It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land of The Lost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Not sure if everyone caught it, but another new movie during the Superbowl....had a teaser trailer.

Will Farrel in Land of the Lost. Seems it's purposefully going the corny route (which is fine, because the old show was, back on Kroft Superstars, for the generation that remembers it...)

www.imdb.com...

The weird part is...seems like some kind of time travel bit, and future time travel at that...so not sure where THAT comes into play...(destroyed cities but dinos running around???)

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Actually, it looks like it has a Bermuda Triangle theme. Notice the ship laying in the desert.

It looks better than I thought it would be.

Peace

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The trailer does make this movie look interesting.

I was always confused about the TV show as it indicated they went back in time, but the night sky showed more than one moon. It was a kids' show, so they never really explained much.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Maybe a parallel universe thing....

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That is what I'm thinking. I also think with Will Ferrell in the movie, there will be a lot of nods to us original fans. Mr Ferrell is in our age group (in his 40s), and probably was a fan as a kid.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Remember his character name in the Jay and Silent Bob movie? (Marshal Willenholly) i.e. Marshal, Will, & Holly (the characters in Land of the Lost)...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I had forgotten about that one. I guess the movie is in good hands. The dinosaurs do look awesome, something they would never of had the money to do on a Saturday morning kids' show.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm going to reserve judgment until I've seen it. I'm not sure if corny is the way to go with this. This show on Saturday morning was a low budget kid's show but I don't think it was intended to be corny. It will be interesting to watch though, I hope. I'm glad they didn't change the look of the Sleestaks.

new topics

top topics

join