It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester Hurls Shoe At Chinese PM During UK Visit, Look Out, It's A Shoeicide Protester

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Protester Hurls Shoe At Chinese PM During UK Visit, Look Out, It's A Shoeicide Protester

apnews.myway.com

CAMBRIDGE, England (AP) - A protester threw a shoe at China's Prime Minister Wen Jiabao Monday while he was giving a speech at Cambridge University, police said.

The protester seated near the back of the auditorium stood up during Wen's speech and shouted: "How can you listen to this unchallenged?" before throwing a shoe that landed some distance from the premier.

Wen looked unruffled, paused a few seconds and then continued with his remarks. One of his aides quietly stepped on the stage, picked up the gray athletic shoe and removed it.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.sockandawe.com...
Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip
Shoes thrown at Bush - The ULTIMATE insult! (Video)
Saudi businessman offers $10 million for shoe thrown at Bush

[edit on 2-2-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm laughing pretty hard at this, not because I'm disrepectful of a person speaking, but because shoe throwing is going to become an epidemic soon enough because of this as well as the previous shoe thrown at George W Bush.

I couldn't find any other news articles on this, but I'm sure other ATS'ers will add to this thread, so I'll be patient. Soon enough any and all people will have to take their shoes off just to attend these events, because of the silliness of politicians and people disagreeing with them.

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
"Who throws a shoe?! i mean honestly "

Cept maybe our very own Asala . . . .

[edit on 2/2/2009 by Omega85]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
"Who throws a shoe?! i mean honestly "

Cept maybe our very own Asala . . . .

[edit on 2/2/2009 by Omega85]

ROTFLAMO. You beat me to the Asala joke, damn you!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I would throw a pencil or pen. More chance of a tiny bleeding sore!
Maybe it'll get infected!
ohhh how about a pencil covered in the AIDS Virus?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Okay. That's another way to go. If you like being arrested for transporting bio-toxins.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Damn, for my plan to work I need to get AIDS. And thats not on my list for survival.

I'll give him!!
The Common Cold!
Bwahahaha

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
just bring a bag of old shoes and hurl them willy nilly

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I must consult Asala on the aerodynamics of shoes. ~dials Asala~

link   
Another shoe throwing incident I see there Spartan.

Here we go with shoe throwing again!!

Ever since that Iraqi reporter hurled that shoe towards G.W. Bush's skull. It seems that everybody wants a piece of the fun. First Bush and now the Chinese Prime Minister. Who's next on the shoe throwing parade??
I mean after all it's not every single day that you see someone getting a shoe hurled at their heads, or maybe it is.........

Who knows.

link   
Oh snap, that headline almost made me pee myself. "Shoecide protester?" You know, the rate people are going they won't have to worry about taking shoes off at the airport anymore because they will be illegal....along with No. 2 pencils.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Oh snap, that headline almost made me pee myself. "Shoecide protester?" You know, the rate people are going they won't have to worry about taking shoes off at the airport anymore because they will be illegal....along with No. 2 pencils.

Yeah, I had to put some humor in the title.

The leaders of the free world, taken out by a shoe.

Darn those shoeicide protesters, and their careless throwing of shoes!!!

All the innocent civilians who might be struck in the aftermath by laces and wedges in the name of Allah.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
lol sorry but i had to laugh hard at some of the witty comments

Shoe and flaged

lol!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Some really funny replies to this post so far. I'm laughing right now.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I guess when one of these shoe throwing fools get shot I will be the one laughing.

Betcha that will end the shoe throwing frenzy.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
lol, Dont look at me!! The headline would have been a big pink shoe!

But shoe throwing does seem to be the new in thing now, Might have to buy a few more pairs just for protests,

[edit on 2-2-2009 by asala]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I guess when one of these shoe throwing fools get shot I will be the one laughing.

Betcha that will end the shoe throwing frenzy.

Yep.....That will fix that quick fast an in a hurry

And someone will say it was an excessive uses of force

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Before you know shops will be selling shoes in threes

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I lolled hard, but seriously, what is with all this attention whoreing? A shoe is the ultimate insult in arab culture, so I see where that reporter in Iraq was comeing from. The guy in the UK is just looking to get some fame from the whole thing, probly explains his bent aim, he never intended to hit the PM and risk being tortured after they abduct him rofl.

I would love to see a story in the news about this retard going missing, least we would know the Chinese see shoes as a big insult also

Shoes are overrated anyway, you wish to cause someone lots of harm and pain, stick a sharp object (preferably a pen since it is not an offensive weapon lol) into a pile of dog doodoo, then if you have any skill, land that doodoo tip into the suckers cheek, instant pain, unsightly mark on his face and the possibility of some nasty infections developing soon after haha.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
lol, Dont look at me!! The headline would have been a big pink shoe!

But shoe throwing does seem to be the new in thing now, Might have to buy a few more pairs just for protests,

[edit on 2-2-2009 by asala]

So, asala, would you please explain for the thread, the aerodynamics of shoe throwing?

We know we can learn so much from you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join