It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop Punches Woman In Face Four Times During Arrest For Riding A Bike

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
reply to post by PoisonousPoison

There's a reason people ride in the lit areas of the streets and avoid alleyways, it's because there used to be thugs and derelict types in the shadows and alleyways.

These days we just give them a badge and uniform and expect everyone to call them 'officer'.

The chances of having your door busted in and your home invaded by cops is about as good as by the criminals these days. That goes for muggings and getting shot in the back too.....more likely a thug cop will do you before the bad guys get a chance.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
So quick to spray someone with mace and the shmuck sprays himself.

Would have been netter if it was his glock he shot in his eyes.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

The chances of having your door busted in and your home invaded by cops is about as good as by the criminals these days. That goes for muggings and getting shot in the back too.....more likely a thug cop will do you before the bad guys get a chance.

Couldn't agree more. the only difference between the 2 is the badge.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I hope you are never on a jury if I am ever on trial for anything.

Since when does a cop have the right to walk up and cuff you for doing nothing?

She was riding her bike on the sidewalk. The MOST the guy should have done was issue her a citation for it. No handcuffs are normally placed on you for that.

I think she was well within her rights to question what he was doing, because as she put it, she wasnt doing nothing. All she was doing was asking him to explain himself before cuffing her, and IMHO, that is her right. She should have never had anything to resist. Even cuffing someone for riding on the sidewalk is excessive force when she immediately moved her bike to the street when confronted about it.

The guy was a large donkeys rear end. And if he hadnt been, there would have been no problem at all. He was the sole and complete cause of the whole thing. He was looking for trouble, and when he couldnt find any, he made some.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Jeez. He was trying to arrest er for riding her bike in an illegal place. mabye that was a bit of an over reaction, but other then that I don't see anything wrong. If she resisted arrest, like she planely was, they had a perfect right to slowly escalate force until she was subdued. I find it funny that theres been such a big hubbub over this thing. Cops did there job, but because thy're cops, and a part of the government, they must be over using force.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The best bit was when he sprayed himself...what an a$$! Shame he didnt mistake it for his tazer. Absolutely gross that a man of law can do this to a woman!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

You go mystiq, however and this is a very slight one, I think the cops knew her and this is what they will do to all of us, if they suspect you of any crime and you are driving any kind of vehicle or whatever, they "create" a reason to interagate you. They can say you were serving inside your lane or your tires did not look properly inflated and that is enough to start their process of total freaking knocking you to the ground. In no way am I defending them, but I think they knew her already because she did not put up the fight you and I would. They did a pathetic job of closing the deal and I hope they get punished.....riiiggghhhttt

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
all she needed to do was comply. once again another arrestee resists arrest.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I remember when I saw this on the news, I immediately asked my friend what the cop was doing to her at the beginning of the video. He moved in real close and put his arms around her, with his back to the police car/camera. Was he "Copping" a feel, and thats when she pushed him away? I am quite disturbed by this video. I would have rode my bike on the sidewalk too. It was foggy and there didn't seem to be room for a bike and passing cars.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
The best bit was when he sprayed himself...what an a$$! Shame he didnt mistake it for his tazer. Absolutely gross that a man of law can do this to a woman!

Or anyone!! It was three cops on one little woman from what I saw.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by houdanny

Since when is punching someone who is ALREADY HANDCUFFED and has two other portly cops on their back in the head four times part of an officer doing their job?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjsteeler
all she needed to do was comply. once again another arrestee resists arrest.

Comply? For doing what? All the cop needed to do was leave her alone.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Just disgraceful, she was riding a pushbike for christ sake !!!
A woman on a bike and the officer needs to:

1. Pepper spray her (He goofed that up).
2. Drap her off the bike by the head.
3. Put her in a headlock.
4. Call for backup????
5. Additional officers lay on her.
6. He holds her head and punches her in the face 4 times (for his stupidity!)
6. His partner Knees her in the side TWICE - (did he get charged?)

Did they go home and tell there kids what they did to PROTECT & SERVE?

I hope the department is so proud of themselves!!
That showed her !

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If she was indeed resisting arrest maybe she knew something about the cops of that area and had good reason to be scared of what they might do to her.

What happened to common sense in law enforcement? A foggy night with the 'energy saving' streetlights, that we all know don't light up the street well and she is riding her bike on the sidewalk. Just give her a break! There is no need to assault, waste three other officers time and detain her. A verbal quick 30 second "Get on the street" would have worked. People like that officer are called bullies.

Lets not let her conviction of resisting arrest guide us either. For BOTH traffic and criminal cases in the OC, there is a 98.7% conviction rate. I'm sorry but the DA has it in his favor nowadays because juries enter with a 'guilty before innocent' vote. Juries believe cops.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

In connection with the incident, Stevenson was charged with possession of coc aine, resisting arrest, providing false information to a law enforcement officer, obstruction of justice and failure to turn over a controlled dangerous substance to police.

Stevenson was found guilty in Municipal Court last June of resisting arrest. She was fined $756 plus court costs, according to court records. On the drug possession charge, she was given a conditional discharge, meaning the count would be dismissed if she stayed out of trouble.

However, Stevenson allegedly tested positive for coc aine use late last year and a warrant was issued Oct. 1 for her arrest for violating the conditions of the discharge, Municipal Court Administrator Jean DuBois-Chard said previously.

Article

Hmmm, yes, she was just innocently riding her bike around in the dark with drugs on her.

Sounds like taking her down for resisting arrest was called for but punching her in the head four times was uncalled for.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
this was millville ,new jersey. there id no millville,philadelphia. this is an extremely rural town,right next to vineland,nj.
these are pseudo-bad ass police.they have nothing really to do. they are bullies,and dream of days when real crime will hit their town.
just like all small town jersey cops,punks all.
liars cheats and theives. i know i lived there in south jersey.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Pigs!...there not cops, just pigs!

...oh, and here's your precious second line.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock2009

Did you also notice the cop push her face into the road? What a turd. No wonder so many people hate cops. Don't they teach those morons how to treat people with respect before they send them out on the job?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion

Hmmm, yes, she was just innocently riding her bike around in the dark with drugs on her.

Sounds like taking her down for resisting arrest was called for but punching her in the head four times was uncalled for.

How do you know the turds did not plant the drugs on her and she just plead guilty because she could not afford to go bankrupt?

Cops do stuff like that all the time to cover their butts. Besides, what gave him the right to search her? I think it's a railroad job and I want to punch his lights out.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
She wasn't resisting arrest.....

1. She stopped the bike.
2. Cop grabs her arm.
3. She points to where she was going.
4. Cop grabs her other arm that was pointing to where she was going.
5. Now it looks like the cop is illegally frisking her.
6. She defends herself....

[edit on 4-2-2009 by imitator]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join