the least. Pathetic is a better word to describe the situation. Obama gives all those kids and their parents hope that they may indeed finally get a computer or a music class for once.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
He is just a man after all, he is nothing special in my eyes.

[edit on 2/5/0909 by Trayen11]

I would say he IS special if he can rally the populace to finally beat down the scammers and those that rigged the last 2 elections. He deserves more than a school named after him for this simple fact.

Do you think the scammers didn't try to rig this thing for McCain? I am sure they did and Obama's team whooped their war mongering butts.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
If it is so easy to get elected, I wanna see you do it.

I didn't say it was easy. But that's all he did... be elected.

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
Creating hope, inspiration and more for millions plus finally bringing the US out of the age of slavery that dragged on ...

Is it cherry or grape. I've just been wondering ..

'Hope' and 'change' are campaign rhetorics straight from Saul Alinsky . "hope and change' rhetoric doesn't run a country or get things done that are good for this country. It just gets a lawyer-politician elected.

Oh .. and slavery ended over 150 years ago.

He's just a lawyer-politician who has accomplished nothing other than being elected to office. If poor minority schools want to name their schools after him ... I'll say it again ... whatever.
It's either funny or pathetic. I haven't decided which. Perhaps it's both.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
He didnt just get elected.

He also sued Citibank into making bad loans to people who couldnt pay them back. That's a pretty great accomplishment. I guess

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

You might want to read this thread before you go any further about how Obama is politically 'different'. He isn't.

And considering the promises he's already broken about 'change' .. for example - 'no lobbyist will find a job in my white house' ...

and so on ... and so on ..

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
He also sued Citibank into making bad loans to people who couldnt pay them back.

some info here

Obama sued Citibank under CRA to force it to make high-risk bad-investment loans, affirmative action style, to people who he/they knew couldn't pay it back.

This is part of why we are in a housing crisis today.
This is part of why we are in an economic crisis today.

Wonder how many of those poor minority children who want their school named for this man, are suffering due to the ecoomic crisis? I'm sure they dont know the part that Obama played in bringing it all about.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Does this mean we are going to get another remake of Rock and Roll High School any time soon?

(So many subtle references with one question. How many can you find?)

"Things sure have changed since we got kicked out of high school. "

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Wonder how many of those poor minority children who want their school named for this man, are suffering due to the ecoomic crisis?

They are suffering because America still punishes minorities. They don't even have a 401k that can disappear to begin with. Why? Because of the simple reason they are Hispanic and Black. Tell me again that slavery was abolished 150 years ago. Obama's presidency finally put an end to that 'ERA'. At least in the eyes of the world. 150 years ago all they did was remove the shackles and quit crackin the whips. Tell me, who bags your groceries and washes your car, picks up your trash each week?

Now that Obama is Pres perhaps we will see more Black bankers and CEOs. You getting my drift?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

They are suffering because America still punishes minorities. They don't even have a 401k that can disappear to begin with. Why? Because of the simple reason they are Hispanic and Black.

I'm white and I don't have a 401K. Can I blame slavery?

Tell me, who bags your groceries....

I bag my own.

....and washes your car......

I wash my own. At least in the summer. Kinda cold to do that now.

..... picks up your trash each week?

Three white dudes.

Now that Obama is Pres perhaps we will see more Black bankers and CEOs. You getting my drift?

So, there should be more black bankers and CEOs, simply because of skin color and not qualifications? That ought to be interesting.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

That's just too bad if you cannot think outside the box and understand my point. I am not talking literally. Never mind I have no time to explain my post to you.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

That's just too bad if you cannot think outside the box and understand my point. I am not talking literally. Never mind I have no time to explain my post to you.

Thinking outside the box is fine. Engaging in hyperbole is something totally different.

Never mind, I have no time to explain my post to you, either.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well he's the man.
Is it too late to tell them Obama is covering up the footsteps of Bush.
Yeah, its so true.
From 911 to the bail out, the O will get the job done.
OK every one, back to work. Conspiracies are all over.
Kids you go back to school and learn well.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
He also sued Citibank into making bad loans to people who couldnt pay them back.

some info here

Obama sued Citibank under CRA to force it to make high-risk bad-investment loans, affirmative action style, to people who he/they knew couldn't pay it back.

This is part of why we are in a housing crisis today.
This is part of why we are in an economic crisis today.

Wonder how many of those poor minority children who want their school named for this man, are suffering due to the ecoomic crisis? I'm sure they dont know the part that Obama played in bringing it all about.

Then he is covering up his own foot steps.
Those kids probably have homes with Citi Bank.
And if lucky managed to keep them.
I see some homes with a large turnover of renters.

And Citi got paid off with a bail out for going according to the suit and not
good business practice, the law went over to Obama's side.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Creating hope, inspiration and more for millions plus finally bringing the US out of the age of slavery that dragged on with minorities being suppressed and forced to live in crappy neighborhoods while attending schools not fit for a gerbil all while the white kids attend junior high football games in 10 million dollar stadiums in the suburbs.

Now that it's been a few years ... wanna' recheck that ??
See what happens when you vote for someone simply on 'hope and inspiration'??
No experience. No understanding of the job. No transparency. No hope. No change.
But tons of lies and lots of corruption.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join