It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop Punches Woman In Face Four Times During Arrest For Riding A Bike

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Video: Cop Punches Woman In Face Four Times During Arrest For Riding A Bike

www.prisonplanet.com

As reported by NBC news, Sheila Stevenson, 42, has filed a civil suit (PDF), alleging police used excessive force, after then-Millville Police Officer Carlo Drogo stopped her one year ago on February 3 2008.

The newly released video shows Drogo attempting to use pepper spray on Stevenson while she is still on the bike, but instead spraying himself in the face. As Stevenson struggles, a reeling Drogo knocks her off the bike and onto the ground.

Two more cops then arrive and haul Stevenson to the curb, one of them seemingly applying the full force of his upper arm onto her neck and head.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-2-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ahhh, another lovely case of brutality surfaces.

Let's see, 3 officers needed to subdue ONE woman, pepper spray attempt, hair pulling, forearm face planting her into the ground, and 4 punches upside the head while laying face down on the ground...Familiar pattern as of late?

And all for commiting the horrible crime of RIDING HER BICYCLE ON THE SIDEWALK!

LOL @ the instigator of this grotequery pepper-spraying HIMSELF in the face. Karma.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wow...just...WOW! when officials who are supposed to protect the people do something like this it makes me want to join that force and be the one person who would do the job the way in order to protect. Unless this woman is Chyna from WWF or (WWE if you prefer) I don't think four cops were necessary, and all for the sake of riding a bike on a side-walk? That's like if 5 cops jumped me because I'm black (Which I am) and started to J-walk in this town. (Not a lot of traffic lights).

Though I suppose perhaps the officer was venting his frustration of having hit himself with the spray, so takes it out on the woman?

Stevenson was later convicted of resisting arrest.

Well Goodness if I was punched 4 times in the face for no reason all loose holdings I have on proper behavior would have been out the window to. If it were on an officer, and Immediately take him to court for that. Even though I may just be 19 I wouldn't try to hit an officer back as they always seem to come in numbers, but this police brutality is going way to far and needs to be stopped.

Edit star and flag

[edit on 4-2-2009 by PoisonousPoison]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well i hope this opens everyones eyes on what is going on in this orwellian police state that is developing. Im sick of seeing these bike spies everywhere. I say NIMBY. Keep the bike spies in the Bike lane or face the iron fist of Carlo.
I did this once and got sent to a POW camp called LA county jail. Thats where i found ATS my roommate was detained as a political prisoner for trying to dissable a NWO satalite with a bucket of feces at a daycare.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
WOW!! and people wonder why I dont like cops!

And for all of you who are going to defend the police what about the 2 other cops? They didn't do a damn thing to stop him when he was hiting her. In my eyes there just as bad.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I find it even more repulsive that the guy thinks he was right to do as he did.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
WOW! all for RIDING HER BICYCLE ON THE SIDEWALK!

Looked like the cop was going to spray her no matter what her argument was, but it backfired on him....

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
do you know what's really disturbing, the two other cops at the scene seemed absolutely non-plussed by the incident.

wonder if the "cops are the victims" patrol be stopping by this thread?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
After reading through this again I'm wondering, what time was this done? Where were other people? They said she was on a sidewalk I'm assuming a woman of 42 years old was smart and would be riding in either: A. A well-lit place or B. A safe neighborhood. So...Was anyone else around to see this (Other than the two cops who were doing lord knows what) while the poor woman was being hit. Either way, something still doesn't add up and I think the officer may be misplacing his anger as most people usually do. If so he should have been put on some type of hiatus, break or relieved from the force period. He should not be paid to beat up on anyone like that.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Very disturbing. The officers are on top of her and the self macer is hitting her in the head. Simply unreal. God knows what would have happened if she had been riding her bike on the street.

Did anybody even hear him ask her to get off the bike? He just threw her off it.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Tough guy can't even figure out which way to aim the pepper spray. I think we need a stricter policy for letting people become police officers. I have met some awesome police but the robocop wannabes by far outnumber the good ones.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is horrible. If i was the chief i would let it slide if it was his first night on the job, but i would deffinitly fire him for landing 4 clean punches to the face with no KO.If you are going to punch someone while they are that low you have to bend more at the knees so you can twist a little bit at the torso and drop your shoulder into it. You can tell this cop has no idea what he was doing. That is clearly NOT the way you fight an NWO bike spy.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's odd we didn't hear a conversation when he approached her. That should always be part of the report for clarity. He didn't need to pepper spray her either. He should have just called the other officer over. The guys an idiot and or a rookie.

She may even have priors? Whatever. I wouldn't ride a bike on the street with the drunks out there either. I wonder if she still does? Yeah, the guy hits her because he had the pepper spray aimed in his own face? (now look what you made me do) The three stooges.

I hate hearing about these cases and these people suing and collecting tax payer money like winning the lottery.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If there was merit to her case it would have come out in the criminal trial but she was convicted.

I'm no lover of excessive police force, and yes we do have a problem, but the relevant quote was:

As Stevenson struggles.....

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Arrested for riding a bicycle on the pavement...A warning and a ticket should do it... right? And maybe an explanation as to why it is illigal...

It is time The policeforces around the globe, started to think a little more about who they serve...

They are not hired and payed by us via taxes, to force the law apon us, but to use the law to protect us!!!

Scumbags like thoose on this video, clearly doesnt understand what there job is all about and should be fired imidiatly!!!

Serve and protect! not force and abuse!

LEARN IT!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
In the Uk, a few weeks ago, my friend got caught riding on the pavement (sidewalk for you Americans)...

He had no lights on, and didn't want to risk driving home on the dark road.
The two police officers asked for his details, gave him a telling off and explained why it was a silly idea to drive on the pavement after dark.

They handed him an on-the-spot fine (£30) and told him to push the bike home. They wished him a good night.

I'm so glad i live in the Uk and not the states. No wonder you all barricade yourselves in your homes and shoot each other. With cops like that, who needs criminals.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
God save the queen

I wish i lived in london.
When i was 14 i was ridding my bike without a helmet. A cop stopped me and told me t walk it and go home.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh please she had it coming!

There she was minding her own business riding down the block trying to get someplace!

The nerve of her!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Actually after reviewing the video she was in violation of not having a light on her bike and she was on the side walk both are major violations under recent Home land security bills that past and a beating was the correct measured response

[edit on 4-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If that were my mother, sister, girlfriend, or wife, I would be waiting in the wings of the courthouse for that officer to exit the courtroom. That's all I'll say.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join