It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-top Cop Heads To Prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Ex-top Cop Heads To Prison

Former Schenectady police chief Greg Kaczmarek was led out of a Schenectady County courtroom Monday in handcuffs, moments after being sentenced on his earlier plea of guilty to drug possession.
Kaczmarek, 56, was sentenced to two years in state prison for his role in a local drug ring.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.dailygazette.com

Mod Edit: Added link to news source.

[edit on 2/3/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I applaud the fact that the system worked in this case. A corrupt cop gets his just due. But having said that, I would also like to say that most cops and police officials are hard working and would not get caught up in either using drugs or selling them as part of a drug cartel, even if it is a local one. Greg Kaczmarek had it all, and threw it away.

www.dailygazette.com

Mod Edit: Added link to news source.

[edit on 2/3/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Conley

But having said that, I would also like to say that most cops and police officials are hard working and would not get caught up in either using drugs or selling them as part of a drug cartel,

what i find most interesting about your post is this;

the fact you felt to need the above quoted statement---as sort of a disclaimer ,,,,you felt obligated to throw that in

was that in foresight of the future -don't hate all cops----for a few bad apples card that will be played

if you posted a topic on a murder----would you feel the need to offer a similar disclaimer that "this guy murdered someone,,,however that's not to say all human beings are bad

or if a bank worker stole money from his bank---would you have included "not that all bank tellers are thiefs

a teacher has sex with a student,,"not to say all teachers are pedophiles"

no you wouldn't include these disclaimer statements,,, yet in cop threads ,,, we're made to feel as if we did something wrong for crucifying bad cops

why if we post a story of a bad cop,,,,or police brutality-----we have to feel almost guilty for villifying them about it?????

i think this issue is a big conspiracy in itself

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

Having lived in Schenectady all of my life, I have to say that with the rampant corruption that is inherent to our police force I can only assume that you included that disclaimer because you were afraid they would track you down and beat the hell out of you. Shining example

Same guy

More good cops

Just like the Energizer bunny

And more

And it's nothing new... from NY Times in 2001

Anyway, I'm sure there are more than a few good ones, but for now I think there's a bad one strung out and sleeping in my front hallway.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Magnivea]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
i was just pointing that out because of my distaste for the "bad apples "people in every cop thread

as if the op was trying to head off those replies,,,,which is ridiculous that we have to---PRE-defend the posting of a dirty cop thread

and damn,,,,you guys have some dirty, shady cops ehhh???

that first link on above post,,,in the pic,,,,he looks like a criminal,,,if that's possible,,like a strung out meth-head or something

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Two years that's bull, unindicted co-conspirator spells he was snich too.

He will have good time in prison, might send him to another state in segregation. He should have got 25+ years on Reco.

New York, Serpico, investegation findings 10% cops bad, !0% cops good, 80% cops go either way.

When was kid want to be cop, till found truth at 16, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

What you say is partly true. I have to be careful with how I word things here in Schenectady, especially as to how it relates to the Police Force. They have certainly had more than their fair share of corruption over the last 10-15 years or more. There are a few decent police officers here in Schenectady, though.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

I know, I met two during that big ice storm in October. A tree snapped and landed on my car and one explained how we could go about getting money from the city for it without having to battle in court for 2 years.

He also told me where to get Glock 22 magazines that were less than half the price I was paying. Thanks only cops I've ever met in Schenectady that didn't act like they were superior to me!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
They just do this for show, or he upset someone above him. The police are all bad, 99.99% of them, so why do you guys think they are clearing house.

Oh no they caught one of 100 million criminal police, oh no we have to jumop for joy for justice.

top topics

join