It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lionman statue in Giza - room to be explored

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sphinx chamber to have photographs taken
Sorry for vagueness to my post - this wednesday I can add more details when I get my notes back! (another ATS member removed my previous post with all the details)
A member of the A.R.E. or 'Association for Research and Enlightenment' has had permission to drill down to the tunnel/room below the 'lionman' or sphinx.
According to one of the ARE magazines, the equipment has been sent over from N.America and this will happen anytime soon.

As you may know, the infamous hall of records has been claimed to be under the sphinx. Edgar Cayce being mostly responsible.
Due to my belief in the work of Mr.Cayce, I feel that this is worthy of noting.
I also believe that a person will come forward and reveal an item or two has been removed from public knowledge (in the past) - around the turn of the 1900's there was a lot of activity in regards to this subject!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I bet they'll find a boat under there.
*nod* That's where my bets would go.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by matsplat

Ah you reappear, your earlier thread disappeared obviously, probably due to your mention of the magazine whose name we shall not speak!

In that original message you mentioned 'found in 1997'? Now there have been a number of sensing and holes drilled into the limestone beneath and around the Sphinx. Which one are your referring too?

I believe a Nasa study (which I posted here but cannot find at the moment) showed a gavity near but not underneath the Sphinx

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

It wasn't that obvious!
Why are you afraid to speak a name?
The sphinx in EGYPT is what I'm referring too - where did you think I was on about?
Nasa study is a new one to me - what is a 'Gavity'?

Quote "In that original message you mentioned 'found in 1997'? " END Quote - how would you know what was said in original post? it was deleted

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by matsplat
reply to post by Hanslune

It wasn't that obvious!
Why are you afraid to speak a name?
The sphinx in EGYPT is what I'm referring too - where did you think I was on about?
Nasa study is a new one to me - what is a 'Gavity'?

Quote "In that original message you mentioned 'found in 1997'? " END Quote - how would you know what was said in original post? it was deleted

Because I read the message before it was deleted

Yes we are both talking about the Sphinx in Egypt. Which study are you referring to? Where are they intenting to drill? I do note that there is no mention of this on the SCA website.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Where are the links??

The OP is just stating the news. Arent there any links from mainstream websites?? or at least from Zahi Hawass's website????

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hey there. I was JUST spreading the word.

Maybe by setting up a webcam on one of the tower blocks encroaching the Giza plateau, you get get all the answers.

Lets just hope that no evidence is kept from the public.
The A.R.E of course, will have any news from the drilling.

Directly related to the previous drilling which was I believe with Joe Schlor.
Though this is related to the Schor & Jahoda work
Where is the drilling? Below the sphinx, and from what I can tell it is slightly to East.
It is aimed at the chamber found in 97 by radar. Joe Jahoda thinks it is a corridor or what Cayce referred to as an antechamber to the Hall of
Records and that there is believed to be a passageway from it into the real Hall of records.

maybe you could check other sources such as the ARE.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The latest news is that the drilling equipment didn't arrive in time to the Giza area.
The team went to another job.
This drilling investigation will take place in 2009 though - apparently!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That's just... weird.

If they had the permit, they could have negotiated for the drilling if the equipment failed to arrive on time (this happens lots.) Was the leader of the expedition so inexperienced that they didn't realize the equipment should be there up to a month ahead of time and that backup parts were needed?

I wonder what they were going to drill with. Can't see Hawass letting someone bring over a big Texas oil rig and nailing it under the sphynx... the pollution from that kind of operation would ruin sites that other people would be interested in. They couldn't have been using jack hammers; that would damage too much.

Any other details? This sounds weird and fishy.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Hi Byrd

Not much more details to state really. I'm a bit cagey now about what I can quote and not quote after the ruckus I caused starting this thread - I had to change 'sphinx' to 'lionman' for what it's worth!

Basically, according to an article in the A.R.E's ancient mysteries mag, an american named Don Dickinson has put up all or most of the cash to carry out the investigation. It is through the long-standing relationship between Hawass and the A.R.E (Edgar Cayce centre) that an agreement was made to allow a team to drill. They will drill at an angle, through the limestone bedrock.
What is strange - unless it's a reporting error - is that they stated that the drill had been shipped.
Perhaps it wasn't up to the job, or Hawass saw it and freaked out!

