It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mig 29 better than F-16 ?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ok. You keep believing that. Back here in the real world, the F-16 is undefeated in air to air combat, and the MiG-29 has never won.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You weak-minded
It was advice fore you
you look like ideot .

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Do you have something better to provide then Russian news sources and insults? This is getting boring.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
DO you have something better to provide other than U.S. NEWS sources????

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The US news sources are verified by European news sources. The West has a far better reputation then the Russian media, which still has plenty of direct government intervention.

Create all the conspiracies you want. No one but a nut really puts Russian media on par with American or European sources.

I'm sure I'll get plenty of calls that I'm a brainwashed idiot, but not much of an argument. The claims made by your sources aren't even believable. Things like 3 B-2's being shot down are impossible, not just farfetched. It couldn't be hidden. 5 billion dollars of equipment doesn't vanish without someone saying something.

Hell, America's military can't even hide something like Abu Graib. How exactly are we going to hide the loss of 3 B-2's, or the massive casualties you claim we've had in Iraq?

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Disturbed Deliverer]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Abu Garav came out cuz it's part of the plans in "The Protocals of Zion" one of the protocalls talks about having the nonJews turn against thier own government by placing pupets of the zionists in power and having them cause the governments of Europe and U.S. to do things that are oubviously criminal AND then exposing it threw "the Press" P.S. it's isn't that hard for U.S. Gov not to realise info on what happened to the 2-3 ba's to CNN, AND YOU KNOW WHY PEOPPLE WILL DISAGREE WITH YOU CUZ YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT YOU SOUND LIKE A hOLLYWOOD movie where everything is just simply true what u.s. gov says P.S. were's the wmd's hahahaahah (just as the conspirousey tellers were saying before the iraqi Invaion U.S. went infor oil) if there's no conspirousy where's the WMD'S HAHAHAHHA

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The US media was reporting that there weren't WMD's before we even went into Iraq. They hardly just went along with what the government said.

The media also reported Cope India. If the government was influencing it, why would they want the media to report it? You and the other Russians believe it was a straight up exercise, right? Why would they want the people to know about that disaster?

Why did the US media report the F-117? Surely it could have been hidden completely.

There's just way too much dissent in the American media for half of what you guys say to be true. It's wishful thinking. If the American media was like Russia's, a guy like Micheal Moore wouldn't still be able to get on TV. He wouldn't be making movies. H

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Russian media has no where near the reputation American and European media sources have. If you cannot see that, you're pretty ignorant.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm getting closer to finding the bbc article about the MiG vs. F-15 but until then here's some back up about multipile planes going down in Kasavo members.tripod.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I can't even believe I'm going to acknowledge this(especially some random "blog" that was posted as reference), but, as an active member of the USAF, directly working with the F-15 day to day, I can tell you all of us in the F-15 community are very much a 'community.' We all know the whereabouts of our other squadrons, have contacts in them, and DEFINITELY would know if one of our jets was downed, whether it be by accident, or hostile fire.

Now much of Kosovo was fielded by the 48FW, namely the 492nd FS(F-15Es), and 493rd FS(F-15Cs, with 4 MiG kills during that conflict). I have personal friends that were there, based with these jets in Aviano, and Cervia, Italy, as they conducted their missions in the conflict. To put this to rest, NO F-15s were lost to air-to-air combat. It just didn't happen. There isn't a BBC article stating this, if there were, it wouldn't be so difficult to find. The F-15 is not an aircraft we would "hide" being shot down regardless. If one was lost, it would be easy to determine its squadron, base and tail #. Let's please put this to rest.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
if there's no conspirousy where's the WMD'S HAHAHAHHA

if there's no conspirousy where's the B2's and F-16's and F-15's HAHAHAHHA

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Americans can afford to put fuel in their planes. It doesn't matter if the mig is better. We can build more and launch more sorties.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
In technical terms, if the equivilent pilots were put in well maintained and well armed planes, the MiG would win. Simple, its specifications. The F-16 wouldn't stand a chance, it'd be out gunned and out manouvered.

The reason the F-16 wins is becasue the US only invades countries that don't stand a chance. Their pilots are barley trained, the aircraft are in terrible shape, and not properly armed. E.g: Iraq, etc.

Although, in the first Gulf War, a MiG-25 got the first A2A kill and escaped. Hehe. Go MiG-25 pilot, you'll probably get bombed in your house in a few days.

On the note of the Korean war: The true kill ratio was about 4-1 to the Americans. The 10-1 kill ratios or above were blatant propagandarising to account for the early US losses and make people feel better. FAct is, at the start of the war, the Koreans had dominance because the Sabre wasn't out there. The Sabre soon took over though, with better trained pilots. The best pilots flying for the Koreans were acctually Russian, truth be known.

Vietnam was a mad air war, two true greats if you ask me. The MiG-21 and F4 battling it out.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Vietnam was an anomoly, with the visual rules of engagement giving a huge advantage to the NVAF.

The Phantoms were not designed to be dogfighters but fleet defense missle launchers

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

In technical terms, if the equivilent pilots were put in well maintained and well armed planes, the MiG would win. Simple, its specifications. The F-16 wouldn't stand a chance, it'd be out gunned and out manouvered.

Like the exercises in Germany, right...? The F-16's did fine dogfighting against the MiG-29 then. Then there's the BVR aspect, which the F-16 dominates. You can't overlook the avionics and missiles of a plane, because they are the most important.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
if there's no conspirousy where's the WMD'S HAHAHAHHA

if there's no conspirousy where's the B2's and F-16's and F-15's HAHAHAHHA

So you support the Iraq war??..

A first from a chinese poster...
The chinese response to american attacks on this forum have been quite "bland" shall we say..it seems posters of other nationalities have had to "defend" the "integrity" of chinese hardware..
i.e. me, Lucretius, Waynos...disappointing..

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
Chew upon what a US Pilot had to say seeker:

Lt. Col. David "Logger" Rose, a Persian Gulf War F-15 pilot, 41, recalled the time "12 years ago to the day in Desert Storm" when an Iraqi MiG-29 chased away his F-15 on the first day of the war.

Src :www.reviewjournal.com...
Text
That just further strengthen's the Mig's claim.
True a few Mig-29's were shot down, but those were in the hands of a few untrained rookies.

Give a Mig-29 to a proper pilot and he'll blow up an F-16 anyday.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
Chew upon what a US Pilot had to say seeker:

HI iam a pakistani and we have got F-16A .Sure MIG-29 is a good fighter plane but F-16 is the best .We have shot down SU-22 and SU-27 so what makes you think that MIG-29 is worthy of beating F-16 .If F-16 is piloted by a regular pilot it can blow up or tear a part MIG-29 any time.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
So you support the Iraq war??..

A first from a chinese poster...
The chinese response to american attacks on this forum have been quite "bland" shall we say..it seems posters of other nationalities have had to "defend" the "integrity" of chinese hardware..
i.e. me, Lucretius, Waynos...disappointing..

Its just that i am kind of pissed off by the amazing crap that we see here. And the lack of literacy. I do not support the gulf war a single bit,its just that when someone believes that they shot down 3 B-2s which then disappeared somehow later on pisses me off.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join