I have seen a recent article in Atlantis Rising magazine, #75 entitled "Giza Underground". It covers the research by Bill Brown, and also a polish team who undertook a ground-penetrating radar survey at Giza in 2006. There is an image with a diagonal shaft.
If someone could find a way of showing this - those who believe this is a joke can see the potential of this being quite the opposite to a joke.

have a look at www.philipcoppens.com...

I have never found the reference, but I remember clearly reading somewhere that Cayce prophesised that a core team of three specific people would 'reveal' the records - 2 men and a woman - of course 'reveal' means that it not necessarily be in the place expected!
Basically, at the turn of the 20th century, a lot of looting went on in places like Egypt. The old days when the sun would never set on the british empire.
So is it inconceivable that these records where taken just like many other artifacts and manuscripts (some like the papol vul never to be seen again).
It just may be that the records might be not quite people expect them to be!

If I read any more I'll post here.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by matsplat]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Latest update on Giza and Sphinx

Any photos and exploration documented is now supposed to be released in Nov/Dec 2009!

We know by now that there is something up with Giza plateau and if it has the relevance to our history that people like Graham Hancock say, surely we have the right to know now!

Anyone else have any news to add?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by matsplat

It's possible that you've been mislead about ARE drilling near the Sphinx. I can't imagine what plausible justification they could offer that would result in a permit. They've no provenance in archaeology or scientific studies and aren't supported by academic institutions.

What may have happened is that you or your source has misinterpreted plans by Hawass to drill near the Sphinx. It's eminently possible that a hokey website has attributed the plans to the Cayce guys to either sell merchandise or lend credence to them.

Hawass and Lehner have filmed a documentary for release near the end of 2009. It involved drilling near the Sphinx to assess the water table and explore possibilities of damage from water erosion...Hawass explains....

For years, I have debated people like John Anthony West, Robert Bauval, and Graham Hancock, who say that survivors of a lost civilization 10,000 years ago left secrets buried beneath the Sphinx. These people also claim that the erosion of the Sphinx was caused by water, and that this necessarily means that it dates back to long before the Old Kingdom. None of their theories has any basis in fact, but their supporters have insisted that we should drill holes to try and find these hidden chambers. I have always refused to permit such a project in the past, because there was no scientific basis for it. Because such drilling was a necessary part of our work to protect the Sphinx from groundwater, however, we did finally drill in the vicinity of the statue, and we found that there were no hidden passages or chambers there.
The Story of the Sphinx

The article is very informative and his arguments can be checked for supporting evidence.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

What that amounts to is Hawass basically saying, "I don't believe it so i won't allow it to be studied." That is the most unscientific thing i have ever read. Seriously.

And then for him to conduct the study on his own (instead of allowing a third party), it just makes it so fishy that i cannot buy it.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

And then for him to conduct the study on his own (instead of allowing a third party), it just makes it so fishy that i cannot buy it.

From what I can tell, it was conducted with Mark Lehner, German archaeologist Rainer Stadelmann and a film crew from PBS Nova (Sphinx-a-Nova ).

Hawass says that he...

...also pointed out that although there are no mysterious tunnels and chambers left by 10,000 year-old civilizations under the Sphinx, there are in fact some passages below the statue that may have been carved by treasure hunters long after the Sphinx was created, and later used for burials. Our work with the Sphinx confirmed the existence of four openings inside or under the statue.
Link

I like the way they refer to Hawass as a 'shrinking violet.' He is what he is, but I think he's done more to protect the sites of AE than anyone else. People will say that he's concealing whatever catches their imagination....I'd say that 2000 years of plundering didn't reveal anything unusual or extraterrestrial...is it rational for folk to now blame him for that reality continuing?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

If those passages have not been searched, then he cannot know who/what caused them, or when.

What about the reports of a chamber under/between the paws?

It seems to me that Hawass has done a great job protecting the stance preferred by the Egyptian authority, but his "good job" of protecting AE sites is because of his lack of action with Egyptian sites.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Apart from Vyse's tunnel, the existing passages underneath have all been excavated over the centuries, At least one is suspected to be a treasure hunter's exploratory tunnel. The important thing to consider is that the area has been widely plundered for centuries. 12th Century Persians to Napoleonic French have all explored and looted souvenirs. Another tunnel was explored in the 1920s and was found to narrow down to a dead end.. (NOVA PBS Pyramids )

Numerous surveys have been conducted that would have revealed hidden chambers or artificial passages ( Application of Electrical Prospecting to the Restoration Survey of the Great Sphinx in Giza, Egypt. )

As much as people like the idea of discovering a room that confirms some lost civilization...it's not gonna happen. There isn't one there. It would have been discovered over the centuries and wasn't.

Known Sphinx Passages

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Even if there were some hidden room that was discovered, would it not also be possible to discover that the room is empty and an old and undiscovered treasure hunter’s tunnel leading away from the room, through which all items were removed.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

and that is my second thought: what if it HAD been discovered, and carted off to Alexandria.

Assuming that the "records" were not paper, could there still be some sign of them submerged in the Mediteranean?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Will A.R.E. and Edgar Cayce's trans-channeled visions perpetuated by the writings of Graham Hancock ever rest?

There are no chambers beneath the Sphinx. This area has been one of the most scrutinized areas on the planet!

At the conference on "The Origins of the Egyptian State" at UCLA in November, 1995, Zahi Hawass and Mark Lehner showed slides of a core sampling done by the University of Pennsylvania. They did indeed find a ground anomaly below the paws of the Sphinx consisting of a lighter material (but solid) than the surrounding stone. This could be sediment deposited by flooding but the area has yet to be excavated.

That's the closest thing there is to a chamber or cavity is lighter stone material, such as limestone deposits beneath the surrounding stone.

No Galactic Archives or subterranean Go'uld base. Sorry.

As far as the Library of Alexandria, the first time it was burned to the ground, the majority of it's holdings were actually in the Serapeum during renovations on the Library, so the majority of it's holdings survived unscathed. During the second burning, the holdings weren't so fortunate. Prior to the third burning, many of the texts were moved to Harran when the Platonic Academy in Alexandria moved there. It is true that the remains of the Library of Alexandria have been discovered on the ocean floor recently. However, it is questionable if any texts will be recovered.

The texts that were removed from the Library of Alexandria and moved to Harran (including all of the works of Plato in their original Greek, instead of Latin or Arabic translations) are lost to us now due to the GAP Project to add 5 additional Dams to the Ataturk Dam on the Euphrates which has flooded the entire Harran Plain.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
"There are no chambers beneath the Sphinx. This area has been one of the most scrutinized areas on the planet!

At the conference on "The Origins of the Egyptian State" at UCLA in November, 1995, Zahi Hawass and Mark Lehner showed slides of a core sampling done by the University of Pennsylvania. They did indeed find a ground anomaly below the paws of the Sphinx consisting of a lighter material (but solid) than the surrounding stone. This could be sediment deposited by flooding but the area has yet to be excavated."
[edit on 29-6-2009 by fraterormus]

One of the most sxrutinised areas of the planet... has yet to be excavated. what a contradiction in terms.

I can't be arsed to reply to other posts - absolutely no disrespect to anyone here intended. I merely would like to get to the root of this.

As for conclusive surverys (numerous one apparently) I don't think any of us can comment on the true findings at an area such as this - we may only get to hear some of the truth. Not saying thats the case, but none of us have been there to bear witness - have we?

Anyway, as a result from the polish team doing GPR, the area I have referred to has been isolated for this invasive drilling inspection, the only thorough way of knowing I believe, this assuming the correct spot/s are drilled at.

Now assuming a tunnel or room is found, I assume visual equipment gets used.
If a room is found, who's to say paper records would have been left!
If the founders of Egypt were as clever as claimed, they may have been adept time travellers (note the carvings of helicopter, plane etc at Abydos temple)
they might have left a DVD for the lucky plunderer.

How could people have plundered the very tunnel or chamber that this thread refers to anyhow.
There definitely is something missing from the nearby vicinity (that was left subterranean) but I don't know what. I just have this feeling that it lies somewhere waiting to have it's identity and purpose come clear (my opinion only)

As for plundering, whenever I'm in London i have a look at cleopatras needle on the bank of the thames. Quite a size, and due to a facination of all things egyption, especially obelisks, it was shipped over to the UK. The obelisk reportedly came adrift in it's iron casing in the bay of biscay, and was retrieved at a later date. That was the length gone to.

As for records lost from flooding - I'm assuming a race clever enough to build the area up as they did would have had some appreciation of the workings of nature.

Just hoping time will tell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join